Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Problem description: Kids stepped on wife's laptop. (Asus F556) Screen substantially cracked. Replaced LCD, in out no sweat, screen looks funny.

Attempted fixes: Nothing. Thinking about taking the bezel off again and reseating the connector but that thing was a real bitch to get back on.

Recent changes: Just the part swap

Operating system: Windows 10 Home, i think

System specs:ASUS F556UA-AB54

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

So, there's how it looks with the new screen. I don't have a picture of the before, but it was like that with lots of cracks in it.

It was a b156HTno3.8 screen that i took out and ordered another from Amazon. Now that I've installed the new one and closed it back up I realize I didn't double check the part # and upon checking my box they didn't send an invoice or BoL along with it.

Here's what I ordered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU