Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This is awesome, I'm glad I checked it out. I was thinking "eh, tiny country, how much could he get up to" but I feel like he had a more exciting time leaving his room at the start than that one goon who decided to push a Walmart cart across the continental US into a state park a few miles away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I'm waiting for this guy to smash through somebody's back window and then exit the front door a few seconds later to stay on the line

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

he needs a grappling hook to scale houses that are in his way or it's cheating :colbert:

Also he picked like..the thinnest part of a small country. 33 miles is like...a day's march if you push hard. not that i'm in peak physical shape or anything, but geez, i walk a few miles a day just from the walk to and from work, and all the incidental walking at work. i do realize that most countries would make it very hard to keep to the "Straight line" aspect, but really, 33 miles is sorta nothing if you think about it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Main > General Bullshit > Walking STRAIGHT across Wales:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Aishlinn posted:

he needs a grappling hook to scale houses that are in his way or it's cheating :colbert:

Also he picked like..the thinnest part of a small country. 33 miles is like...a day's march if you push hard. not that i'm in peak physical shape or anything, but geez, i walk a few miles a day just from the walk to and from work, and all the incidental walking at work. i do realize that most countries would make it very hard to keep to the "Straight line" aspect, but really, 33 miles is sorta nothing if you think about it.

this might be the lamest internet tough guy boast of all time

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
a lovely breakfast in wales is suddenly thrown into disarray as a disheveled man in full camo does a tuck and dive roll through the kitchen sink window. dogs bark, children wail as the father rattles off interrogative expletives while sprinting for his scatter gun.

in a panic the man, who only days before questioned his sanity while deliberately crossing & then almost going into shock and drowning in a smallish sheep pond, can be heard apologizing profusely as he kicks down the front door and exfiltrates.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

OMGVBFLOL posted:

this might be the lamest internet tough guy boast of all time

i mean he even says it himself in the first episode. 33 miles itself isn't a terribly long hike. if he was just walking like...a straight path down a road, that's way less than a day's walk. Yes, the obstacles in the way will slow him down a bit, but again, 33 miles is not a lot. The state i'm in is 160 miles top to bottom. texas is 660 miles across. i'm not sure what you're trying to say there.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Has anyone pointed out he was a loving twat not to have have a pair of gloves? Seriously.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The funny thing is that for one small part in the second video you do see him wearing gloves.

He has them, he just chooses not to wear them.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

within the first few minutes of the first video he deviates from his line

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Aishlinn posted:

i mean he even says it himself in the first episode. 33 miles itself isn't a terribly long hike. if he was just walking like...a straight path down a road, that's way less than a day's walk. Yes, the obstacles in the way will slow him down a bit, but again, 33 miles is not a lot. The state i'm in is 160 miles top to bottom. texas is 660 miles across. i'm not sure what you're trying to say there.

I will PayPal you $1000 if you hike 33 miles in one day with gps proof and a check in video every 10 miles.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

I will PayPal you $1000 if you hike 33 miles in one day with gps proof and a check in video every 10 miles.

1000 dollars for 15 consecutive hours of walking I mean poo poo at least up it to 20 don't give me time to take nice rests and poo poo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
At a dece 66 dollars an hour too. Get on it goons.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Aishlinn posted:

The point is not the distance, it's the obstacles in the way. In the first day he covers about 3 miles.

It makes a huge difference whether you are following a track or you are forced to go through every bit of bramble, hedge, marshland or whatever in the way. He didn't pick the route to make the job easy.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 30, 2019

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

A 33 mile hike is actually quite far.

e: probably at least 2 days of hiking

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 30, 2019

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Salt Fish posted:

If I can wait till winter and pick the nice flat route, I'll take that bet. Wouldn't be my first time walking down the highway for 15 hours.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
No its just that one poster and the offer ends September 11th 2019 (never forget).

