Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

:siren: Spoilers? The commentary and my posts in the thread will be made with the assumption that those reading have at least a basic grip of the manga series up to and including the Dressrosa Arc. :siren:

The third game in the Pirate Warriors series, Pirate Warriors 3 was released in 2015 for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Microsoft Windows, and in 2017 and 2018 for the Nintendo Switch. The series was developed by Omega Force and adapts the massively popular manga series One Piece by Eiichiro Oda about the quest of one Monkey D. Luffy as he hunts for the elusive One Piece and aims to be King of the Pirates. This series takes One Piece and mixes it with the Dynasty Warriors series, with entails massively overpowered main characters mowing down swaths of fragile enemies. This game in particular covers the series from the very beginning all the way until the end of Dressrosa. At the moment, it is the latest game in the Pirate Warriors series, though a fourth game was recently announced and is currently slated for a 2020 release. For this playthrough I will be playing the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

Technically a blind playthrough, as I have never played the game before, but when it comes to the story I know everything, having caught up to the latest chapter of the manga. It will be casual, with no intention of completing all the optional bits. I will also use it as a platform of discussion of the manga series itself as the playthrough goes on.

Yo ho ho, he took a bite of Gum-Gum!:
Part 1 - Romance Dawn
Part 2 - Buggy the Clown
Part 3 - Captain Kuro of the Thousand Plans
Part 4 - The Don's Offer
Part 5 - Arlong Park
Part 6 - The Legend Begins
Part 7 - Skull and Cherry Blossoms
Part 8 - Showdown at Alubarna
Part 9 - The 100 Million Beli Man
Part 10 - Adventure on Kami's Island
Part 11 - The City of Water, Water 7
Part 12 - Pirates vs. CP9
Part 13 - Fist of Love
Part 14 - Adventure on Ghost Island
Part 15 - Adventure on the Archipelago of Dancing Soap Bubbles
Part 16 - The Underwater Prison Impel Down
Part 17 - Summit Battle
Part 18 - The War's Conclusion
Part 19 - Island of New Beginnings
Part 20 - Adventure on Fish-Man Island
Part 21 - Punk Hazard
Part 22 - Dressrosa Trembles

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Reserved post, just in case.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just out of interest, have you never played a Warriors/Musou-style game before? Because, as a word of advice, if you make it a point to hunt down every enemy in an area, you're gonna get burned out and bored really quickly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't know anything about One Piece, but Musou games generally make defeating bases and gate captains prevent enemies from getting reinforcements in that area and allows you to get reinforcements if you have allies spawn there.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
If you are playing mainly for the story, boy you'll be disappointed. Story mode does not substantially diverge from the plot of the manga (except for one moment), but it really goes through it in a very shallow way. In fact, I doubt someone who is not already a One Piece fan would make much sense out of it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Just out of interest, have you never played a Warriors/Musou-style game before? Because, as a word of advice, if you make it a point to hunt down every enemy in an area, you're gonna get burned out and bored really quickly.
No, this is my very first. I'll make sure to avoid doing that in future videos, thanks.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I don't know anything about One Piece, but Musou games generally make defeating bases and gate captains prevent enemies from getting reinforcements in that area and allows you to get reinforcements if you have allies spawn there.
I'll also keep that in mind.

Angry Lobster posted:

If you are playing mainly for the story, boy you'll be disappointed. Story mode does not substantially diverge from the plot of the manga (except for one moment), but it really goes through it in a very shallow way. In fact, I doubt someone who is not already a One Piece fan would make much sense out of it.
I was a bit curious as to how they'll adapt it, but I've read through the manga so I'm mainly here for the gameplay. Either way I've been having fun with it so far.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Oh it's been forever since I played this. I want to say I completed all the Legend Diary but I don't remember

EDIT: Pop the game in and yes, I 100% completed the Legend Diary. Looking, I drat near maxed everything out. Still have a lot of crew levels to max out plus I never broke the level Limit with anyone but every character I have is Lv 50. It reminds me I want to go back and do more of Adventure mode of Hyrule Warriors DE

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 27, 2019

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
In Musou games, and keep in mind my experience is limited to Hyrule Warriors and Orochi 4, the goal is to beat up the little guys to bring up your magic gauges and then nuke the next crowd and/or officer (the big dots on the map) and rinse and repeat until you win. Hyrule Warriors uses base-capturing and defense more heavily and demands you avoid damage and play near perfectly, while Orochi 4 is more towards "kill all the officers however you can".

Generally, it's a good idea to play the map at least once and just beat the mission, and then go back and look for secret conditions (like all those chests and that girl in the warehouse). Your efficiency for clearing the stage will be given a rank, usually C through S. For this LP, you will probably not generally S-rank every stage unless you play them all multiple times and familiarize yourself with all the maps, but those skills come over time as you play and replay. It uses a few systems that you should probably learn, such as those coins, and the playable and support characters. You don't have to deal with equipment in this game, which is a shame, but you do get skills and stuff to unlock.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

mastersord posted:

In Musou games, and keep in mind my experience is limited to Hyrule Warriors and Orochi 4, the goal is to beat up the little guys to bring up your magic gauges and then nuke the next crowd and/or officer (the big dots on the map) and rinse and repeat until you win. Hyrule Warriors uses base-capturing and defense more heavily and demands you avoid damage and play near perfectly, while Orochi 4 is more towards "kill all the officers however you can".

Generally, it's a good idea to play the map at least once and just beat the mission, and then go back and look for secret conditions (like all those chests and that girl in the warehouse). Your efficiency for clearing the stage will be given a rank, usually C through S. For this LP, you will probably not generally S-rank every stage unless you play them all multiple times and familiarize yourself with all the maps, but those skills come over time as you play and replay. It uses a few systems that you should probably learn, such as those coins, and the playable and support characters. You don't have to deal with equipment in this game, which is a shame, but you do get skills and stuff to unlock.
It's kind of as I said in the OP and in the first video itself, but I don't plan to 100% the game, I simply wish to play through it casually. I mean maybe one day I'll go back and do these things, but not during this playthrough here. I do appreciate the advice, though.

