Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jerry Seinfeld isn't funny and hasn't been funny in years.

I just opened Netflix and got an ad for the new season of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee". Jerry rattles off a list of other shows with a similar format (person interviewing other person, but not in chairs), and claims that he obviously invented the format and that these other knockoffs need to get it right. gently caress off Jerry.

I've rarely seen an instance of him being interviewed where he doesn't treat it like a chore. He can't resist talking about nebulous groups of others who "aren't funny". He's an incredibly wealthy financier who still wears sneakers with his suits for some reason.

The CICGC episode with John Mulaney is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched. I'd rather have a man's wet ponytail accidentally touch my lips than re-watch it.

Look at these two rich assholes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
He probably committed statutory rape in the 90s

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il1sgQUtYs8

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

JK Fresco posted:

He probably committed statutory rape in the 90s

Did anyone currently over 40 not?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I've never watched an episode, but does it involve comedians talking about what makes comedy?

There is nothing I hate more than comedians trying to plumb the depths of comedy philosophy.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
sometimes it's p funny

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

was hoping this was an open invite based on thread title. What's the deal with that?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It was funny before it went to Netflix, then it wasn’t funny anymore

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtPKDHdS5bM

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
and what's the deal with statutory rape?

I mean I looked around the bedroom last night...andIdidn'tseeanystatues!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Hey everyone, I'm the guy who made Bee Movie and all those famous for being awful 'What's the DEAL with' jokes, and I'm gonna tell you how funny works.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
What do rich people do besides laugh at the poor? There's no motivation for anything after that, I imagine.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

gently caress is this poo poo

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

there's an episode where Zach Galifinakis complains about people talking to him and recognising him and Jerry basically tell him to shut up and stop being a little bitch about how lucky he is, which was funny

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

dudeness posted:

I've never watched an episode, but does it involve comedians talking about what makes comedy?

There is nothing I hate more than comedians trying to plumb the depths of comedy philosophy.

Not exactly, like its pretty organic in terms of what is discussed. Naturally he interviews comedians and used to be one so the conversation gravitates towards that. Its really just the fact that half of the show is a detestable person.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

it's pretty funny how he has a diehard brand loyalty to the nike shox sneaker line

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Hey everyone, I'm the guy who made Bee Movie and all those famous for being awful 'What's the DEAL with' jokes, and I'm gonna tell you how funny works.

Look at this fool who thinks Jerry Seinfeld actually used what's the deal jokes. Bro, have you not read TV tropes? Come the freak on, my guy, educate yourself.

naked umlaut
Aug 3, 2005
My parents rode in an elevator with him in Vegas once a long time ago. They said he was a douche. Enough for me to agree with OP!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Look at this fool who thinks Jerry Seinfeld actually used what's the deal jokes. Bro, have you not read TV tropes? Come the freak on, my guy, educate yourself.

But did he really make Bee Movie, and, if he did, how can he even live with himself?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Devils Affricate posted:

Did anyone currently over 40 not?

Yes. Just not the ones in Hollywood.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

What do rich people do besides laugh at the poor? There's no motivation for anything after that, I imagine.

It seems they commit a lot of sex crimes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they deserved to end the show with them in jail

all boomers should be in jail

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seinfeld is to video as Family Circus is to print.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

The_Continental posted:

Its really just the fact that half of the show is a detestable person.

If math class taught me anything it's that two negative equal a positive. The solution is to only interview other pedophiles.

First guest, Jeffrey Jones!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Tony Snark posted:

Seinfeld is to video as Family Circus is to print.

Rerun weekly and one of the first things seen by people who refer to the media it's on?

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

jerry seems pretty ok to me maybe you're just a piece of poo poo moron, OP

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

Rerun weekly and one of the first things seen by people who refer to the media it's on?

Was never funny Pinky.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

seinfeld is a hilarious show, george rules, goons are always wrong

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Yes gently caress this Jerry. He is a vedy vedy bad man.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I've said it in multiple previous threads, he's a loving rear end in a top hat, made Bill Maher look like a nice reasonable person on his cars show, dated a 16/17 year old when he was like 40

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I really did watch Bee Movie. All the way through. It's one of the worst things I ever saw. It's not just that it's not funny. It's not just that the bee wants to gently caress the human. That's why the first half of the movie is bad, but that half is just conventionally bad. It would be one of those 'so bad it's funny' movies if that was everything.

But after the trial, it completely breaks down. It's just dream logic at that point, things are happening and they are trying to do something, but there's no reason why it should be happening or why what they're trying should work. They're not even making jokes, it's like the script turns into word salad but every fifth word is 'bees'.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The show "Seinfeld" was funny, but it ended over 20 years ago.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Curb is way better than Seinfeld anyways

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
According to all known laws of filmmaking, there is no way that Bee Movie could be produced. Its plot is too nonsensical to entice the audience. Jerry Seinfeld, of course, makes the movie anyways. Because Jerry Seinfeld doesn't care what humans think is impossible.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah, Jay Leno sucks.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Jerry may tell jokes, but he is no comedian.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Jerry Seinfeld played a bee who hosed a human woman. That was p weird

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jerry as never funny. thats why his guy had at HBO show after

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Jerry is a loser!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU