Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RangerKarl posted:

Fair cop, I always forget about the street-crossing kid in these cliches. Though granted, nobody's ever tried shooting the truck (except the karate isekai guy)

Can say the child saving isnt that common actually.

Usually its just BLAM Truck kun outta nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Everything just works out because hes actually strong enough to make his bullshit seem profound. Him not realizing hes actuallly living his fantasy rather than just acting it out is starting to wear a little thin.

It is funny though how he ended with a few (extra-weird) weirdos in the midst of all his hyper competent followers.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It still has potential but it needs to mix up the jokes to stay fresh

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crazy demon is good. Bit of a power fantasy but the MC actually has agency and a personality so hes not a blank slate. Hes arrogant and a dick but hes a genuinely good person, as long as its not to a slaver, bandit or some jianghu dickhead.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah its pretty good. The central deal that the MC not only isnt strong, hes weaker than practically anyone in the world is an interesting one. It lets the rest of the characters actually be characters with agency. The story is still a little simple in that the plot always finds the cast rather than the opposite but theres a decent amount of intrigue.

Tl;dr its the better version of The Realist Hero.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, I feel like he's a bit too diabolically calculating, but it leads to interesting story beats so I'll allow it

How much of that is him and how much is whatever happens to earthlings when they get isekaid remains to be seen.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dongicus posted:

why dont you try isekaiing into some pussy

Readers beware:
This does not work. Dont run into traffic expecting to come out with a waifu

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bongo Bill posted:

Not when there's a caesarean section.

No man of isekai born can defeat macbeth

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah its a super trashy revenge manhua and part of the authors extended universe.

Worthless waste of time imho

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thousands

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It also has one of my favorite insult epithets in "Potato girl"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah im enjoying this one for the comedy of it, not much the action.
Its best when hes bouncing off his completely straight laced guard/friend.

Oh and because im secretly a 10 year old child i like all the face faults like hes joey from yugioh.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dipwood posted:

How do you effectively read webtoons on a desktop computer? I find the constant scrolling irritating.

Its still annoying but: page up/down.
Or use a mouse with a free scrolling wheel.
Or make your monitor vertical.

anything to avert RSI, because reading vertical comics on desktop sounds like a shortcut to carpal tunnel.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 6, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fellis posted:

That’s the cooking isekai manga with Fenrir? what the gently caress

Yo what the gently caress
I like that series
what the hell

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i read it because for about a year i obsessively read webnovels without any standards. mushoku, shield hero, toycar's various mega harem wn's, whatever. i make a lot of bad choices.

oh same, picked it up as a quarantine habit and im slowly unlearning it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is the 2chan guy's isekai really a reflection of that forum's culture? I'm trying to understand the gimmick out of some fascination of a different culture's Internet culture. It looks like it just comes down to picking at insignificant details, demanding proof based on those details, and then picking on insignificant details of that proof, going down until the other side just breaks down. I've seen this kind of troll behavior before and I think the behavior is getting lost some in the translation.

No i think thats about it.
To be expected, really, of a comic where youre supposed to think a website guy is cool.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Guyver posted:

Reading some isekai trash called A Gamemaster Logged Into a Differnt World today and

main spends the first two chapters attacking slave ships but apparently only because he doesn't like those particular slavers.

Drils tweet about drunk driving but about slavery

Fake e

Well poo poo

DACK FAYDEN posted:

slavery may enslave a lot of people but it also affects the unemployment rate so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not

Dont shotgun you're posts kids

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mordecai posted:

Surviving The Game as a Barbarian is a game isekai that looks promising. There are no stats or status screens, at least so far. Also the game is a masocore dark fantasy dungeon roguelike.

Lmao that ones loosely based off dungeon crawl stone soup.
I had to not snort when the it said there was barely any documentation on the game and he had to figure things out on his own, when this style of roguelike includes some of the most exhaustively documented games.

Theres been inuniverse details that explain why the game does things the way it does (like healing potions not being able to be used in battle because they hurt like hell to drink). But i assume the game mechanics bit is coming soon.

Theres an interesting bit where the otherworlds inhabitants know isekaiers exist and that they come into the world by possessing existing people.

E: As it stands its just crappier sword king

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 5, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

a 10 volume run sint bad at all. the TLs just way behind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

Updates just keep pouring on as the two brand new chapters of Giant and Onee-sama pack a lot of things into the story.
So it appears that this story essentially takes place in otherworld Australia which is a first for me. (explains why things are so big and deadly over there)
The name James Cook, a ship called Endeavor, and the country being Dasmania are all based on the real world events that led to British colonization of Australia. How they got here is one thing, but I'd be interested if all the current otherworlders aren't being funneled through this space ship to gain their powers before being randomly warped back out of the ship to a place on the continent. There's also the member from Elis's clan associated up with this organization. Omega is a hell of a name but maybe she's Elis' twin or biological sister given both have pale skin and wear the same hair style. She does actually appear in the flashbacks to chapter 3 flashbacks and seems to be taller than Elis so maybe she didn't inherit the magical potential of a giant god which is why she wears something similar to the ancient weapon the church goon in the same chapter was also wearing. Elis also has the same clothing in the present as Omega in the past when previously she wore much simpler garments before meeting Hinako.

