Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just binged through this show and I really enjoyed it. I liked that it was hard to tell if I was supposed to like a character or not and I didn't always know who the bad guys were. I really liked Stormfront's arc where she's just an edgy jerk, and then oh I guess she's a MAGA person, and then, oh, she's an actual bona fide nazi. I fully expected her to start talking in German at some point, I'm glad it happened when it did and not as soon as it popped up on the news. I did think it was weird at first that she was called Stormfront, like, they know there's another thing called stormfront, right? And then it all became clear.

Also, lol when I scrolled down to the reviews. "I really like the show but ONE STAR GARBAGE because I had to wait a week to watch an episode." Yeah dude, they want you to keep subscribing.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
We don't call things "gay" to be derogatory anymore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

The little V zipper icon is such a drat good touch. This show better win all the awards.

I love the little touches prop makers and costume designers put into things that will never be seen on camera.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He's just sitting inside the whale's guts, that would have to smell terrible.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
lol what the hell is that? If I found a guy in an underground bunker someone left to me, I'd immediately call the police and let them deal with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
lol at the Homelander chuds who formed a human wall though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I've been seeing ads for it for months if not a couple years now. Is there anything special about it? It seems like it is just water in a can. I get ice and water out of my fridge just fine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

can someone hurry up and cancel awkafina so nobody else can be subjected to her writing

They already tried to cancel her for cultural appropriation but it didn't stick.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Nowadays Netflix splits big shows into two releases to get at least two months of of people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Seems like a decent compromise. Release 3 episodes to build up hype and get people excited, then release weekly to keep people subscribed for more than a month.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Remember when people didn't understand that the name meant she was racist because they had never heard of the website.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just got done with the third episode, it's easy to forget how quickly this show hits you with random gore. Also, when I joked around saying that Homelander is probably doing sex stuff with a mutilated Stormfront, I didn't want it to actually happen.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 5, 2022

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So is butcher going through withdrawal or is that just the side effects of the drug? How is the military going to use that to fight wars when all their soldiers are throwing up the next several days? Though that would be a sight to see on the battlefield. Dudes shooting laser eyes and then throwing up as they run across the field, shrugging off bullets.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So is Homelander going to spend the rest of the season coming up with a specifically crafted thing he forces each supe to do for him that he knows they will hate? He's already forced Starlight into pretending to be in a relationship with him and forced Deep to eat Timothy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I assume she is suping up her daughter because Homelander is more likely to not kill random supes. Someone that crosses him? Yes. But he considers other supes to be a step above normal humans, so she is safer if Homelander goes on a killing spree.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Robobot posted:

Now that would be a twist. But also start getting into True Blood territory where every character becomes something special.

That would start getting incredibly lame if they went that route where everyone became a fairy, or a gnome, or a werepanther, or an orc or whatever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh poo poo, he's the man from mars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I assumed she can just explode things she sees. She just chooses to pop heads for effect.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to how people get powers beyond "whatever seems coolest for the plot". I was thinking that maybe it's a subconscious thing. Butcher hates Homelander, and he ends up getting Homelander's powers when he's dosed with temp V. But then I don't know why Hughie would get teleportation, unless he subconsciously desires to teleport away from things. Maybe it's just based on genetic traits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Butcher has experienced things that homelander hasn't and never can, so he would always have some humanity.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

oh jay posted:

Homelander is going to send a picture of herself sleeping. You know, just as a way of being like, "hey, not cool what you did plotting to betray me." Do little things like replace her dog with a slightly different dog, or, you know, change the furniture in her house so she thinks she's shrinking. You know, basic stuff, most of it he learned from Vought.

The whole point is to isolate her and make her feel like she's going insane. You know. Basically, just plant a seed, and then she just kinda hangs herself, so it's super nonviolent.

