Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
Finished the season this afternoon, that was an extremely good season finale. Stormfront deserved everything that happened to her in that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Martman posted:

Wouldn't be too surprised if a big company going "we're sorry... we're really sorry. so sorry" is enough to get them let off the hook to a ridiculous extent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HTd4Um1m4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Black Noir is..... black :thunk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Bust Rodd posted:

Where the gently caress is season 3!!!!!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't decide which seven inspired dildo I want.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Just finished watching episode 6. Holy poo poo this show is so good. This entire cast is incredible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Season Finale could have maybe been better, but I still loved it. This entire season was amazing and the best show i've watched on TV this year so far by a million miles. So hyped and excited for season 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
https://mobile.twitter.com/antonyshomie/status/1560351964772372482

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

OctaMurk posted:

Ryan's a supe and should die too

I don't know about that, but also I wouldn't have cared either. I can understand though why Butcher would protect Ryan. It felt realistic that in the moment Butcher was not thinking about the consequences, only protecting Ryan, and really whenever does Butcher think about anything at all? It also setup for a badass fight between Homelander and Maeve.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
I have enjoyed watching the Deep, and A-Train suffer for being garbage people, and neither of them seem to ever learn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
These in-universe videos have been incredible, but theres been no trailers yet for season 4?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

davidspackage posted:

Good, I'll wait. Rather that than "the actors ad-libbed all their stuff and the final episode was made entirely by DALL-E to get around the strike!"

Exactly, I can wait. The writers for this show deserve absolutely obscene amounts of money for this show.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

snoremac posted:

I went through this show over the last few days and loved Homelander and the media satire (some of those parodies are so funny and so authentically shot and edited). Deep's arc is very funny. By season 2 I was sick of the Hughie/Butcher crew and was skipping their scenes. Butcher is grating and I hate that Jack Sparrow thing the actor does where he leans his head forward and says something clever out the side of his mouth.

I came away from it thinking there's one very good and one very lame show in the one show.

I wouldn’t skip his scenes. His toxic personality is very important to the story. Butcher is a protagonist, but he isnt a good person, and is really just one side of the same coin to Homelander. The big difference with Butcher, that makes him an equally good character alongside Homelander, is that Butcher ends up regularly bettering other characters, especially Hughie. It’s just that he typically does it through being an absolute piece of poo poo.

it looks like Butcher will be gone from the show by the end of season 4 anyways based on where his story is going.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Open Source Idiom posted:

What makes you say that?

Abusing compound V, doctor at the end of the season gives him like 6 months left to live. But I can also see him not dying. I hope they don't go the route of curing him at the end after building up what could be an intense season waiting for his death. That would feel cheap.

Wheeee posted:

show, while still good, has declined in quality, especially season three

hoping four turns that around because i can see a future in which we all watching boys season six wishing it had just ended gracefully years earlier

Yeah, I would be completely okay with season 4 being the last season if it ends on a really strong note.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
How do you all feel about the show Invincible? I am going to start watching that soon, its on my list because its been described as being similar to the Boys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

HebrewMagic posted:

S4 is effectively on park until the strike ends, as mentioned by Kripke on Twitter I believe.

Totally okay that is the case! Everyone on the show deserves a massive amount of money for their work.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

This feels like it is missing the point of the Boys, but I still want to be hopeful that this show will be really good. I just really want the next season of the Boys already though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Xealot posted:

Why is the like 25th MK game called, "Mortal Kombat 1"?

Yeah this was a very bad idea for a title. I’ve seen nothing but confusion, it hasn’t landed well at all with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation

Mike N Eich posted:

Watched the trailer....I have super enjoyed the show but I am hoping we are getting to a resolution soon. At a certain point the show will feel like wheel spinning if they don't actually resolve the main conflict: The Boys vs. Homelander. He's too urgent and pressing a threat to have them not focus on completely. If it's stretched any further, its not gonna go well.

I am curious how the Gen V storyline is going to tie into the Boys and wrapping up the storyline. It feels like we got a hint of how the show is going to end.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's almost certainly going to get a 5th season as that's what the showrunner has said was how long he wanted to do it. I would be surprised if the Homelander vs The Boys conflict was resolved before the penultimate episode.

I can live with this, knowing the show will probably end with 5 seasons is good. Really love this show a lot, don't want to see it end on a bad note because the writers were trying to hard to string it out as long as possible for no reason.