Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The way to actually deal with Tatsu's gun training dummies (Which no one does because you can power through it) is to use a crate as a guard. Since you can move while guarding with a crate, and the bullets will damage them. You grab a big one, get close and just wail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

paragon1 posted:

Man, a role where you can't act like a complete loving lunatic really is an ingenious punishment for Majima.

We're a bit off from loving lunatic Majima. Consider this game a story of "How Majima became unhinged"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I also have many opinions about Majima. He is very much the opposite of Kiryu in many respects but it's worth talking about once we've hit the end of the game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Doc M posted:

I'm catching up on the earlier episodes, and apparently Sega has fixed the arcade games on the PC version at some point? They always played fine, but at launch they looked horribly blurry due to a forced bilinear upscaling filter that wasn't on the PS4 version.

edit: oh hey, you picked the correct music for OutRun! Also, on the modern re-releases you can put the difficulty on Very Easy (which was also the case on the Genesis port) and never have to worry about running out of time unless you smash your face into every big rig on the road.

Did they fix autofire to actually be autofire and not slowly pressing the trigger? Because I have near broken my fingers in Space Harrier.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, I mentioned way earlier in this thread that there's interesting parallels between Majima and Kiryu that you can't really go into until the game is almost over. But nows about where we can, and it's Motivation.

Majima wants only one thing at the start of the game, he wants to be back in the Yakuza, he claims he'll do anything to achieve that, but when confronted with the reality, he finds he can't, as he tries to make decisions for himself and find actualization, at each turn he finds himself betrayed not just literally, but emotionally. By this point in the story, he doesn't give a gently caress about the Yakzua anymore, he doesn't care about anything but Makoto, but even those feelings were a ploy from Shimano to manipulate the both of them. The physical torture he suffered in the Pit doesn't even compare to the fact that now his emotions are being toyed with.

Kiryu, in contrast, is only reaffirmed and strengthened by the hardships he faces. Being betrayed by the Yakuza and Oda, Nishiki confronting him, even his failure to save Tachibana. It's not that it doesn't affect him, but it fuels his desire to seek the truth and destroy evil, a darkly humorous position for someone who wants to be a Yakuza. He very much represents a stoic kind of hero that was more popular in the 70's and 80's in Japan, a Kenshiro or a Jotaro. A figure who doesn't lack for personality and care, but for whom the evil of the world cannot crush or break. It doesn't matter if he's been wounded and betrayed, or if he's been threatened. From telling Kuze that he will bury the Tojo clan himself, to his unwavering trust in Tachibana and Nishiki, Kiryu's won't stop being who he is.

At the end of the day, Majima basically has the only thing he wanted, and it's destroyed him, to the point that it can never make him happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

As we can see, in the end, Majima got everything he wanted at the start of the story, and by the end of it, he doesn't want it anymore, the price was in fact, too high for him to pay. He was played a puppet by all involved, in the end, he isn't even allowed to kill Dojima and achieve the pleasure of revenge. Kiryu however, is back to where he was, he had an 'out' to the yakuza business, got to live on both the side of the devils and the angels and in the end, he's going to forge his own path through everything.

This game is amazing.