Hey Starlight, exclamation point. I just wanted to say I appreciate you for calling me out for being a quote violent rear end in a top hat end quote. I am sorry for all the poo poo I put you through over the past couple of weeks. Parentheses, yelling at you at work comma, offering to break into your boss' house, comma, take sleeping pictures of her, et cetera, et cetera. End parentheses, wincing emoji. There is no excuses for that B. period. S. exclamation point, exclamation point, exclamation point. Oh man, this looks nice, and it's 40% off. Anyway, I don't think I'm going to do super heroing anymore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Avasculous posted:

He did seem like the only halfway effective one in the fight, but he also almost blew up half the base in a prank.

Yeah, he's a soldier.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was crazy to see genuine fear on Homelander's face as he's on the brink of losing a fight. What a nutso episode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SpeakSlow posted:

Haha, Soldier Boy is John Wayne if he ever took V. To a "T".

Definitely. Also, soldier boy is so old, I wonder if he is able to get dementia. Maybe he really thinks he stormed Normandy after decades of saying it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

Apparently when Jensen was getting jacked as poo poo for the show Antony was just all "why don't you just ask them to put more muscle on the suit?"

Jensen said that when he was getting fitted for a costume, he asked them if they were going to add in muscles to his costume, and a lady said no, he was going to bring her some muscles when filming started.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DropsySufferer posted:

Even though it was a fake out this scene: https://youtu.be/78y0w8A4SNw&t=2m15s
shows pretty clearly that homelander could kill hundreds of people in a few seconds. He didn't use the beams on Meave I think he might have been holding back.

I assume he was holding back to try to convince her that it was pointless for her to fight him. Probably why he gouged out her eye. He could choose to kill her, but instead just maims her hoping she will just give up. He doesn't want supes to die because they are part of his master race.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1547959303872491520?t=brTchYekiVAGHI9Ki9t8PA&s=19

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pik_d posted:

This is apparently real?? And not some in-universe thing?? I thought it was gonna be some Vaught meme thing but its a real TV show and this is how they announce it?

It's listed on the first person's IMDB page.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3596959/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh boy, can't wait for comic readers to imagine a bunch of weirdo situations that aren't going to happen like they did with herogasm.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe we should leave out weird predictions based on comics after how creepy the herogasm predictions went

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Herogasm was mostly pretty tame compared to the comic. Which is fine. I have no desire to see Jack Quaid get molested.

Maybe we can use that as a lesson going forward and hopefully we won't get anymore "hurr durr do you think Homelander will rape Starlight in the episode where people are loving?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

This Spider-Jew is a MENACE!

J Jonah Jameson canceled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Of course he's the good guy, he's the main hero and he says what we're all thinking. He tells it like it is, he's going to run Vought like a business.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

2nd level spells posted:

I don't think Obergruppenführer Smith is being a Nazi for "the greater good", he sees it as the only way to keep his family safe in the new Nazi world. There's a little speech, by his wife maybe, been a minute, about how playing along with the Nazis started as simple survival in the early days of the occupation. John is still a complete bastard though so I guess motivation doesn't much matter.

He's definitely doing it for survival, not for any greater good he could do. There's a scene in the show of when the Nazis first take over, and he immediately abandons his Jewish friend being sent to his death so he can become part of the Nazi army and stay alive.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are you some sort of hollywood elitist.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What kind of hosed up word search is that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are you talking about the head?

Also, it seems like a thing in this universe that supes don't care about regular humans. You kind of have to be that way when your powers allow you to accidentally kill someone so easily as it so often happens in the shows. A bunch of the supes back story is "whoops, I accidentally killed my family member when my powers suddenly manifested." So almost killing someone won't even be on their radar.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, they should really provide her with some sort of stretchy costume or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I assume that just burning calories regulates her size. So she eats a normal amount of food to maintain her size, and she can eat more to get bigger, or eat less to get smaller. Purging just allows her to get small really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's crazy that so many people didn't see that Andre was only moving metal. I thought they were lampshading it pretty hard with him manipulating metal objects so much early in the season.