Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Nestharken posted:

A-Train spoofing that awful Pepsi ad was telegraphed a mile away and I loved every second of it.
Between that and the piss tape reference and russian E! mocking Huggie for being a cuck, it was a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I thought that Frenchie was a bit of a joke because the dude is Algerian.
I know most Algerians live in Marseille according to most of the French far-right but he is probably just french-Algerian, either pied-noir descendant or the french-born son of worker migrants.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Robobot posted:

I thought they were implying he was actually Russian, but created the "Frenchie" persona once he stopped being a paid assassin for the Russian mob or whoever they are.
I believe that the russian mob boss lady was just using the russian form of Serge which is Sergei/Sergey. But yeah, there is no real confirmation either way.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Habibi posted:

Y'all, no. Hear me out. Homelander is Trump. And Soldier Boy...

• is a million years old
  • has outdated societal/cultural views but is willing to humor new shenanigans
  • loves the younger ladies
  • may generally mean well but often says dumb things
  • Is super unhappy with Russia
  • makes awkward media appearances
  • still doesn't realize the danger Homelander poses
  • has a tendency to blow up at people when emotional
  • is not the progressive hero we need

...is Joe Biden.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Joe Biden is unable to do that cool Solid Gold appearance, singing Blondie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2WDMgHxD0

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Doesn't Omniman go crawling back to her later after he's already impregnated hundreds of bug women at that point?
It's faaaaaaar funnier than that: he asks Mark to convince her to raise his half brother the fast-aging Oliver (aka Omniboy, because you know it's a brand you want to keep alive) and she agree to raise him because his mom, super fast aging alien, is dead because their lifespan is like a year or two. Wiith viltrumite blood he probably will only just live a few thousand years .

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 26, 2023

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The show is good, better than the trailer showed us. It's great it's character-driven even if there is the "forest" plot, at least they let the characters breathe.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The best description of Gen V i have seen so far is "A less weird Misfit with a lot more money set in the Boys universe".

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

The female gendered Jordan is the puncher tho, which complicates things.
From the video of the fight, not really: male Luke punches most of the time during the fight and female Luke uses some kind of ray power (that male Luke can't use). The main exception is when female Luke punches Sun Boy's flaming dick. I don't think we have seen her use her "ray power" before the fight so that's may why you think she is punching.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Jedit posted:

Whatever point you're trying to make would probably be made better if you weren't misnaming the character. Luke was Golden Boy. The person you probably think you're really cleverly deadnaming is Jordan Li.
Yes, my bad. I think my point is "we haven't been show Jordan's fighting abilities clearly outside a big messy fight and their abilities are based on the gender they express". The criticism on what power is liked to what gender is most likely valid, I just don't believe it was shown and explained very well in the show. Also, are we really using trans terminology with someone who still walks around as his original gender and still uses his birth name publicly in the show? Do you consider Jordan to actually be a trans character or are they more of a genderfluidity allegory? Edit: my bad, after reflection, I probably misread your last sentence. So let me make it clear:: TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS, and me not remembering the correct name of one TV Show character I watched last week isn't a super secret plan to hurt trans people.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 4, 2023

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Jedit posted:

E: thanks for your edited clarification. But Jesus Christ, man, take a little more care.
Yes, you know you can tell the online discourse is loving going really well when I need to make sure we aren't fighting over some insane chud terrible behavior, just because i have a terrible memory for names.
For reference, this is the name of the other characters of the show as I remember them:
Marie (because Bloody Mary would be a good super hero name, come on and because she is the MC)
Cricket (because it's a fun name for a not so fun power to activate)
Son of T2 (Sun boy) who I now know is named Luke
Number One Black Guy, son of Older hero whose statue's crotch area he destroyed
Blond Hypno Toad
The Metlted Kurgan (it was better to burn out than to fade away)

If it's not written, really easy to remember or repeated ad-nauseum, i won't loving care about 95% of the names. For reference, I incorrectly switched the names of two of my uncles many many times for over 5 years before realizing my mistake. I was never caugh. :banjo: Some sympathy for the people who can't loving remember names, please.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 4, 2023

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

bobjr posted:

Do we know what party kid’s superpower is?
I wish i was joking but : SLOW-AGING, he was actually 28.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

imprisoning and torturing supes to trying to find a way to kill them in The Boys universe is usually more indicative of being a protagonist lol
She is literally compared to Butcher by Butcher's boss.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

I don't really understand the end state of the season. I get burying the four "good guys" since they knew too much, but why did Vought prop up Cate and Sam, who were causing a murder rampage across their campus and definitely wouldn't keep quiet about the Woods? Is it implied that Homelander took their side and what he says goes?

Also lmao at Marie's big heroic moment of stabbing an escaped asylum patient in the back to save The Board of Trustees.
I may be wrong but I suspect they had several endings planned for the show depending on how likely the show was to continue or not. And since this show is obviously continuing as a plot parallel to the main show, they obviously bent the plot of the last few episodes to get more in line with the main show: Homelander showed up, did the cop thing and he blamed the minorities members for the violence, the pro "exterminate inferior people" group got a reward for murdering people, and the minority people who wanted to help the people in charge and protect the status quo got hosed over. Now I want to know the premise for season 2...

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Imagine if New Noir is comic Noir, lol.
If the twist is that public figure who just lost his trial and must go to jail aka the Homelander is a fresh clone and the Homelander we saw during the previous seasons is roleplaying/hiding as Noir to be the true hidden power behind his own throne, without having to go to jail for his crimes, it could work (at least better than the terrible "it's me, Austin, it was me all along" reveal of the comic), it's nowhere as bad. Still dumb as gently caress but it's kinda the kind of thing a man-child with colossal corporate resources like the Homelander would try if he could. Depend on how they characterize each character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

I'm not sure Homelander is physically capable of being silent or of secondary importance for even one moment
That's extremely true. Also the new Noir is probably going to hallucinate muppets instead of cartoons. Being a hero of Goldenkin U or whatever.

Outrail posted:

Sounds like something Santos/other dumb crime elemental Republican would do.
Don't spoil Santos next move please.