Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Found this video of what happens when Kiryu dodges all the bullets in the final training session. If anyone's interested... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVW69HJfyQ

I managed to do it by the way. On, like, the fifth try. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What a weird subplot. How do you even move an entire mushroom growing operation to another country with a completely different climate?

And I also can't believe how hard you got owned by that vending machine.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer posted:

How do you even move an entire mushroom growing operation to another country with a completely different climate?

Veeery carefully. Alternately, Kitajima convinced his new subordinate's mafia connections to build a bunch of greenhouses or something so he can grow all the mushrooms he could ever want, whenever he wants.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Umbrella chronicles

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the bar in Shellac plays the melody to Bakamitai which is a nice touch

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'd say even just three of these trainings is too much. There's no way to spice these up and they desperately try by making you figure out how to get the boxes broken without hitting them over the mannequin's head, but that's just adding tedium to already tedious "challenges".

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
And you do have to pay for them over and over if you fail. I found that out during my play. Truly dismal training- the badass lady you spar against in Yakuza 4 is way cooler.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The "grab a sword in your teeth" heat action Majima has is my favorite move in the game.

And yeah, Jim Carrey is awesome in Sonic.

"That the best you got?"

"No, but thanks for asking."

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
:stare:

Well that escalated quickly.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I wouldn't call sinking escalating ;)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Man, these cabaret club battles sure are a thing, huh? I know being stuck running a cabaret was Majima's punishment, but it seems cruel to punish the player (and by extension, viewers of this LP) along with him. Almost halfway! :shepicide:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Cabaret management and battles are the second best minigame in the series.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
I actually really enjoyed the cabaret club minigame way more than most of the other minigames in the series.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The cabaret stuff is in a weird place because it is a joy to play yourself and its suuuuper easy to just get in the zone with cabaret management, but its also really hard to commentate over past the first club, so I feel like it ends up making for poor LP content.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

The cabaret stuff is in a weird place because it is a joy to play yourself and its suuuuper easy to just get in the zone with cabaret management, but its also really hard to commentate over past the first club, so I feel like it ends up making for poor LP content.

*glares*

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I too enjoyed the cabaret storyline overall, though the plot more than the minigames. I suck at pool, both in games and IRL. Dancing I'm good at IRL, but I'm not good at rhythm games.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You should oil your computer chair or something Jobbo, it squeaks louder than the game. ;)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What kind of customers is club Mercury supposed to have anyway?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Probably stuck up hipsters who easily get fleeced and are dumb enough to enjoy it. I’ve worked the club industry and that is a big niche market.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thesaya posted:

You should oil your computer chair or something Jobbo, it squeaks louder than the game. ;)

Never!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, that's a thing that happened. Goddamn.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

That crotch shot cracks me up every time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We have some Karaoke today so check out the Cut version if you want to hear the song without the game SFX!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I was gonna say, "Dang, Chaos is close to a billion yen!" and then the game just gives you 10 billion... but then the ending of that video happens and it's damned glorious :allears:

Totally worth it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Soon

Very, very soon.

We'll get to hear the first canonical utterance of that magical name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012