Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

Isn't there an isekai where a guy fucks his house

that's not an isekai(he doesn't, but boy if he could, you bet he would)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Clarste posted:

No no, there's one where he literally fucks the anthropomorphic manifestation of his house (like, the spirit of the tree whose wood was used to build the house), who then gets pregnant and gives birth to baby houses nearby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbJHppgrHc&hd=1&t=300s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

e: child-bearing drywall
lol nice

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RatHat posted:

This series keeps getting hornier and hornier
Is it never not horny?

even when it teaches something, it's via horniness

not that I'm complaining

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
while not "technically" an isekai, it follows the general formula of otome isekai, a fourth chapter of Of Course I'll Claim Palimony! dropped and the self-owns of a multitude of characters continue unabated

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is powerful potential reader repellent

quote:

Everyone in a high school is suddenly transported to another world. As they are attacked by monsters they find that some of the students now have superpowers. They organize themselves into two groups. Those without powers are called the Stay Home Group and those with them are called the Exploration Group. On a day where most of the Exploration Group is out, the remaining ones that stay behind start the slaughtering and raping of the Stay Home Group.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's the Edgy And Brutal Intro, dontcha know

The concept of "an entire school gets isekai'd" piqued my curiosity and that was immediately dashed by the rest of the summary

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The isekai series, already a genre not known for handling social commentary well, predicated on rape and murder is bad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Taking a Dump in a Fantasy World Toilet.

quote:

People are said to spend three years of their life on the toilet*.
Can you make the best of that time?
A Hero reincarnated into another world makes dragon scales into toilet seats and slimes into wet wipes as he journeys in search of a comfortable toilet...!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Argue posted:

Goddammit I thought the fantasy toilet thing was a joke made up by this thread but I guess I should have learned by now

I should've included the cover, which has a dragon scale carved into a toilet seat I believe

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

khy posted:

But what are each of our crazy cheat powers
being able to derail any thread into an argument about anime or undertale(they're the same thing)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Argue posted:

HONK!? I Am Very Angry Because I Was Reincarnated Into This Small Village As A Lowly Goose!

yes please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Horrible goose, get it right!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nathilus posted:

A good trendpost. You've influenced me. Do you have an instagram account?
you are so old

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Moon-Led Journey chapter

they're finally, finally heading off to Rotsgard, but at the current WN-into-manga pacing since it's staying really faithful to the webnovel, the manga version will take literally about 20 years to get to the current arc(which is on hiatus, natch). And that's if they don't do any of the side stories, which I hope they don't, because I've heard they're awful.

edit: also, (spoilers for later WN stuff) the author hasn't forgotten about rembrant and moris's atrocities as they were brought up in the second to last arc in the WN before the hiatus iirc in regards to "would Makoto flip his poo poo if he saw these memory visuals of what rembrant and moris actually did" so I do actually hope there's a reckoning or an accounting for and not simply forgiveness, because they did some hosed UP poo poo in the name of "business", I immediately recall that stuff whenever I see them casually smiling and chatting peacefully

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 19, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What a wild ride

Edit: gently caress you top of page have a short sequence from the Sui offshoot manga to the wandering cook isekai

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 9, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in 20 chapters she will discover french fries and then she'll get chubby and have to work out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vengarr posted:

Why do people like Reincarnated as a Slime? I only just started, but the novels have been an endless series of shopping lists. I'm having a hard time getting through volume two.

He's not even a loving slime by the end of volume 1. Like my god, there goes the original hook.
I've been reading the manga and it basically starts out at the slime part, maybe go with that instead?

And I think people like it because it's relatively laid back(some serious mood whiplash at times though), the characters are generally fun, and it tends to avoid some of the worst pitfalls of the genre. Still blunders right into some others though. It's still a power fantasy type, and there's certainly issues to be raised about colonialism, but it's still not the worst offender of that sort by a long shot.

The current arc the manga is going through is pretty interesting, with the newly-formed nation of monsters being declared a crime against god by the nearby militant theocracy, who have declared a genocidal war in order to annihilate the monsters as well as claim their extremely valuable territory

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jackard posted:

Agreed, but it also all feels very convenient, not only does he get to bring his friends back to life but then it goes on to paint the other side as cartoonishly evil and incompetent
ah, so like real life theocracies then :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I. M. Gei posted:

... Well, uhh...... I dunno about the rest of y’all, but...... I’d read it. :shrug:

It is extremely, powerfully Not Good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yanno what, I wasn't really sure what to expect with the buildup here, but

that was a pretty solid own on that dude

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Today on a very important chapter of It's My Life, we seek to see what astra looks like under the mask.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well that's repugnant but unsurprising

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh I saw the first chapter of that and it looked interesting.

the start of the second chapter is excellent

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 27, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpazmasterX posted:

Frankly I'm more surprised when they don't.
there's that one that was linked in this thread at some point where the guy gets reincarnated and is living a normal life with his nice sister in a small village of mages, and then finds out that everyone in the village "traditionally" marries their siblings and has children with them, so he immediately noped the gently caress out of town forever and goes on an adventure instead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new combatants will be dispatched already has me guffawing on panel two of the first page

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter of the demon general has been fired

this page in particular is a really great "know your place" scene

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

Think of a movie, now use that movie as the basis for a 'Summoned to a fantasy world' protagonist. I guarantee your first choice won't cover what I think is going to be a mediocre but still entertaining new isekai.