Part 2 - Buggy the Clown

I'm legitimately sad that none of Buggy's generic circus-themed goons appeared in this level. I mean if you're going to have one or two generic pirate models for this stage anyone, might as well jester them up, you know? One thing I never really noticed in the last video, which I point out there, is how smoothly things go despite dozens and dozens of NPCs running around and fighting at once. I know it's a PS4 and all, but that hasn't stopped lag and the like in other games I've played on the system with a lot less going on. I did enjoy watching Buggy flail about with his detached parts, it really seems as chaotic as one would expect a fight with someone using the Chop-Chop fruit would be. I'm also going to just pretend Zoro used the flat of his blades during the fight, even though that really doesn't even matter in the end. Just me being a nitpicky nerd. I am hoping that a lot more combos get unlocked as things go, especially during Enies Lobby for Luffy. Watching enemies go flying all over never gets old, but a few of the moves did by the end of the level.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You're getting better! Generally, you kill the small fry to charge your gauges, and then bee-line to the officers (big dots) and unleash your big attacks. In this case, you understand the small gauge, but the big gauge on the side is where you use that combo attack (which I'm not sure how you fill).

Enemies are dropping all the money you're picking up. Some drops are auto-pick-up in these games.

Generally, you want to move from big red dot to big red dot. If you aren't sure what your goal is, go to the next big red dot and kill it. Don't conserve your gauge moves. Use them on the biggest crowds you can find so you refill them quicker and rack up a higher KO count. If you're standing still, you're losing potential KOs, so you want to keep moving.

With bases and territory, all you need to do is stand in the red area and beat stuff up until the enemy officers are gone and it turns blue.

Musou games are all about this fast-paced frantic mess. You're a siege tank with a massive wrecking ball in the middle of a million man battle and all you need to do is smash everything around you. It's the officers which do the actual damage that matters, so learn a bit on how to avoid some of their attacks by dodging, blocking, side-stepping, or even backing away.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheLoneStar posted:

I am hoping that a lot more combos get unlocked as things go, especially during Enies Lobby for Luffy. Watching enemies go flying all over never gets old, but a few of the moves did by the end of the level.

New moves are mostly unlocked via levelling up, but there are a few special powers unlocked via special coins- you can check if a character has any by scrolling down to the third page of their coin powerup screen. Luffy gets Second and Third Gear this way, for example. Note that the rare golden coins are infinite use, unlike the normal kind.

mastersord posted:

You're getting better! Generally, you kill the small fry to charge your gauges, and then bee-line to the officers (big dots) and unleash your big attacks. In this case, you understand the small gauge, but the big gauge on the side is where you use that combo attack (which I'm not sure how you fill).

Enemies are dropping all the money you're picking up. Some drops are auto-pick-up in these games.

The big gauge is filled the same way as the smaller one, it just takes longer. However, every few plot beats a character will enter hero mode, where the gauge fills much faster if they're selected as the support character, an extra level is added, and if it's filled all the way it triggers a special power like buffing allies, dropping random attacks across the battlefield, or creating temporary clones.

Enemies only drop money when defeated in the kizuna rush mode. You can also find money in golden chests. There's also a money bonus received after beating each level, there's a flat amount based on the level, then a bonus based on your ranking and difficulty. The controlled character also receives an EXP bonus as well.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

mastersord posted:

With bases and territory, all you need to do is stand in the red area and beat stuff up until the enemy officers are gone and it turns blue.

Musou games are all about this fast-paced frantic mess. You're a siege tank with a massive wrecking ball in the middle of a million man battle and all you need to do is smash everything around you. It's the officers which do the actual damage that matters, so learn a bit on how to avoid some of their attacks by dodging, blocking, side-stepping, or even backing away.

I tried this tactic out in this newest video, and it seemed to work out a lot better, so thanks for that tip.

poo poo, didn't even notice that's where the money came from.

I mean I get the territory thing now, but still not the bases. Those big wagon things in the middle of the map. Sometimes I see enemies come out of them, but I also see enemies spawn from thin air, so is it worth going after those or not?

I certainly noticed. The game seems like it doesn't even want to give me a second to think before just throwing another mission at me. It's disorienting as poo poo and gets almost frustrating at times.

kvx687 posted:

New moves are mostly unlocked via levelling up, but there are a few special powers unlocked via special coins- you can check if a character has any by scrolling down to the third page of their coin powerup screen. Luffy gets Second and Third Gear this way, for example. Note that the rare golden coins are infinite use, unlike the normal kind.

How do I get these coins? Are they automatic? I would think with how iconic and important Second and Third Gear are, it'd be impossible not to get them.

Part 3 - Captain Kuro of the Thousand Plans

Things definitely seem to be speeding up. It at least felt like this mission just buzzed on by quicker than the previous one. That countdown portion of things kind of freaked me out though. I thought that it was a bad one, like the mission would fail if I didn't accomplish something before it ran out. Usopp just standing in place made me think I ran into some kind of glitch and was kind of freaking out. The lack of fitting pirate designs is starting to bug me a bit. Like even if it's just two of the same designs copy/pasted all over each level that's fine, but none of these crews look like they did in One Piece at all. It also means, at least I fear, there will be very few mini-bosses like Alvida as things go on. Now I won't lose any sleep over not seeing Mohji, Cabaji, or the Meowban Brothers...but when we get to Alabasta and Dressrosa, not seeing any of the higher Baroque Works agents or the executives of the Donquixote Family would be a major bummer. Again, even if they're like Alvida, I'll take that much. As for this arc itself, Kuro is such a boring villain that not even Oda acknowledges him anymore, and despite being such a loving smartypants, his plan was pretty drat simple. He just faked being a butler for a few years until he got Kaya's trust and would then make her sign her possessions to him before he killed her. That's something someone like me could come up with. And as I talked about in the video, I am not a fan of Usopp at all. I get his shtick, but I just don't find him funny or really endearing outside of the few times he grows a pair, but those are too few and far between to get me to like him.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheLoneStar posted:

I mean I get the territory thing now, but still not the bases. Those big wagon things in the middle of the map. Sometimes I see enemies come out of them, but I also see enemies spawn from thin air, so is it worth going after those or not?

