Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Space Friend posted:

So I'm the better part of a decade + one pandemic time soup apart from my early transition days, but o man oh geez did every interaction Jordan had with their parents ping some old memories. The scramble to hide any trace of girl clothes or makeup when the parents are banging at the door, feeling required to present male to mollify your parents, the "I'm still the same person / the son you wanted never existed" speech. When Jordan's dad quotes someone calling them an "outstanding young man (sic)", masc Jordan gives this wince that I recognized immediately. I lived that wince for every family event over a two year time frame.

I was curious how they were going to dive into Jordan's personality when they repeatedly called them bi-gender in the first two episodes. They obviously ratchet up other people's confusion about them, but as you said, Jordan has a firm grip on who they are.

To me, it's a blunt, inelegant beat-for-beat trans girl story, but I mean it's The Boys / Gen V so it's kind of not sticking out for being as subtle as an air raid siren. They might go deeper with their self identity, they might not. Either way, I really like the character.

Oh yeah, like, I'm trans too, and my read is pretty much the same, that Jordan is solidly in the camp that they hit the lottery. The only problem is that they feel the expectation to present masculine still so despite being bigender, there's some pain to it, clearly. It's like when you're transitioning and you reject anything from the gender you were assigned at birth, but later you caaaaaarefully start to approach it again because you're more confident in your identity, your image, and your sense of self.

So I wouldn't be surprised if like, ten years down the line, Jordan presents masc a bit more, even if they still favor femme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cpt_Obvious posted:

As evil as butcher, given they had the same ends and were both willing to use any means possible.

I would say less evil. Butcher is not, at least at this point, a kid-killer. Shetty had made her peace with killing a lot of children with that disease.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Panfilo posted:

Was the snakes for tongue girl Neumann's daughter?

My guess is that it's Blood/Head Exploding Powers => Leech Girl with the daughter.