Do you have your choice locked in? Well Here you go

If your answer was either Sharknado or Sharktapus you win. Your prize is this manga and the low quality watermarked scans that feel oddly appropriate

Extremely stupid and kinda funny as a one-shot, and that's all I hope it stays as

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's already three chapters.
that's a mistake

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

Well they definitely have an "adventure"

Also still loving that the Goddess works part-time at the hunting goods' store.
I thought they were gonna bone in the boat.

and he is 100% going to get an american gun as an upgrade to his paltry inferior crippled-by-laws japanese gun eventually

as much as it itself has become a cliche and basis of multiple series, I do love the incompetent/broken society of gods trope in isekai.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that is a hell of an awkward pose, like what the hell is she even doing there

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eminence In Shadow updated.

an anime is in production, and more than anything I want to see this chapter animated. the entire chapter from start to end is amazing. The fight in the second half of the chapter is perfectly stupid, and I am shocked that I am still outright laughing at the MC's gimmick even now. the author nails it every time, and it's such a good gimmick.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Seraphic Neoman posted:

The entire loving country of Japan gets isekai'd. it's a manga where JSDF STRONK but it's not as goddamned awful as GATE:
https://mangadex.org/title/ef473f14-8c4d-435e-9015-b714512e69eb/nihonkoku-shoukan
lol, I'm sure it gets terrible in ways eventually, but this is funny enough

also, medieval-looking country with wyvern squadrons that have old-timey radio transmissions, sure, I like that angle for a fantasy country

edit: ah, chapter 4, that's a :yikeseroo: with the rape and torture and pillaging

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 11, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Seraphic Neoman posted:

The entire loving country of Japan gets isekai'd. it's a manga where JSDF STRONK but it's not as goddamned awful as GATE:
https://mangadex.org/title/ef473f14-8c4d-435e-9015-b714512e69eb/nihonkoku-shoukan
yeah I read further into this and it's just loving dire, shouldn't have even bothered linking it, it's that devoid of character or entertainment value in any form

There's basically no characters whatsoever that I can remember, every villain introduced dies within a chapter or two, not a single jsdf soldier dies or is shown to be more than momentarily inconvenienced even when ambushed, and there's not a single instance of the ramifications of the entire country of Japan going to a new world on the actual people of japan. There's maybe 3 named Japanese dudes in the 18 or so chapters I read, the rest are essentially faceless mooks

I stopped around the time it introduced a totally-not-fantasy-world-japan country and the remarks of the Japanese ambassadors were almost literally "wow, gaze upon this proud, noble warrior race, they harken back to our own japan's perfect unblemished ancestors, look at their glorious culture, here is a 1000-times folded katana as a gift(which is also remarked on as the perfect weapon lol)"

I might concede it's better than gate, but that is by no means high praise or means it is worth recommending to others

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is it still on hiatus

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah its pretty good. The central deal that the MC not only isnt strong, hes weaker than practically anyone in the world is an interesting one. It lets the rest of the characters actually be characters with agency. The story is still a little simple in that the plot always finds the cast rather than the opposite but theres a decent amount of intrigue.

Tl;dr its the better version of The Realist Hero.
yeah, I feel like he's a bit too diabolically calculating, but it leads to interesting story beats so I'll allow it

One of my more anticipated isekai series as of late. The main cast is mostly great and the humor is solid too. The fighting is brutal and ridiculous, as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But it's cool violence tho

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Two new chapters of Faraway Paladin dropped.

https://mangadex.org/title/1f40b922-6abb-418e-a7e9-cc4d25b21439/saihate-no-paladin

First one is a massive exposition dump, and a really, really good one of those at that. God I love the character writing in this series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not surprised, with how intense that exposition chapter was :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel like I remember people recommending a series about a skeleton warrior, possibly adventuring, possibly more laid back, but I do recall there being one people were consistently excited about with a skeleton as the mc or one of the mcs. Any ideas?

It's not Skeleton knight in another world, is it? Because I've been reading some of that and...there's no substance to it. It's pure isekai oatmeal with an extra helping of gratuitous violence(sexual or otherwise) every time they want to depict someone as The Bad Guy. Every conflict is handled immediately without effort by the mc or his overpowered companions, no struggle at all. And the exposition dumps are particularly dumb, there was one real weird one where two characters in an aside away from the main characters first acknowledged they both knew of [thing] and then proceeded to explain to each other, who both already knew about [thing], the history of said thing for the benefit of nobody but the reader. It's just a below average isekai. So hopefully that's not the one that I heard good things about.