Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

khy posted:

I Googled for isekai house and found this one which I think is the one that people are talking about

ore no ie ga maryoku spot datta ken

I read it but it's boring. The protagonist doesn't do anything.

Hey I posted a late reply to you in the other isekai thread with a potential recommendation you were asking for if you haven't already checked it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Goddammit I thought the fantasy toilet thing was a joke made up by this thread but I guess I should have learned by now

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The Bible is an isekai; Jesus' homeworld is heaven, he introduces foreign concepts such as peace and love, and he has a huge male harem that he goes around recruiting. He's also got several OP isekai powers.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is an isekai and I even named my character Maine because it kinda fits, but I can't make her look as close to Maine as I could in the first game, even with unlocked hairstyles...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I'm visiting London in November. That's an isekai.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

In the upcoming update to the new Monster Hunter World expansion, Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield are getting isekaied from Resident Evil into MHW

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

HONK!? I Am Very Angry Because I Was Reincarnated Into This Small Village As A Lowly Goose!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Someone brought this up in another thread but maybe you can help find it, do you know of a particular Russian isekai (time travel really) about I think a train engineer who introduces trains to Russia a few hundred years early?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

The problem with isekai is that majority of isekai that I’ve read would have been a lot better if they weren’t isekai. You don’t need the codified stats and the power fantasy removing all sense of challenge when you have an interesting world and plot!

Counterpoint: I think you could breathe new life into LOTR (and other older works of fiction) by simply adding a preface where Frodo tells the reader that he just realized that he had the memories of a modern Japanese teenager. No other changes in the text are required.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just automatically skip anything whose title includes words like "invincible", "peerless", "level 9999", or anything similar. "Ascendance" is only acceptable because of Bookworm

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Clarste posted:

The serious answer is that they're all copying it from the same stock background library.

I've noticed that a lot of villainess manhwa does what I like to call asset-driven worldbuilding, where (I forget the title but this is an actual one I've read, not a funny made-up example) they've clearly been isekaied to some kind of analogue to medieval Europe, but for some reason the nighttime festivals are Korean festivals, and if they want to go to another province they inexplicably are able to ride a modern bullet train.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I don't know how far that adaptation gets but I stopped reading the WN when he invents the secret police. There was also this other terrible bit where noncombat witches are discriminated against by combat witches, and he tells them, to their skepticism, that even noncombat witches can hold their own against combat witches. I was interested in this because I thought it would involve showing them how they can use their weird powers creatively but it turned out his solution was to give them guns.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

ah yes, we happen to have cocoa beans in this world, but nobody has done anything with them yet, conveniently enough!

That's the believable part. The unbelievable part was that she just told the chef to figure it out offscreen, and he did in a relatively short time and the story just jumped to her having completed chocolate products. Making chocolate from raw beans is not trivial even if you know every step of the process, let alone if you were tasked to just discover it without any clues!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

There should be an isekai where someone gets a power like "Super Omega Hyper Beam" or something like the Instant Death one, and they're looked down on by other isekai protagonists because it's not secretly OP like Appraisal or Basic Heal, and instead it's just regular OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

This video is not available where I am, what is it