Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

christmas boots posted:

People keep praising Antony Starr for his work on this show and for good reason, but even though his character is on the exact opposite end of the complexity scale I think Chace Crawford is doing a great job with the Deep. I loved that moment in the bar when he's watching the hearing on tv.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Open Source Idiom posted:

The Deep's scenes are pretty repetitive. I don't get why he's still hanging around.

It’s fun just watching him not catch a break with every opportunity that comes his way,he’s a jinxed idiot.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Feral Integral posted:

Just finished binging the whole show and holy poo poo season 1 ruled and season 2 was pretty much a ball of predictable, rehashed stupid poo poo like the one dimensional marketing duo. Character arcs were either unchanged or entirely predictable. Still entertaining but no longer surprising at all. No more good performances by the actors, either

Still impressed that James Deen has acting chops like this tho

Please tell me more (i’m being genuine,i would like to know)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

christmas boots posted:

So did you have your tv turned off during all of Black Noir’s scenes or what?

he was really good,especially him being asleep during the seven meeting.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, Kripke made sure to include Jessica Chou's name in the image he took, so he was giving her proper credit. I wouldn't focus on that being an issue.

On a different note, I have no idea what they're talking about in that image, I never read the comic, so I guess I'm in for a wild ride.

It’s the edgiest part of “edgy turbo boogers eww girls have cooties” comic written by “Ed.g.hardcore”.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Collateral posted:

He did something similar in Preacher with Jesus de Sade (I think thats his name) with extra coprophagia and some other stuff I can't remember.

yeah jesus de sade mentioned loving a zebra (i think) and then it was strongly implied he hosed kids.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ptkfvk posted:

i wonder if theyre going to treat next season kind of like the beginning of the comic book. they kind of have all of the pieces in the same places. there was a big confrontation with the boys that caused the first break up. then butcher eventually is back with the cia going after the other bad supes. give us a season with more monster of the week episodes.

That’s what i was thinking,i understand why the writers have only let kimiko have powers but i would like to see the rest throw some superpowered punches as well.

I want to see the butcher warehouse scene where the other supes are terrified of him.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 23, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Literally no mention of following the rules in those comments except for one i left.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Agreed.

loving stupid posters “let’s give hollywood the benefit of the doubt after,harvey weinstein,metoo,stuntmen getting killed all the time,john landis,and finally corona deaths worldwide”.

Yeah i’m sure nothing bad will happen at all by being lax with standards.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Head in a jar-front.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The comic final fight between homelander was my most favourite part of the entire sordid affair.

But the show can’t pull that off because it hinges on a lame twist,if they could make up or switch a character for the big bust up that could work.

I just want to see rictus grinned shambling corpse homelander that poo poo was horrifying.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Quick post cause i want to avoid spoilers,rewatching from the beginning(upto s2e4)

This show is SO loving good,stellar performances from everyone,hilarious background gags,great effects.

The fake chris hansen billy butcher segment with the exaggerated impersonation

The Deep stealing every scene

Transluscent sight gags like the floating skull cap and the invisible baby suit

Literally every homelander scene

Butcher trying to explain The Matrix

“You take the blue pill or was it the red one? Either way you take one and you quit bein’ a cahnt”.

Can’t wait to get into s3.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 5, 2022

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The boys season 2: you played my butt like jazz

The boys season 3: you used my dick like a gwar concert

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah he was too busy jizzing over the big boom boom gun to care.

