Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Rory Stewart did this in Afghanistan and wrote a book about it. Hard loving core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The_Continental posted:

Rory Stewart did this in Afghanistan and wrote a book about it. Hard loving core.

you'd think it would lessen his hatred of poor people

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Burt Sexual posted:

My state has a bike ride that 15k people ride which is longer and hotter than this. And probably drink as much.

ok cool

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

that's a beautiful video and thank you.

It does make me laugh, though. "I'm just..roughing this..unimaginable terrain..here.." *fords river obviously sculpted by 2000 years of human habitation, walks across golf course, open woods with no branches, has no gloves on the whole time* "..fuckin HELL that's BRUTAL"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Wait can we talk about how this man's YouTube channel is just him being very good at geoguessr? There's a market for that? People find that entertaining?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How much of a straight line are we talking about here?
What if the line runs through a house, does he have to carve his way through?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Spaced God posted:

Wait can we talk about how this man's YouTube channel is just him being very good at geoguessr? There's a market for that? People find that entertaining?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_buk_YaV4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
ok im watching it and laughing at the "woods" after the first village. Like 2 minutes in. They're like little baby parks at most.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Milo and POTUS posted:

ok im watching it and laughing at the "woods" after the first village. Like 2 minutes in. They're like little baby parks at most.

you can drive cardiff to colwyn bay in 4 hours I dont know what kind of pristine wilderness you're expecting

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've got, 5, maybe 6 scratches.. *looks at soft, pristine hands*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Its a really, really pretty country though.

And I'm having a ton of fun finding the way on gearth

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just watched this the other day, definitely gonna be following the saga. I love how the dude is treating this like it's a sneaking mission and getting caught or even seen means death by way of welshman.

And then he gets seen and caught like three times in the first day.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CJacobs posted:

Just watched this the other day, definitely gonna be following the saga. I love how the dude is treating this like it's a sneaking mission and getting caught or even seen means death by way of welshman.

And then he gets seen and caught like three times in the first day.

im down to discuss it later there's a few places i can't find

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

im pretty sure you americans have national parks bigger than the UK so please be nice to us on our little island

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well I mean these are like big yard acreage at most. I'm not really knocking it. I'd do it in a heartbeat

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How much of a straight line are we talking about here?
What if the line runs through a house, does he have to carve his way through?

He deviates from it pretty much the very first obstacle he encounters (a river.)

Still entertaining though and I've subscribed to his channel.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime
He travels about 2 feet in a straight line and almost gets hit by a car after jumping over his hotel wall too...

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I love how he in constant stealthmode from terrifying friendly farmers and their tiny dogs
E: I had a war on two fronts - a VW on one side and a bicycle on the other :downs:

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 25, 2019

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Big Beef City posted:

that's a beautiful video and thank you.

It does make me laugh, though. "I'm just..roughing this..unimaginable terrain..here.." *fords river obviously sculpted by 2000 years of human habitation, walks across golf course, open woods with no branches, has no gloves on the whole time* "..fuckin HELL that's BRUTAL"

Also he' s very afraid of seeing people because he might have to talk to them.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

hemale in pain posted:

im pretty sure you americans have national parks bigger than the UK so please be nice to us on our little island

i guess WHALE let it slide this time

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Dr. Stab posted:

Also he' s very afraid of seeing people because he might have to talk to them.

To be fair British farmers have a nasty habit of shooting first, asking questions later.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the link, OP. I’ve become invested in his quest and random friendly tiny dog encounters.

I want to buy him a pair of gloves so bad though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've always liked the british countryside because I love soggy foggy farmland

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Part 2 is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuRgrhJemQM

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:woop:

Lol “section of death”

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Oh dear, it's let in water" is like some kind of horrible plot twist. :negative:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
WHY DIDN'T HE TAKE GLOVES

this guy is a lunatic, I love him.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So when he's about to cross the lake he mentions that he's doing this for charity (one of his friends was a victim of knife crime, senselessly murdered on his way home from the pub one night) and has actually linked to the charities donation page in the pinned comment underneath the video. Is it against forum rules to post that link here, too? Knowing how generous goons have been in the past we could really make a decent contribution.

quote:

This one was dedicated to my old mate Jim who was senselessly murdered whilst walking home from the pub 2 years ago. A charity has been founded in his name, and they do superb behind the scenes work to try and tackle the disease that is knife crime and gang culture in the UK. If you'd like to chuck them a quid then here's the link to do so. It would mean the world to his family..

https://www.jamesbrindleyfoundation.co.uk/donate

EDIT - If this isn't okay then i'll remove it. If it's okay then maybe OP could put it in the first post of this thread too?

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 29, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I doubt it is against the rules.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

check this part out, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7w986ni7_g&t=766s

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I remember him trying to survive solely on raisins (I think?)

Lol at your redtext
Proud of you
:buddy:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

So when he's about to cross the lake he mentions that he's doing this for charity (one of his friends was a victim of knife crime, senselessly murdered on his way home from the pub one night) and has actually linked to the charities donation page in the pinned comment underneath the video. Is it against forum rules to post that link here, too? Knowing how generous goons have been in the past we could really make a decent contribution.

EDIT - If this isn't okay then i'll remove it. If it's okay then maybe OP could put it in the first post of this thread too?

Done. If it's a problem the mods can remove it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

oi a chav nicked me friend's life

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Carbon dioxide posted:

Done. If it's a problem the mods can remove it.

Really, how bad can a fundraiser go?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

guestimate posted:

Lol at your redtext
Proud of you
:buddy:

❤️

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
This is pretty great, something about the total lack of preparedness, being scared of everything and basically just walking through people's backyards just somehow elevates it from stupid to art.

If you would like more in the genre of funny English guys going on ridiculous unprepared adventures, I would recommend Brave Dave's freight hop in which he crosses Canada by train hopping. He is at least slightly more competent then this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUg0jFO7NTo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Butcher posted:

This is pretty great, something about the total lack of preparedness, being scared of everything and basically just walking through people's backyards just somehow elevates it from stupid to art.

If you would like more in the genre of funny English guys going on ridiculous unprepared adventures, I would recommend Brave Dave's freight hop in which he crosses Canada by train hopping. He is at least slightly more competent then this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUg0jFO7NTo

A dude died two,days ago around here jumping a train.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you use a trampoline, jumping a train is much easier

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Burt Sexual posted:

A dude died two,days ago around here jumping a train.

I read this and thought you meant Brave Dave died i was about to lose it.

IIRC that video series (specifically the part where he almost gets caught by the trainyard guards) got him banned from the US and Canada for some years, and he only learned that in Canadian customs after flying there. He does really cool videos about hiking in Wales, and he does paid tours and from what i understand is a very cool guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This has been way more entertaining than I expected. Watching the dude fast walk out of breath across a field, then army roll over a hedgerow and sneak past houses is hilarious.