I certainly noticed. The game seems like it doesn't even want to give me a second to think before just throwing another mission at me. It's disorienting as poo poo and gets almost frustrating at times.

How do I get these coins? Are they automatic? I would think with how iconic and important Second and Third Gear are, it'd be impossible not to get them.

Bases are not very valuable. They spawn small amounts of units every so often but not in enough quantities to really make a difference, and captains automatically spawn units around them as well. They're mostly useful as a delaying tactic- captains who run into an enemy base tend to stick around until they capture it unless they're on a specific mission, which usually takes 2-3 minutes.

You can always pause and check the current missions to see what's happening and what objectives you need to hit. The countdown in this mission was how long Usopp needed to be left alone in order to set up his trap for Kuro, the next part of the mission wouldn't trigger until it went off.

Coins that can be used to unlock new powers are mostly gained by completing the relevant mission with the appropriate characters, though note that they won't always be playable in Legend Mode- for example, most of the Strawhats have coins that can be obtained by beating the CP9 mission as them, but you can't play as Usopp in that mission, so you have to play it in free mode instead. There's a list in the gallery if you go to the coins tab and switch to the rare coins section.

kvx687 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 4, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A sapper uses explosives to clear a path to just blow something up.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I'm guessing Beli Growth works like Training In Hyrule Warriors. You can only train a character up to the highest level any of your characters reached. For example, Luffy is lvl 5 and so is Zoro, but no one is higher than lvl 5, so you could pay to level Nami to lvl 5 but no higher until one of your characters actually levels up to a higher level which would increase the level limit. You use this to quickly get new characters up to a usable state in higher stages and as an alternative to grinding.

In your first or second video you may have noticed something called "free mode". This is where you replay story missions with any characters you have unlocked, including those that are not relevant to the story of that stage or chapter.

Dream Log is all your post-game content where you unlock all the skills and coins needed to max everyone's stats. You're expected to know how all the game's mechanics work at this point, and have some serious levels under your belt. Finish story mode or come back to it after a few more missions.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

kvx687 posted:

Bases are not very valuable. They spawn small amounts of units every so often but not in enough quantities to really make a difference, and captains automatically spawn units around them as well. They're mostly useful as a delaying tactic- captains who run into an enemy base tend to stick around until they capture it unless they're on a specific mission, which usually takes 2-3 minutes.

You can always pause and check the current missions to see what's happening and what objectives you need to hit. The countdown in this mission was how long Usopp needed to be left alone in order to set up his trap for Kuro, the next part of the mission wouldn't trigger until it went off.

Coins that can be used to unlock new powers are mostly gained by completing the relevant mission with the appropriate characters, though note that they won't always be playable in Legend Mode- for example, most of the Strawhats have coins that can be obtained by beating the CP9 mission as them, but you can't play as Usopp in that mission, so you have to play it in free mode instead. There's a list in the gallery if you go to the coins tab and switch to the rare coins section.
Good to know, I won't be wasting my time with those wooden bases anymore. Those shield-wielders were loving annoying anyway.

I guess I just really missed that part, but I'll keep that in mind. That countdown just seemed so ominous for some reason...

Sounds like a bit of a pain having to do Free Mode to unlock something like that, but I'll make sure to do it down the road, don't know if it'd be on-screen or not.

mastersord posted:

I'm guessing Beli Growth works like Training In Hyrule Warriors. You can only train a character up to the highest level any of your characters reached. For example, Luffy is lvl 5 and so is Zoro, but no one is higher than lvl 5, so you could pay to level Nami to lvl 5 but no higher until one of your characters actually levels up to a higher level which would increase the level limit. You use this to quickly get new characters up to a usable state in higher stages and as an alternative to grinding.

In your first or second video you may have noticed something called "free mode". This is where you replay story missions with any characters you have unlocked, including those that are not relevant to the story of that stage or chapter.

Dream Log is all your post-game content where you unlock all the skills and coins needed to max everyone's stats. You're expected to know how all the game's mechanics work at this point, and have some serious levels under your belt. Finish story mode or come back to it after a few more missions.
Seems like it could be just based on where you are in the main story, since in this video I raise the Beli Growth to Lvl. 8, but that's just a guess.

I'll probably go back and do some Free Mode stuff down the line, but will keep anything too uninteresting out of the videos themselves.

Is doing the Dream Log on screen worth it? I'll most likely just do it in my free time, but is it interesting enough for the playthrough?

Part 4 - The Don's Offer

gently caress Krieg and those stupid gates of his. I mean I get it, it's playing up his cheating and cowardly nature from the source material. I just think there could have been more interesting ways to do that. Maybe he pulls some sort of cheap weapon in the middle of his fist, like that spiked cape of his, that he'd use at random and attacks on it would hurt the player a bit as well. Anything better than just making me needlessly run to the same few areas over and over to catch up with the coward. I did like the inclusion of Mihawk (even if really defeating him means nothing story-wise since not having him would be weird) and even listing him as an "army" and getting his own color. I'll go back and fight him again in a future video once Zoro has leveled up more. A part of me wonders why the need to recreate certain scenes, like Sanji saying goodbye to Zeff and the other chefs. The game doesn't even touch on why the two are so close. If you read or watched the series of course you'd know, but then you wouldn't really need to see some of these story clips played out anyway. You'd just want to fight more drones of enemies. I dunno, maybe I'm just nitpicking and saying stupid poo poo. It happens.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

TheLoneStar posted:

Sounds like a bit of a pain having to do Free Mode to unlock something like that, but I'll make sure to do it down the road, don't know if it'd be on-screen or not.

