Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Yeah, I didn't wanna post too much detail directly below the final episode of the story.

This game needs at least three times as much epilogue as it got. Okubo and Sugiura having a long-needed talk is nice, but what about (Hamura) visiting Matsugane's grave? Visiting Shintani's? Or what ends up happening to Kido after his testimony?
They could still have the cat sequence to lighten the mood after the heavy fallout stuff.

Come to think about it, we're Waku's eyes missing? I don't remember being mentioned his eyes had turned weirdly blue, which would have at least made the reveal less out of nowhere.

E: Of course this ends up a page snipe. :negative: Final story episode on the last page.

Geemer fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
It never said if Waku’s eyes were missing. We can presume natural scavengers got to the body Okubo dumped before it was found, so it probably wasn’t in great condition.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Somewhere, there are raccoons and crows with glowy blue eyes, terrorizing Japan...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hey, so I'm sure you folks have noticed that the forums are currently on fire; and for good reason. I have no intention to continue to support a community where the keys are held by an awful, awful person, but I also don't want to leave the viewers of this thread out in the dark, especially since we're more or less done with the main story. I'll continue to post updates here until we're truly done with the LPs, but after that, if things haven't changed, whatever we do next will not be here on SA.

If you wish to completely disengage with SA in general and want to keep up with this LP community, you may want to join the LP Discord Channel. You can also follow us on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube if you want to keep up with anything we're up to in general, be it LP updates or other projects.

Whatever happens, its been a fun ride, thanks for sticking with us this far, and believe women.

ChaosArgate:
Twitter
YouTube

Jobbo_Fett:
Twitter
YouTube

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

As mentioned before, this LP will continue here on SA because we're close enough to the end, but I have moved the thread over to the new LP Beach, a new forum spun up by members of the SA LP community. You can find the new Judgment LP thread here.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
This was a fun case, though the pace was off a little. And how did he survive that fall uninjured? Ah, whatever.

I also just realized- Yagami is against the ADDC's unregulated and dangerous drug practices, but he supports the weird extract salesman at the Dragon Palace? Not the only instance of blatant hypocrisy in the game either. I guess the extracts haven't killed anybody of which we know?

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 26, 2020

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
And then in a weird twist of fate Deguchi would in fact go on to be the number one tuna fisher in the world.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm sure he'll make a big splash on the tuna fishing scene!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
From a name meaning website-

"What Does Name "Deguchi" Mean?
You are strong in material matters, determined and stubborn. You have good business ability. You are a good worker, steady and practical, a builder who takes responsibility well. These qualities may bring you a position of authority and power. You are a doer, down-to-earth, serious-minded, reliable, and self-disciplined; have good power of concentration. You have an eventful, exciting life. You are versatile and have the ability to learn easily.

Creative and outgoing, you are always looking for an opportunity to show your abilities, especially before audience. You are very flexible and likes to feel appreciated. You are looking for chances to mix with others socially and to communicate his ideas. You like to talk and can easily relate to different cultures and concepts. The biggest challenge for you is uncertainty. Easily getting bored, you can move from one job to another, switch projects and lovers. The high creative force can lead you either to happiness or unhappiness. If you understand your goals, if you can make major decisions in life and follow it directly and straight up without worry and uncertainty, you are able to achieve great heights."

This sounds like the character from the game whom the recent quests have revolved around, doesn't it? Or at least his over-inflated idea of himself. Fun quests.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jobbo does a pretty good Vince impression.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

paragon1 posted:

Jobbo does a pretty good Vince impression.

GARRY STRYDOM WOOOOOOOOOW!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Infidelity Investigations are nice bookends for the side case lineup at Genda Law. I also liked Yagami's conflict with the other detective. Too bad he was a pushover in the fight.

The harassment investigation is a weird case. On one end, it shows Yagami not wanting to do things he has no issue with in the main story. On another, it has a take on harassment I really don't want to see happen IRL- even less than harassment the way it usually goes. People are people, I guess. Ugh.

And the uniform is from Don Quixote.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Oh Jobbo...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What did I do, I don't remember anything anymore after our bender

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Another Easter egg if you get arrested enough times in this game- there's a detective who questions Yagami about the fights he gets into. Eventually the two become friends and the detective even invites Yagami to his daughter's wedding. Saw this on another LP, so my memory is hazy, but I think that's what happens. No, there's not another Friendship quest behind it, and it's not required for game completion, but it is yet another funny side story in a Yakuza series game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

why did they hide so much behind that mechanic

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I agree with you about Amane’s dating storyline, Chaos. She’s nice to look at, but her relationship take is full of manipulating and cliches. That, and as we’ll see in upcoming videos, disappointment.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Like I said, disappointing. We can’t make her wear that dress more than once. Also, Amane can’t point out a bull calamity. It’s too obvious what skeptics might interpret it as.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Like I said, disappointing. Some jerk has a magnificent cow tattoo? Show, don’t tell. And have us fight him. Why not, game? Why not?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I was totally hoping we got into a fight because the dude didn't listen when Amane tried to explain she got her powers back. And then Yagami tossed the cash he was 'bribed' with on the guy saying something like "no hard feelings".

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a heads up, NVidia RTX mucked up my audio for the back half of this episode and I think just the next one, so my voice is going to sound kinda screwy for these episodes and I don't want to make Jobbo sit through and redo an hour of the dating stuff, so the videos will be presented as-is. Everything should be back to normal for the third and last Tsukino video though.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Tsukino is probably the least messy of Yagami's potential relationships, and the best written, so it's a good one to show off last.

I remember my reaction to first playing it through- "Great, with this girl's luck, her arranged marriage is probably to some Christian Grey wannabe."

I am glad to have been wrong.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Again, please bear with me for this last episode with hosed up audio, courtesy of RTX doing weird poo poo.

Also, I started a new LP yesterday! It's Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch!

LP Beach Thread
SA Thread

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
And so ends the most satisfying of the date arcs. Ryan vs. Ryuzenji… that would have been more awesome. What we got was ok, I guess. Better than the resolution for Nanami or Aname, anyway. Making him go down in one punch would not have been satisfying- they did that already with Kido and it's a one-per-game joke. I do like at the end Ryuzenji seems like an ok match for Tsukino for when her and Yagami eventually do break up.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Yagami Power Rangers are missing Blue, Green, and Pink. Ugh. At least Mafuyu could be White if she'd show up. :( I need to get that color ensemble with some people now. I have the colors to pull off any member in my closet, now I just need at least 4 more people close to me and able to do the same.

You can't toss people in the sewer during the Honda or Koga fight in this mission. I tried. :(

I too wish they had Ryo & Cane Man interact some in the game. As it is, whenever I see Ryo, I can't help but think of that one Family Guy bit where Peter declares that "Meg has no twin sister and was recently released from the sanitarium."

I wish the Keihin Gang were done after completing this mission too. Oh well, there's another easy solution to the problem- stop playing the drat game. LOL

Didn't know about the hangout victory lap. Thanks for showing it off.

Looking forward to the next update of this LP.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And that's it for this LP! Thanks for sticking around with us for this long, its been a fun ride and we'll see you for the next one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Thank you for the excellent LP.