Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've only ever seen Kroll as a guest in other things I've seen like What We Do in the Shadows or Community, and he just seems to try and pull focus in any scene he's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
None of the faces say ‘my cheeks are full of cotton wool’.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I did think it was weird at first that she was called Stormfront, like, they know there's another thing called stormfront, right? And then it all became clear.

It's a perfect dogwhistle with plausible deniability.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's bad that so many of you are unaware of a massive white supremacist group. None of this is making you look any better.

You're being needlessly antagonistic right now, you know that? Yes, they're very bad, but being angry at people for not knowing about something isn't great either.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

If Wolfenstein has taught me anything, it's that nazis like sticking heads/remains onto mech bodies.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

gently caress you, that’s Rafe Spall.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tangentially, I really like the meeting between Mr Edgar and Butcher. It’s such a wonderfully acted scene. The little mask slip of Edgar’s “Of course it does.” is masterful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqq6UGG_vpg

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Like, if you’ve ever in your life complained about My Little Pony fans or Rick & Morty fans or Star Wars fans as being toxic or weird… I assure you Supernatural is weirder and worse

I went to a Transformers convention in Chicago at this huge hotel by O’Hare where they had other conventions on at the same time including a couple of business ones, and a Supernatural one. I’ve never seen so much flannel on one place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Rosemont?

Hyatt Regency

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Don’t discount another wave of nostalgia in 15-20 years and a reunion series à la X Files.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

itry posted:

and the dark horse that is (Jensen) Dean's secret bastard unkowingly following in his dad's footsteps.

Half human, half angel!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I had no clue Wesley wasn’t actually English, and I’m actually English.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From Teefury a few days ago. I can't imagine getting this on a t-shirt and wearing it out and about, but the artwork is fun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I never got the bit about them starring in their own movies, which are about them. I get that supes are a completely marketed product, but it feels very redundant, when you could do gags about who’s playing who.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

June 3rd, apparently!

https://twitter.com/theboystv/status/1479490351102636035

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Just see Fox News last week in ecstatic glee that AOC had covid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Now I just want to larp.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The suicide squad movie was pretty great, and the peacemaker series is basically more of the same. Cena has a surprising range.

Is this Gunn's actual gift? Pulling really good actors out of ex-wrestlers? I honestly hope we see more of the Cenaissance.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Interesting that one appears to straight up be the comic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Do you think they'll ever do Tek Knight? He's been namechecked a few times.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh my god, the Pepsi can protest bit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thought the new guardians of justice show might be like the boys, but nope. Weird as gently caress. DDP as the Batman style guy is inspired casting though.

I watched one ep and it’s a weird one. Like, Watchmen but not quite.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

…was that Tek Knight? :mildpanic:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

I think Netflix is also realizing that the strategy of "release everything on the same day" makes it too easy for people to pause their subscription for 11 months, wait for 2-3 shows they enjoy to come out, binge them over a 30 day period, then pause again. That's still entirely doable but you miss out on the real-time conversations about the show itself.

Also, there’s an issue where their shows fall off the radar incredibly quickly because they all drop at once. There’s no ongoing word of mouth to drum up excitement.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oof, I hope they’re not killing off Ryan. That would be… very dark.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Going back I thought everyone/the general public assumed Stormfront was dead. Did the world know Vought was keeping her alive somewhere in the tower? Reporting her suicide writ big like that felt weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The A in A-Train stands for rear end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The trumpian administration thing is so unsubtle it’s leaving a horrible taste in my mouth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SNW and Lower Decks are both really good and worth your time.

I’m still waiting for Homelander to just go ‘gently caress it’ and wipe like Minnesota or some small island nation off the map.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m still waiting for them to pull out that BN does have a specific power too, rather than just being a male Kimiko.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Looking forward to The Boys Season 4: Brightburn.

Also this was great:

https://twitter.com/satansmessage/status/1545544077206102016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Frenchie was part of a bisexual throuple for a while, and is therefore best character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s just the tired trope of ‘super homophobic people are actually really into it’, and while it still comes up in real life a fair bit, it’s such a lovely bit for fiction.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Season 2 was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. The World’s Most Depressing Bar, for instance.

Season 1 is one of favourite TV things ever. The tinge of the supernatural, Louisiana as a stunning backdrop, McConaughey and Harrellson acting their hearts out. God, it’s so good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw Robocop when I was about 9-10, and the toxic waste melting that guy bothered me more than Murphy’s death. Also the ED-209s scared me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A Serbian Film is very much about family. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

The John Wick movies are so weird to me because it puts top-tier production values, pacing, fight choreography, etc. all in the service of a script for a crappy small-budget 80s-to-early-90s action flick like the ones RiffTrax riff on fairly frequently. The script just totally has that air of "I didn't do my research and don't care to because this is THE story my heart has been burning to tell for my entire life: the tale of a badass society of super-assassins, and the most badass one of all, the one who the Russian mob call 'Baba Yaga' because he is like the boogeyman. That's what that means, right? They both start with 'B'! Ah, never mind, it's an obscure folk tale anyway, I doubt anyone will notice and it would just get in the way of My Story"

Not saying they're bad, but they definitely show what some of those labor-of-love movies could potentially have been with the right backing.

The Wick movies only make sense to me if I think of them as video games. There’s no ‘real’ people in the world, only Wick, the PC, various NPCs he interacts with, enemies/cannon fodder, and then background not even vaguely real people.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Incoming meteor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Teek posted:

https://deadline.com/2023/11/the-boys-mexico-spinoff-amazon-gareth-dunnet-alcocer-diego-luna-gael-garcia-bernal-1235640996/#comments

Another spin-off in the works. Diego Luna and Gael García Bernal being involved is kind of wild to me.

V Tu Mama Tambien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Speculation: Clone Homelander/Noir is kept secret until Homelander becomes too much of a problem, so they kill the clone (to show to the world he's dead), and real Homelander goes into hiding/witness protection. Final show of the show is Homelander with dyed hair and a beard, sitting in a regular house hating every second of it.