Its not necessary if you just want to beat the campaign, but pretty much all of the unlocks in the game are gained by replaying levels (replaying them on hard, replaying them to get a better rank, replaying them to fulfill specific conditions, replaying them as different characters, etc.), so if you find that unfun I would stay away from it. Unfortunately, most of the content in the game is replaying campaign levels or the dream log (basically randomized levels), so a lot of the enjoyment after the 20ish hour campaign comes from just enjoying the gameplay for its own sake.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is it worth watching the filler in the anime or should I skip it?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Zakrelo posted:

Its not necessary if you just want to beat the campaign, but pretty much all of the unlocks in the game are gained by replaying levels (replaying them on hard, replaying them to get a better rank, replaying them to fulfill specific conditions, replaying them as different characters, etc.), so if you find that unfun I would stay away from it. Unfortunately, most of the content in the game is replaying campaign levels or the dream log (basically randomized levels), so a lot of the enjoyment after the 20ish hour campaign comes from just enjoying the gameplay for its own sake.

This, grinding is unfortunately necessary in this game. For example, a lot of characters, like Luffy, need a certain coin to level break, and to get that coin you need to play a lot in Dream Mode.

If you don't want to show all the grinding, maybe showing only the highlights/best moments should be enough.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

TheLoneStar posted:

Is doing the Dream Log on screen worth it? I'll most likely just do it in my free time, but is it interesting enough for the playthrough?
If you think you can entertain an audience on your own its fine, but otherwise it doesn't really have any new content other than letting you play characters the campaign never gave you a chance to play. Its entirely generated out of reused content from the campaign, so you have randomly selected allies and enemies drawing from the bosses and officers in the campaign, a random map from the campaign, characters say generic lines pertaining to their current situation (like asking for help if at low health or praising you for killing 1000 enemies), etc. so there isn't a whole lot of unique things to commentate on (although playing it is still fun). If you want to present the complete experience of the game you could just play a couple of levels on-screen and leave it at that.

Angry Lobster posted:

This, grinding is unfortunately necessary in this game. For example, a lot of characters, like Luffy, need a certain coin to level break, and to get that coin you need to play a lot in Dream Mode.

If you don't want to show all the grinding, maybe showing only the highlights/best moments should be enough.
Although getting every character level broken or max crew leveled would be grindy, you can still beat every level in the campaign, dream log, and nightmare log without doing any of that. I got Luffy to level 50 just from my campaign playthrough, then i could make any character level 50 via beli growth, and any level 50 character is enough to 100% the dream log . Then you only need 1 level broken character to beat the nightmare log, and between playing the dream log and the campaign its hard not to get enough golden coins to level break atleast 1 character. You can even beat the nightmare log with a non-level broken character if you play it safe and abuse a broken character, like killing everything with fujitora's meteor, or abusing kuma's 1-bar special. Since OP said he won't be doing all the optional stuff, he shouldn't need to do any grinding.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Most of it is at least decent, I hear a lot of people like the G-8 arc in particular. Its all skippable though and not written by Oda so it just comes down to personal preference. Ironically, as the anime goes on they tend to drag out the canon content so absurdly that the filler arcs are more watchable because they can write as many episodes as they want instead of trying to stretch 1 chapter into an entire episode (Which is why a lot of people prefer the manga).

Zakrelo fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 9, 2019

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

TheLoneStar posted:

It should tell you on the 'Use Coin' page. Usually it's 'complete x stage with y character', Luffy's you need to do the Enies Lobby stage with him (Second Gear becomes his Kizuna Rush and Third Gear is his 2 bar special). If you want them all you need to do Enies Lobby 5 times to get coins for Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Ussop, and Choppers. Sometimes the new costumes change peoples moves (New World Strawhats or QuakeBlackbeard)

TheLoneStar posted:

It also means, at least I fear, there will be very few mini-bosses like Alvida as things go on. Now I won't lose any sleep over not seeing Mohji, Cabaji, or the Meowban Brothers...but when we get to Alabasta and Dressrosa, not seeing any of the higher Baroque Works agents or the executives of the Donquixote Family would be a major bummer. Again, even if they're like Alvida, I'll take that much.
Generally if a character is fully rendered on a stage they are either playable or can appear as crew.
Baroque Works has Mr 3, 2 + 1 as non-playable characters and Crocodile as playable.
Unfortunately none of the Donquixote Family executives beside Monet and Vergo are in this game. I want to say it's because it hadn't reached that far yet but they have Sabo and post-timeskip Bellamy.

The plot of the Dressrosa stage diverges almost as soon as it reaches the Ceasar trade while cutting out every Dressrosa character introduced except Fujitora. They did something similar in the 2 where Whitebeard saves Ace and they escape.

If you can try and unlock Zoro's final skill. It lets you bypass Logia guard which can save you a lot of hassle on later maps.

TheKirbs fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 9, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Zakrelo posted:

I think I may skip it, then. Or maybe I could just show the very last level with Shanks or something.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Personally I think One Piece does filler better than most anime, and the arcs tend to be short by One Piece standards. The G-8 Arc is especially good and worth watching.

TheKirbs posted:

It should tell you on the 'Use Coin' page. Usually it's 'complete x stage with y character', Luffy's you need to do the Enies Lobby stage with him (Second Gear becomes his Kizuna Rush and Third Gear is his 2 bar special). If you want them all you need to do Enies Lobby 5 times to get coins for Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Ussop, and Choppers. Sometimes the new costumes change peoples moves (New World Strawhats or QuakeBlackbeard)

Generally if a character is fully rendered on a stage they are either playable or can appear as crew.
Baroque Works has Mr 3, 2 + 1 as non-playable characters and Crocodile as playable.
Unfortunately none of the Donquixote Family executives beside Monet and Vergo are in this game. I want to say it's because it hadn't reached that far yet but they have Sabo and post-timeskip Bellamy.

The plot of the Dressrosa stage diverges almost as soon as it reaches the Ceasar trade while cutting out every Dressrosa character introduced except Fujitora. They did something similar in the 2 where Whitebeard saves Ace and they escape.

If you can try and unlock Zoro's final skill. It lets you bypass Logia guard which can save you a lot of hassle on later maps.
Man, going to the same level that many times sounds like a pain, but I'll probably end up doing it anyway.