Woops talking about gunpowder there.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I’m surprised they haven’t given hughie a big ol’ thumb up the bum yet,although like most of the comic stuff it amounted to zilch.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Homelander’s deffo going to get Deeps wife and A-train’s brother horribly killed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I was thinking more homelander has so much poo poo on vought and vice versa that it’s a stalemate

Vought turns on homelander,homelander goes full apocalypse (and let’s be honest he can’t fight the whole world)

Homelander let’s the world know where voughts skeletons lay and the world believes him because he has the image (and again apocalypse scenario,neither vought nor homelander survive)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Sirotan posted:

I am absolutely enthralled by the amount of external media (I'm sure there is a word for this) that is being produced for The Boys. Earlier this morning I read that they filmed several extended sequences for a fake in-world movie from the 80's starring Soldier Boy, and the Vought twitter account just dropped this:

https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1534901817917718529

I loving love this guy,legend.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Deffo not you know who’s body at the end,way too convenient to be missing a face.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

What exactly is drummers boy power? Has he even done anything yet except dance?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

I could have done without the scene of Ashley and her underling. Too close to the comics tone of "absolutely everyone is a sex obsessed maniac"

Lol the comic is worse by a country mile,snorting queen maeves vaginal mucus anyone?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

I was worried when Little Nina showed up, but so far she is horny, not outrageously horny

as soon as i saw the dildo cabinet i was like "how is this going to get back to nina somehow? she was a dumb part of the comic anyway they did right using her in name only really.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Shima Honnou posted:

The way everything was set up I felt that Butcher puking directly into Hughie's mouth accidentally gave him powers that he's only just discovering, instead of stealing a shot.

Same but if it’s only temporary V and so much time has passed since gunpowder…..

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

That A-train ad made my stomach clench lol

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

seaborgium posted:

That's pretty much it, yeah. That was a big thing in a previous season, that parents would let Vought inject their kids in the hopes they got a gravy train out of it. It doesn't always work out.

And we spoiler stuff from the latest episode for 48 hours right? This is just from the latest episode so I'll do it to be sure.

Did Hughie teleport or just run real fast to save MM? He got super strength, but it seemed like he didn't get the same powers as Butcher which makes sense with how we've seen V work.

Yeah he teleported across the room.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I was thinking the lab chamber was going to be a head popping detonator like butcher used against the warehouse full of supes in comics russia.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Geckos dildo would just be his own chopped off dick.

I don’t even wanna know what stormfronts would be,but it would be an electrical hazard.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Really surprised honelander didn’t fill that v canister with bleach or some poo poo,heinous fucker.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I really enjoyed hughie being off his tits in the van at the end.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I thought it was like a “soldier boy will be on a tv screen for 7 seconds max so just have him make poo poo up” thing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Wheeee posted:

Stan is perfectly chill at all times because he’s secretly the most juiced up supe there is

“Wow he really did have motor oil for blood”

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

When we saw victoria neuman gently caress up Tony in the alley her power seemed a bit like sue reed making an invisible forcefield and she hosed up her aim which led to him losing his hand then his lower jaw (and finally his head)

So it’s not so much a straight head pop but a kind of “absence” of space (in a small radius) if she can’t aim properly(as it were) then she’ll just maim them,yeah she’d have no chance against Homelander.

Just thoughts.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Wheeee posted:

homelander standing before stan, in stan's home

begging him to come back

Homelanders hair is a mess,his cape has a big hole in it and he’s missing a shoe lol.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Her last words to frenchie “awh hee awh hee awh!”

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Comics frenchie and kimiko were the funny weirdos of the group,there was no romanticism between them,and the age difference helped as well.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

So if frenchie or mother’s milk got powers i suppose frenchie would make sense getting teleportation (A-train and hughie are constantly running away from their problems) or maybe mind reading if you look at him and kimiko.

Mothers milk has a lot of anger so i guess eye lasers make sense but there’s also the OCD and his family so maybe like a protective bubble thing?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Chemtrailologist posted:

Have we gotten any backstory or hints on what the deal is between MM and Soldier Boy?

Soldier boy killed MM’s family

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

In MM’s closet full of old newspaper clippings it was implied that supes back in the day were “cleaning up the streets”* no doubt because of mallory flooding the poor areas with drugs

So it seems MM’s family were caught in the crossfire.

*of black people

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Butcher kills MM because MM kills soldier boy before they can use him against Homelander,frenchie finds out and takes kimiko away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I liked them playing reverse strip poker in the comic.