Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I think the bit that sells me on Homelander is the weird facial things the actor is doing, it really brings home the idea that hes a total psycho.

He did that all the way through Banshee, he was my draft pick for Frank Castle for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frenchie is the best character by far.

Episode 6 That guy who hugs Billy Zane is great

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

exmarx posted:

what is with karl urban's accent

Nothing. It's pretty drat good. Sounds like my best mate.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you google the guy who plays Black Noir, he's a Trinidadian /Canadian dude and google lists his instagram as the this wack white boy https://www.instagram.com/nathanmitchell_/?hl=es-la

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

exmarx posted:

i'm 5 episodes in and the religion stuff seems VERY 2000s

it's slipping all over the place

Doesn't matter, it's not a a biopic.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

Antony Starr just gave a monster of a performance on this show, holy poo poo.

He's got an epic stare, one of the best in the biz

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PostNouveau posted:

Ah what are you doing that's so important you gotta maximize your entertainment time just watch it you ain't doing nothing else anyway you know it

Anime doesn't watch it's self.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabulousity posted:

I'm not sure they were "updated" at all: The show would've worked fine anywhere in post 9/11 'Murika. The only thing MAGA allows is for Homelander's cartoonish evilness to get some extra suspension of disbelief.

Vought is just Fox News, some defense contractors, way too many people with MBAs, and the NFL all rolled into a general evil entity. The poo poo the megachurch is up to is literally the poo poo real life megachurches in America have been up to since the 1980s.

add in Johnson & Johnson somewhere and you hit the nail square on the head.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Chris Pine should be a little worried. Start could be slotted into pretty much any role of his, including Kirk.

Hey hey, let's not saying anything we can't take back. Chris Pine deserves your drat respect.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

If she was cheating, regardless of how guilty she felt, she would’ve taken the time to straighten herself out before she stepped into a public space. Becca running out like that means the only thing on her mind was getting out of there as fast as possible without raising any alarm.

also she'd(apparently) been hosed by a god for 3 hours.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

drunkill posted:

Just makes me want Dredd 2 though with Karl Urban.

This is the only comment on the whole thread worth quoting.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dawgstar posted:

If they do the G-Men, I really hope they skip G-Style because yikes.

You think they'll skip doing Flamer?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 30, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spuckuk posted:

Karl Urban accent is so bad I was convinced he was just using his natural kiwi one.

Show is much improved from the comics, they kept what was interesting and remade it into something really new. Frenchie and Kimiko are great,the casting is great, accents aside.

There are a LOT of similarities with a cockney accent and the Australian/ Kiwi accent, it wouldn't be hard to slip.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jul 30, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spuckuk posted:

As a native Brit, there's quite a big gulf there. I blame Dick van Dyke for making people think antipodean accents == cockney

I'm a native brit and my ex's family are all old school cockneys. I've also lived in Australia for 20 odd years. Linguists and voice coaches have videos on it dude. It's a thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bananaquiter posted:

So I the comic can Homelander not just see through the mask?

Shut up, that's why.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I already liked the poo poo out of Anthony Starr but goddamn if he didn't show his loving chops here.

Playing twins on NZ TV was some of his best work.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

Coming out after Endgame was absolutely perfect for people like me who grew sick of this poo poo beyond the GotG movies

That's not me, i'm watching Endgame as we speak

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

Reddit apparently hates it and I'm guessing it's the superhero obsessed types who can't handle it.

Truthfully, it just makes me like it more.

The sub for the show seems to be almost universally positive. Comic forums on reddit are a dumpster fire

Aya Cash is joining season 2 btw.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

endgame evaporated from my memory the second i walked out the theater. i can't imagine people actually get hype for that poo poo.

2.791 billion USD, someone enjoyed it

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Yeah why would people keep going back if they were lovely films.

Why the gently caress does it always have to be "THIS IS BETTER THAN THIS" over this poo poo. It's okay to enjoy the MCU and the Boys.

You don't get AVClub street cred by liking things.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Archyduchess posted:

What the gently caress is this supposed to mean?

It's not edgelord grade.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mat Cauthon posted:

Is it a .50 cal that she gets hit with? It seems like rubber bullets or some other kind of non-lethal round.

Why would you fire rubber bullets at someone who's bullet proof.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Romes128 posted:

Doubt it since A-Train got his leg snapped in half and Black Nior got pretty messed up. Not everyone's durability seems to be up there with Homelander.

That was both The Female, who's a supe too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phenotype posted:

How do you test to see if someone's bulletproof?

https://youtu.be/xjs1249HBh4?t=23

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

It's been a while since I read it but I think her power was just light projection, no force-blast component and nothing about converting electricity to power it, though she could also fly.

I also liked that the very first thing we saw Homelander do was a classic Superman-esque melt-the-gun trick, establishing the precision and control over his heat vision that he then proceeds to virtually never exercise again for the rest of the season. Because he's the loving Homelander and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants, especially when the cameras aren't rolling.

that special forces guys face after he merks that dude running away is awesome.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GD_American posted:

I really think Ennis is like D&D or prog rock. It's ok to have that phase, and you're probably a better person for it. But grow up and move the gently caress on.

I know you aren't talking about Pink Floyd, because them would be fighting words.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arthil posted:

I think it's more that you just sound like an old(?) man yelling at the clouds with something like the D&D comment.

I'll allow it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunatic Sledge posted:

does it complicate this discussion any if I point out Frenchie is played by an Israeli actor

And he doesn't speak french.... pitchforks here... get them while they're hot.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chairman Capone posted:

Frenchie mentioning he was from Marseille made me think he was supposed to be of North African heritage.

The beautiful thing about France is nobody looks french

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GD_American posted:

Also jesus christ that summary pretty much kills any chance of ever wanting to ever read that guy again. What dreck

Sometimes you still gotta go to work with a hangover.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bust Rodd posted:

The only part Taken got wrong is that white american women are only getting taken from poor neighborhoods in Atlanta and Miami, not in Europe

Who the gently caress wants to film in Atlanta or Miami?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kubrick did it to Singing in the Rain in Clockwork Orange

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you search couch chat, there's probably about 9000 pages on it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hakkesshu posted:

Ian McShane is really good, had no idea he was English for years.

Idris Elba is up there with the good ones. Tom Holland is pretty drat good too

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

All British, aussie and new Zealander accents are literally the same. You just replace all vowel sounds with "oy" and also use oy as a word at least once per sentence. Plus call everyone mate, and oval office

Anyone claiming differences between the three (or extra lol, claiming that there are MULTIPLE British accents) is a dork that reviews swords on YouTube

(Irish, or "Scottish" as it is often known, is 99% the same but has a little more whimsy)

If you threw Yorkshire, west country, Scouse, Lancashire, cockney, Irish, Scottish and Welsh in a blender for 150 years, add BBC TV and 40 degree weather and stir, you get Australian

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That some anime thing?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

Casting news! Goran Visnjic and Claudia Doumit, stars of Eric Kripke’s last show Timeless, are set to recur in Season 2.

Visnjic appears to be playing a new character, while Doumit is running another genderbent take on one of Ennis’ original cast members—but of course, if that finale demonstrated anything, it’s that all bets are off as far as what that means.

The beefcake guy who plays Joint Boy on Letterkenny is playing Gunpowder too

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yes yes yes!

Is that a character original to the show?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

What was up with that bug flying around everyone? Is it some super small super hero spying on them?

I think they said it was just there during production because of where they were.