And shame to hear about Baroque Works and the Donquixote Family aren't there either. Checking release dates, this game came out around when the Dressrosa Arc was wrapping up, so it's hard to say which of the Executives they'd be able to work in. That bit with Ace not dying sounds inexcusable though. Unless that game came out before Ace actually kicked the bucket...

Part 5 - Arlong Park

Now this was a bit of a hectic mess. Granted half of that was me wanting to make sure no one on my side retreated. Still, having to run around the map so much got me a bit anxious and poo poo. Felt like half the video was me going "Ah poo poo, now this is going on!" as people kept almost dying and new Captains kept popping up. I'm glad Hatchan at least got to appear, even back when I hadn't reached Sabaody Archipelago, I really liked him. I have the distinct feeling things are going to only get more hectic from here, what with all the Straw Hats that will be running about. I'm willing to bet that Enies Lobby is going to be an absolute nightmare. At the very least I hope I won't have to keep running around and saving my crewmates from getting their asses kicked every two minutes.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheLoneStar posted:

I think I may skip it, then. Or maybe I could just show the very last level with Shanks or something.
The last island is actually one against the Strawhats, Ace and Sabo. They come in groups of 2 until Luffy who comes with Ace and Sabo. Then you get all 11 at once with a huge amount of mooks. So glad Whitebeard was the guy I first did the stage with, no-one has mass clearance like him, Ivanko is the only one who comes close.

TheLoneStar posted:

Man, going to the same level that many times sounds like a pain, but I'll probably end up doing it anyway.
You'll need to do it at least twice to 100% it (one treasure event is to beat Jabura as Sanji, another is to beat Kaku as Zoro). Better than the first Marineford chapter, you need to do that 4 loving times for all the treasure events (once as Jimbei to fight Moria, once as Ivanko to fight Kuma, once as Buggy to fight Mihawk and again as Luffy to make Hancock leave and then fight Smoker afterwards).

TheLoneStar posted:

And shame to hear about Baroque Works and the Donquixote Family aren't there either. Checking release dates, this game came out around when the Dressrosa Arc was wrapping up, so it's hard to say which of the Executives they'd be able to work in. That bit with Ace not dying sounds inexcusable though. Unless that game came out before Ace actually kicked the bucket...
Ace had been dead for awhile by the time the first came out. He died in the first but 2 had a lot of 'what-if' stages and went with a full alternate continuity where Ace never manage to find Teach to get captured so no Marineford.

The cinematics aren't the best, the lack of blood or obvious wounding gets weird to look at when you know how they are actually injured (also weird as the first game clearly showed Akainu's flame going through Ace even if there is no hole while 3 looks like he just died from a punch to the spine). It's also sadly funny how they changed Cody's big speech about how they'd already won and were costing their own injured's lives chasing a broken enemy reduce to leaping in front of a clear kill shot on Luffy screaming life is precious

Bit of advice, Sanji cannot attack female characters so don't bother trying to fight Tashigi on the Loguetown stage or Robin on the Alabastor stage if you play as him.

TheKirbs fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Aug 12, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

TheKirbs posted:

The last island is actually one against the Strawhats, Ace and Sabo. They come in groups of 2 until Luffy who comes with Ace and Sabo. Then you get all 11 at once with a huge amount of mooks. So glad Whitebeard was the guy I first did the stage with, no-one has mass clearance like him, Ivanko is the only one who comes close.

You'll need to do it at least twice to 100% it (one treasure event is to beat Jabura as Sanji, another is to beat Kaku as Zoro). Better than the first Marineford chapter, you need to do that 4 loving times for all the treasure events (once as Jimbei to fight Moria, once as Ivanko to fight Kuma, once as Buggy to fight Mihawk and again as Luffy to make Hancock leave and then fight Smoker afterwards).

Ace had been dead for awhile by the time the first came out. He died in the first but 2 had a lot of 'what-if' stages and went with a full alternate continuity where Ace never manage to find Teach to get captured so no Marineford.
Well that's just disappointing. The overworld map even shows Shanks explicitly. Then again I guess Shanks hasn't been in a real on-screen fight, so him being fightable or playable would be pretty odd.

That's just inexcusable. Especially Jimbei and Moria since if I recall that fight was ended in a single punch.

Okay those What-If stages actually sound kind of interesting. What kind of stuff goes down in them?

Part 6 - The Legend Begins

I had hopes and a hunch that this stage would be a lot less frantic than Arlong Park, and that really seemed to be the case. Aside from Nami getting beaten up a bit and the near-base capture near the end, it all went pretty smoothly and calmly. Calmly compared to the previous level, at least. The bits with Buggy and the lightning were pretty amusing to boot. I'm also thankful that Smoker's fight wasn't too bad. I was worried that his Logia nature would make him far more annoying to fight off, but it really didn't make the battle all that more difficult than usual. Yeah, there were a few moments where he went full smoke mode, but aside from that it was pretty typical. Also it took until after I recorded this video to realize why I can't play as Nami in the main story and why she keeps getting her asses handed to her is because she still has that dinky staff, not her Clima-Tact. Guess I'm just so used to hear having some kind of weathery weapon it didn't click she didn't quite have it yet.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheLoneStar posted:

Well that's just disappointing. The overworld map even shows Shanks explicitly. Then again I guess Shanks hasn't been in a real on-screen fight, so him being fightable or playable would be pretty odd.

That's just inexcusable. Especially Jimbei and Moria since if I recall that fight was ended in a single punch.

Okay those What-If stages actually sound kind of interesting. What kind of stuff goes down in them?

Shanks is playable (and really powerful) it's just there is an extra island that appears after his if you beat all the 'strong' enemies (playable characters standing on islands) which is the Straw Hat stage which is the official final island which resets the strong enemies randomly afterwards so you can get level break coins and unlocks nightmare mode.

If I recall the condition is 'fight' not 'beat' so you really only have to attack him until the cut-scene plays then leave. Moria probably would go down in one punch from Jimbei, unless he's in Hero Mode Moria has low defense and is usually laying down while Doppleman attacks you.