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

A 33 mile hike is actually quite far.

e: probably at least 2 days of hiking

I'm from the Netherlands and there's an event here where every year, about 40000 people walk up to 50 km (31 miles) a day for 4 days in a row. TBF the walking event is all on mostly flat roads. Just saying that without obstacles it's certainly doable in a day, if you're trained.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

within the first few minutes of the first video he deviates from his line

He also very nearly gets run over by a Ford Fiesta.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Aishlinn posted:

He recorded this last year, during one of the worst winters this country has seen in many years, and he has to clamber over/under hedgerows nearly every 100ft. Hedgerows which, I should point out, are about 5ft tall, half a metre wide and full of sharp, spiky things. No doubt he edits the video because you can't just vault these things, they're a bastard to get over (no poo poo, they're designed to keep animals in/humans out.)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The worst winter wales has ever seen? So it almost went below zero once?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dell_Zincht posted:

He recorded this last year, during one of the worst winters this country has seen in many years, and he has to clamber over/under hedgerows nearly every 100ft. Hedgerows which, I should point out, are about 5ft tall, half a metre wide and full of sharp, spiky things. No doubt he edits the video because you can't just vault these things, they're a bastard to get over (no poo poo, they're designed to keep animals in/humans out.)

LOL. Worst winter and there wasn't even any snow.

Oh Lordy be it's so brutally chilly.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

e: ahh gently caress this dumb hiking discussion.

this guy is funny and i mean this in the nicest way possible but i hope he gets attacked by a farmer

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 30, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where is that hosed up bridge? I think I found it but I'm not sure

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Outrail posted:

LOL. Worst winter and there wasn't even any snow.

Oh Lordy be it's so brutally chilly.

K you try jumping into a lake in the middle of winter with just shorts on, see how far you can walk afterwards.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dell_Zincht posted:

K you try jumping into a lake in the middle of winter with just shorts on, see how far you can walk afterwards.

Sure that sucks but it's cold, not a 'oh my loving God winter!'

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I felt pretty bad when he realized his dry bag was no longer a dry bag.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I felt pretty bad when he realized his dry bag was no longer a dry bag.

That was my favourite bit. That'll teach him to buy sub-standard gear.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Outrail posted:

That was my favourite bit. That'll teach him to buy sub-standard gear.

The Osprey stuff I've owned has always been decent. He might just of overpacked it and not rolled the top up enough or he's scrapped a hole in it at some point.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

The Osprey stuff I've owned has always been decent. He might just of overpacked it and not rolled the top up enough or he's scrapped a hole in it at some point.

He's crawling through hedgerows and barbed wire with it on his back. He's not the brightest.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
He's bloody good at Geoguessr, me and my partner had a great time playing it last night after watching him have a go on it.

When is the next episode out.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Every Monday is when an episode comes out. Which I guess is smart because I'm craving some more idiot hiking

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This guy is totally 12 year old me and my friends, heading off on secret army missions across the farmland surrounding where we lived. Doing dumb-rear end rolls over hedges instead of using the stiles, and hiding from farmers who didn't give a gently caress about us crossing their land.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Aishlinn posted:

This guy has never been on a hike.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
33 miles (52km) a day with a pack is a long hike in anyone but an extremely hardcore hikers view.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Outrail posted:

33 miles (52km) a day with a pack is a long hike in anyone but an extremely hardcore hikers view.

not superstar hiker goon aishlin tho

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The Endurance section of the SAS selection process is a 40 mile one-day walk across Wales and has an incredibly high failure rate, even though everyone who enters it is an experienced soldier. I've hiked round the Welsh mountains before on several occasions and would consider 10 miles to be solid progress for a day.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I love how he constantly tries to make everything seem epic and dangerous.

"I'll be home dry once I make it across this bog <points camera at a puddle on the side of the road>"

He's going to poo poo himself if he makes it into the mountains and has to cross an actual upland peat bog with the ground undulating beneath his feet, but I fear he's going to bleed out from a barbed wire accident long before then.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I mean, he's pretty clearly joking a lot of the time, and intentionally not doing the most sane options along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Salt Fish posted:

Can I get in on this?