As for the new chapter. Junko is overloaded and overpowered but still gets dunked on by Elis every loop. Just reinforces what the church guy said about them not having the means to defeat a giant god at this time. On top of that Hinako has killed herself at least once in a previous loop and doesn't even flinch while her body is filled with shrapnel in the current loop including her loving EYEBALL! Carla has to be some bigshot in the demon camp because not only does she have knowledge about how to counter these cheat powers; she has to means to understand, reveal, and handle them all at the same time. I think the fairy trick is clever and it is one of a few reasons why Junko is so desperate in this situation because she's not able to groundhog day loop herself into the optimal outcome after at least 3 loops.

And those last pages. gently caress's sake there will be a reckoning for letting any harm come to Hinako. Junko is well and truly hosed now.

Scope creep: the isekai

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Homeless Friend posted:

this series is just screaming to be animated, every joke would land better animated lol

Deadpan speedrunner voiceover wpuld be great too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

this allusion meant posted:

honestly the series would be kinda middle of the road as far as gross pervert stuff in reincarnation isekai stories if it didn't try to dress it up as having something to do with a conscious path to becoming something categorically different from what he was, and just portrayed his occasional steps forward as the logical price of admission for having any kind of life. people could even choose to take the lesson from that on their own! it's the insistence that there's a centrality of redemption to the whole story that makes it absurdly despicable that no one is actually trying particularly hard to do that

Its extra guilty by being one of the first to do this, got massively popular, something that continues to be a mystery to me, and thus set the standard.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

doomrider7 posted:

make the world a getter place

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Whys the rape goblin manga getting an anime

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Everyone cross 'crop rotation' off the isekai bingo card.
RIP the former scanlation team.

TLs a bit fuzzy but they already had crop rotation and shes saying to turn the fallow land into pasture.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ElBrak posted:

I think in Jin the method they used to make penicillin was thought up in real life by a group of medical students or researchers, who were having a brainstorming session on how you might do it in the most low-tech way possible.

Yeah this is why Dr Stone fully discarded that and went straight to sulfa antibiotics, which you can synthesize from common and easy(ier) to acquire reagents.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Got Too caught up in the back and forth of the dialogue :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This whole arc is going to be our guy getting interrupted when he just wants to enjoy his sake huh? The 2nd to last panel about sums up my feelings on the matter. Interesting that for how fantastical all the other places we've visited are compared to real life, this new country is just straight up Japan in a microcosm.

Its the obligatory not-japan in an isekai

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I have three examples off the top of my head.
isekai-shikkaku Translations have hit a snag probably because of the official english release but there are still 30 chapters to sample and the series is ongoing. This one wears the idea that summoning a bunch of people and giving them fantastic powers would cause a huge problem because once the demon lord is defeated, the people that offed him set themselves up as the new world order. On top of that a bunch of smaller fish are running amok and causing problems for the locals so the MC's unique ability to send people home presents a cure for this plague

The MC is based off the protagonist of Osamu Dazai's novel, No Longer Human/A Shameful Life (Ningen Shikkaku), and mixed in with Osamu Dazai himself.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Argue posted:

This video is not available where I am, what is it

Anime trailer for The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nebrilos posted:

"Hero's Party Want to Experience LOVE" is an isekai, right?

On rereading chapter 1, it should have been obvious to me that Shaayu was a woman based on her figure when she took her breastplate off. I guess I don't pay enough attention. Why does Itsuka get jealous when other characters flirt with Shaayu if he doesn't like it when Shaayu flirts with him?

Shaayu knows, and I think the oneshots premise was that he doesnt.
And it has isekaid characters but none of main cast are isekaid persons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

doomrider7 posted:

The other is female hero allowing a body switch with the demon lord on his request albeit the rest of the details are a bit hazy as to what the gameplan was with the male sorcere who was in love with her vowing to fix things(I might be getting roles mixed up here).

This ones on jump+
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100251

Demon lord exchange.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hes a rootless outsider with a decent bit of cash in monster materials, an outlaw under the old definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Clarste posted:

I feel like people are misunderstanding me a little: I didn't mean the existence of shapeshifters who can melt, I meant the conflation of "slimes," as in the classic fantasy monster originating from D&D's oozes before being forever changed by Dragon Quest, with shapeshifters. As in, they are called slimes instead of shapeshifters and identify as slimes in a world with generic fantasy monsters.

Edit: I ask this partly because there's another work I follow featuring a shapeshifter who the fans are calling a slime despite that word never being used, and it's confusing the heck out of me.

The fans might just be pousoned by recent fiction.
Its like if it was made circa terminator 2 and the fans started calling that character a t1000