Pirate Warriors 2 Dream Mode is a full alternate universe which doesn't make a huge amount of sense really as they shift a lot of pre-timeship stuff (like Skypia) to post-time skip while assuming a bunch of stuff still happens the same (like Akainu still becomes Fleet Admiral). The main story is the Straw-Hats escaping an ambush by Garp and Smoker just after Fishman island via knock-up stream to Skypia where they fight Enel which they never visited in this timeline. They find a bunch of never before seen dials which they take, they fall down to Punk Hazard which doesn't have Cesear and is jst a place they fight Smoker till one of the dials release a gas which turns the Straw-Hats minus Luffy and Nami evil. They are captured by Smoker, make a deal with him to help their crew and escape with Kuzan/Aokiji's help. Then they travel looking for the others while fighting off alliances between Wapol and Krieg or Arlong and Crocodile while making alliances with Jinbie and Whitebeard and the whole thing comes down to a big battle with Blackbeard who's allied with Moria and Enel and using the dials to control people.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

TheKirbs posted:

Shanks is playable (and really powerful) it's just there is an extra island that appears after his if you beat all the 'strong' enemies (playable characters standing on islands) which is the Straw Hat stage which is the official final island which resets the strong enemies randomly afterwards so you can get level break coins and unlocks nightmare mode.

If I recall the condition is 'fight' not 'beat' so you really only have to attack him until the cut-scene plays then leave. Moria probably would go down in one punch from Jimbei, unless he's in Hero Mode Moria has low defense and is usually laying down while Doppleman attacks you.

Pirate Warriors 2 Dream Mode is a full alternate universe which doesn't make a huge amount of sense really as they shift a lot of pre-timeship stuff (like Skypia) to post-time skip while assuming a bunch of stuff still happens the same (like Akainu still becomes Fleet Admiral). The main story is the Straw-Hats escaping an ambush by Garp and Smoker just after Fishman island via knock-up stream to Skypia where they fight Enel which they never visited in this timeline. They find a bunch of never before seen dials which they take, they fall down to Punk Hazard which doesn't have Cesear and is jst a place they fight Smoker till one of the dials release a gas which turns the Straw-Hats minus Luffy and Nami evil. They are captured by Smoker, make a deal with him to help their crew and escape with Kuzan/Aokiji's help. Then they travel looking for the others while fighting off alliances between Wapol and Krieg or Arlong and Crocodile while making alliances with Jinbie and Whitebeard and the whole thing comes down to a big battle with Blackbeard who's allied with Moria and Enel and using the dials to control people.
That's kind of weird, honestly. Like I said he hasn't really had an actual fight in the series. Just brief clashes really. Don't know if I'll go through all that trouble though, on or offscreen.

It's still stupidly specific. At least it feels that way since it wasn't even remotely a major fight of any kind.

Honestly a lot of that stuff sounds kind of neat. Maybe not the evil gas part though, that's kind of weird. Sounds a lot like just some wacky fanfiction where a fan just tossed everything at the wall to see what stuck. Kind of reminds me of some of those "What If?" scenarios from some of the older Dragon Ball Z games, like Raditz going through a sort of character arc and isn't just generically evil.

Part 7 - Skull and Cherry Blossoms

I don't care what anyone says. Wapol is underrated and is entertaining as poo poo with a really cool Devil Fruit. I really do hope he gets into some sort of (not one-sided) fight before the series is over, but something tells me that's not going to happen. I just want to see more creative stuff with the things he can eat. I kind of found it weird how even this far into the Grand Line, the major villain of the arc is still mostly a joke compared to the Straw Hats. Mr. 3 was a bit more formidable, but even in the end went down like a chump. The Grand Line was shrouded in so much mystery, but it really took until Crocodile where its reputation really started to show. Either way, this level itself was just kind of annoying. It really felt like Wapol would just summon an infinite amount of Captains if I had let him, and the Lapahns just wouldn't stop getting into trouble. Still kind of surprised they got a role like this, but I can appreciate the creativity. I looked into it and they're not actually playable, just supports apparently. Either way, I would've liked it if the game just bullshitted Dalton into things instead, but oh well.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Spamming Zoro/your support character isnt the only way to earn !s. Enter Kizuna Rush mode and kills YOU make generate !s too. Don't just save the KR for the final boss and immediately shoot off the super attack, use it on trash mobs to build up some !s, you could always build another rush up. Also, try to stop relying solely on Zoro for support. After your first KR, if you use a different support and activate another KR, each support character you started a KR with will attack together, wiping more enemies out and making more !s.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Beating the Dream Log's 'Strong Characters' are needed to unlock them as playable. You can get:

Moria, Mihawk, Donflamingo, Kuma, Crocodile, Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora, Garp, Magellan, Ace, Caesar, Enel, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, and Shanks.

From the Legend Log you get:

the Straw Hats, Jinbei, Hancock, Smoker, Tashigi, Buggy, Law, Lucci, Marco, Ivanko, Sabo and one of the most shockingly overpowered characters Perona.

Every other character who is rendered in-game can be a support character.

Kizuna Rush on large groups is the best way to build up !s, beating captains or boss characters with a Kizuna attack or while in a Kizuna Rush counts as 50 !s. You can have 4 different crew involved in the Rush, if a 5 person is included they replace the one you used earliest. You should unlock Nami soon whose square Kizuna support is one of the best in the game (pre-timeskip at least).

Also 'rescuing' a retreating character (run into the green ring) and eating a big piece of meat fills the Kizuna Bar of whoever is your current support to full instantly. You can use this to easily get 2 consecutive Rushes.

However if you are unlocking crew level it's best to stick to one person as the increase in level is dependent on the number of !s you get with them in a stage (bigger increase every 500 !s) and only the character whose bar you used to enter the Rush get's the !s.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
So far, this game tells less about the story so far than Xenoverse, which told the Buu Saga for all of ten seconds. Definitely not for newbies to the show.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Level Seven posted:

Spamming Zoro/your support character isnt the only way to earn !s. Enter Kizuna Rush mode and kills YOU make generate !s too. Don't just save the KR for the final boss and immediately shoot off the super attack, use it on trash mobs to build up some !s, you could always build another rush up. Also, try to stop relying solely on Zoro for support. After your first KR, if you use a different support and activate another KR, each support character you started a KR with will attack together, wiping more enemies out and making more !s.
I wish I had paid closer attention to the Kizuna tutorials. Using this in this most recent video was a God drat blast.

TheKirbs posted:

Beating the Dream Log's 'Strong Characters' are needed to unlock them as playable. You can get:

Moria, Mihawk, Donflamingo, Kuma, Crocodile, Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora, Garp, Magellan, Ace, Caesar, Enel, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, and Shanks.

From the Legend Log you get:

the Straw Hats, Jinbei, Hancock, Smoker, Tashigi, Buggy, Law, Lucci, Marco, Ivanko, Sabo and one of the most shockingly overpowered characters Perona.

Every other character who is rendered in-game can be a support character.

Kizuna Rush on large groups is the best way to build up !s, beating captains or boss characters with a Kizuna attack or while in a Kizuna Rush counts as 50 !s. You can have 4 different crew involved in the Rush, if a 5 person is included they replace the one you used earliest. You should unlock Nami soon whose square Kizuna support is one of the best in the game (pre-timeskip at least).

Also 'rescuing' a retreating character (run into the green ring) and eating a big piece of meat fills the Kizuna Bar of whoever is your current support to full instantly. You can use this to easily get 2 consecutive Rushes.
Kind of stinks almost all the good characters are hidden in the optional mode, but I guess that's fair enough. Pretty surprised that Perona of all characters is unlocked in the main story mode. Then again Ivankov is kind of a weird choice overall so meh. Her being playable at all is actually kind of surprising. And in also her Devil Fruit is really overpowered. If Usopp wasn't naturally negative, the Straw Hats would potentially have lost to her alone.

Good tip with Nami, she was pretty useful at racking up !s throughout this recent video. And it seems I misremembered your comment and thought it said something about eating meat being able to heal all team members or something. My bad.

Scalding Coffee posted:

So far, this game tells less about the story so far than Xenoverse, which told the Buu Saga for all of ten seconds. Definitely not for newbies to the show.
At least there are so many Dragon Ball Z games that just retell the main story over and over again you can just play them all and never have to read the manga or watch the anime.

Part 8 - Showdown at Alubarna

Now this episode was loving fun. Thanks to the tips quoted above, I was finally able to really utilize Kizuna effectively and it was just so great having a bunch of fighters along with Luffy just mowing down the mobs at even greater speeds and in even flashier ways. I kind of had my hopes up about at least Mr. 2 being playable until I re-read the comment listing all the playable characters and whatnot. I was really surprised Mr. 3 showed up at all, but I realized after the video maybe they did it because he's also in Impel Down and also Marineford? Maybe he'll show up in both those stages as support. Even if they aren't playable, I'm glad even this number of the Baroque Agents got to appear in the game, just getting to wail on them a bit in the main story. I also enjoyed the recreation of Luffy defeating Crocodile, even if it is a bit awkward, as expected from cutscenes in this game. I'm pretty surprised that Jaya gets its own arc since Bellamy was the only antagonist in that could really fight at all. I guess it's a nice throwaway stage to show off Usopp or something.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheLoneStar posted:

Pretty surprised that Perona of all characters is unlocked in the main story mode. Then again Ivankov is kind of a weird choice overall so meh. Her being playable at all is actually kind of surprising. And in also her Devil Fruit is really overpowered. If Usopp wasn't naturally negative, the Straw Hats would potentially have lost to her alone.

And it seems I misremembered your comment and thought it said something about eating meat being able to heal all team members or something. My bad.

She plays a lot like Nami who's most effective play style revolves around putting thunderclouds over enemies and setting them all off with R1. Perona's hollows inflict depression on the 3rd hit, paralyzing them and her unique skill turns depressed enemies into bombs. She can stun lock a crowd and make them all explode as long as you know which moves send out hollows and regularly us R1.

Big pieces of Meat give you full health and a maxed kizuna bar.

A word of warning for the future stages, certain status effects can knock you out of Kizuna Rush. Frozen (from Aokiji and Post-Timeskip Brook), Petrify (from Hancock and Cesar) and Depression (from Perona). The last ones a bitch to deal with as boss enemy Perona shoots hollows all over the map in Hero Mode and very easily interrupt combos to hit you with more, paralyzing you, which knocks you out of Kizuna Rush and leaves you helpless.

TheLoneStar posted:

I'm pretty surprised that Jaya gets its own arc since Bellamy was the only antagonist in that could really fight at all. I guess it's a nice throwaway stage to show off Usopp or something.

You forget who else made their first appearance in the Jaya Arc

And Ussop needs no special stage to show off, give him a bit of room to start an attack chain and he'll wipe out whole hordes and humiliate any boss fighting him (suck it Enel).

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

TheKirbs posted:

She plays a lot like Nami who's most effective play style revolves around putting thunderclouds over enemies and setting them all off with R1. Perona's hollows inflict depression on the 3rd hit, paralyzing them and her unique skill turns depressed enemies into bombs. She can stun lock a crowd and make them all explode as long as you know which moves send out hollows and regularly us R1.

A word of warning for the future stages, certain status effects can knock you out of Kizuna Rush. Frozen (from Aokiji and Post-Timeskip Brook), Petrify (from Hancock and Cesar) and Depression (from Perona). The last ones a bitch to deal with as boss enemy Perona shoots hollows all over the map in Hero Mode and very easily interrupt combos to hit you with more, paralyzing you, which knocks you out of Kizuna Rush and leaves you helpless.

You forget who else made their first appearance in the Jaya Arc

And Ussop needs no special stage to show off, give him a bit of room to start an attack chain and he'll wipe out whole hordes and humiliate any boss fighting him (suck it Enel).
Depressing the hell out of my enemies before blowing sure sounds like it'd be fun. Seriously, she has such a massively overpowered Devil Fruit it's insane. Makes me wonder if it's one of those kind that can be overridden by Haki, like Law's.

Thanks for the advice. Something tells me playing as Luffy isn't going to save me from being petrified. Does the game take these things into account? Will Eneru be able to hurt me with his lightning at all?

I mean I didn't forget about Teach, I just didn't think I'd fight him when I made that comment. Really should've guessed that, though.

He really was a lot better than I remember him being in this most recent video. I remember trying to use him offscreen when going back to do events and stuff and it seemed like he could barely do anything.

Part 9 - The 100 Million Beli Man

The level felt like it was a lot shorter and simpler than a lot of previous levels, which I don't really mind. Some older levels can be so seemingly needlessly hectic and chaotic like Arlong Park. It's nice to have a level where not too much seemed to really be going on. When I first saw this arc was a level, I was surprised, since Bellamy's fight was so short and he had no notable minions for any of the Straw Hats to fight in the manga. I mean I guess the game pretty much did that back with Morgan, but on the other hand skipping the very first arc would be weird. I hadn't thought Teach or Burgess would appear. Them showing up to cause trouble was kind of neat, even though I accidentally fought them in the wrong order apparently. Still, just demolishing Burgess with one attack was fun as poo poo so it's not all too bad.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Did you notice how fast you were able to clear territories now? Or how you only had one call for help? And all with a character you just picked up.

Off camera, you should try a run on one of the previous stages where you were struggling and see how you do now. You should definitely see an improvement!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

mastersord posted:

Did you notice how fast you were able to clear territories now? Or how you only had one call for help? And all with a character you just picked up.

Off camera, you should try a run on one of the previous stages where you were struggling and see how you do now. You should definitely see an improvement!
I have noticed a pretty significant change in things like that, yeah. Granted as I mentioned in the videos I did try out Usopp once before.

I did try with Arlong Park and frankly it was just as bad as before with me. That level just gets to me a bit, I think. So large, so many pathways cut off...

Part 10 - Adventure on Kami's Island

A pretty fun level with a pretty fun villain. I was a little surprised that God's Guards instead of those goat-like priests were the generic goons of Eneru. Really felt like the priests would have been more fitting, even if the four main priests never showed up. Have to say I was pretty glad to see Eneru's lightning attacks had pretty much zero effect on me as Luffy, and it would have been perfect if I could have hit him in his full Logia mode too. Though I guess that would make balancing issues, but still. Unless they only appeared in that Treasure Event I missed (though I doubt it) the complete lack of Gan Fall, Conis, and Pagaya was surprising. I'm not sure any of them even got a mention. Still, it was pretty fun and having Wyper on my team was really something I should have seen coming.

Foxy may be forgotten by Oda, but never by me. Shine on you Silver Fox.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

TheLoneStar posted:

Foxy may be forgotten by Oda, but never by me. Shine on you Silver Fox.

Foxy always reminds me of Count Chocula any time I see him.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Anyone looking to get Pirate Warriors 3, you can get it 75% off on Humble Bundle. 80% off or more with a purchase of three or more games from Humble Bundle Build Your Own Bundle.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...ogamesbyob_2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 11 - The City of Water, Water 7

Well things got mildly frustrating here. Granted it was my fault, I think, with not realizing how the gatehouse worked. I still don't really know if I was supposed to keep fighting at the gatehouse only once or a set amount of times before moving on or what. Still, the level wasn't too bad, kind of enjoyed they included the Usopp fight at the start. A big part of that may just be I like seeing him get beaten up. As for the Gear Second, does it just activate automatically when I play as Luffy in the main story mode? I mean I won't be playing as him in the next level anyway, but I'd still like to know ahead of time. I'll mention now I do plan on getting all the special coins from the next level, which seems to be beating that level with a certain Straw Hat in a bunch of cases.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Use the Blueno gold coin you got for finishing Water 7 with Luffy on Luffy's second coin page and you'll use Gear Second whenever you go into a Kizuna Rush with Luffy. Same thing with Ussop becoming Sogeking for his Rush with the coin you get from finishing Enies Lobby with him.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

TheKirbs posted:

Use the Blueno gold coin you got for finishing Water 7 with Luffy on Luffy's second coin page and you'll use Gear Second whenever you go into a Kizuna Rush with Luffy. Same thing with Ussop becoming Sogeking for his Rush with the coin you get from finishing Enies Lobby with him.
Okay, I was hoping it was that simple. Was afraid I was missing something.

Part 12 - Pirates vs. CP9

Considering the arc this was covering, this level was shorter and a bit less intricate than I was expecting. Not to say I disliked it, but it was just a bit surprising. I was a bit bummed that only three members of CP9 got to appear. I was hoping since Chopper's Rumble Ball was one of his special coins it meant Kumadori would appear as well since he's my favorite CP9 member. Also, like I know this is Chopper we're talking about, but considering I played on Normal and he's at such a high level, I was surprised how weak Chopper was. Like again, I know he's Chopper, but the difference was just so noticeable compared to other Straw Hat members. More of a surprise was that the Post-Enies Lobby Arc gets its own level, though I guess a chance to fully use Garp and Coby was too much to pass up. Not a bad thing by any means, just surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 13 - Fist of Love

It's funny how despite being the arc with pretty much the least amount of action in the entire series, it still made it in as a level. I'm under the impression it was only because it was when Franky joined the crew and Usopp rejoined that they included it. I mean the game skipped over Vivi's entire introduction, which set off an entire saga, but I guess crewmates joining are still far more important. Franky running around in emergency panties was pretty amusing, and I was surprised to see Aokiji join the fray. He was one high-defensed son of a bitch though, or maybe Nami is just far too weak despite her high level. Probably both, with more of the latter considering Chopper was the same way with the previous level. In any case, really excited to see what Thriller Bark is like since it's among my favorite arcs and introduces one of my favorite Straw Hats.