Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Derek Carr named his son Deacon. :what: Carr is so Fresno it hurts. It's like somebody forced a Bakersfieldian to brush its teeth and walk on its hindlegs.

AB is the mentally fragile manchild people pretend T.O. was.

"No rookie hazing" and "I'd like to welcome Richie Cog to the organization". Someone is gonna die.

Every time I hear Jon Gruden talk I get flashbacks to BOB's tepid as gently caress Hard Knocks season.

"Wheres Roethlisberger?" Lmao that's another future Raider right there.

I'm torn about Abram. I kinda like the attitude, but jacking up your own team is just stupid.

I love that they cut Ollie. Maybe the producers just selected all their worst footage of him, but he really didn't seem like he gave a poo poo at all. Westbrook was fun in the Rams Hard Knocks and I look forward to him doing more here.

G-Eazy? I can't think of a better wannabe toughguy for this franchise than a dude who lost his girl to loving Machine Gun Kelly.

Overall, a great episode so far. I like it a lot better than some of the previous seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ditch posted:

Not really the IRS since this is state taxes, but I would assume that California has robust tax enforcement given the number of high-paid athletes, musicians, actors, etc. who work there for brief periods of time.

Right, sorry, IRS is just shorthand in my brain for tax collecting agencies everywhere. But I agree, they're gonna want that money because it's in significant amounts. Gotta say though I live in Vegas and it would be loving hell to have training camp anywhere in Nevada at this time of the year. It's been hovering around 110 for months now

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thought it was a pretty good episode. Kinda slow but it's the first couple days of camp, there isn't poo poo happening yet. With the number of ridiculous people involved in this franchise, poo poo has to ramp up.

Gruden's "I'm not into dreams anymore... I'M INTO NIGHTMARES :black101:" was something.

Guy who had never heard of salmon before was funny.

Whoever said Incognito is a mountain wasn't kidding, he's like 3 Grudens.

Madden sighting owned.

Ollie really did look awful and like he didn't give a single gently caress about being there. Having not watched Last Chance U it didn't affect me much, it was just like "yeah he should get cut". Maybe it would have landed harder if I'd followed him from that show? I did wonder if the guy who's packing up all his poo poo in a duffel bag knows or cares that he's basically taking a guy's dreams and life's work and throwing them in the dumpster. Replacing him with a different big fat dude and even recycling the number seemed extra cold lol.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chichevache posted:

Derek Carr named his son Deacon. :what: Carr is so Fresno it hurts. It's like somebody forced a Bakersfieldian to brush its teeth and walk on its hindlegs.

His older sons name is Dallas lol

David, Derek, Deacon, Dallas

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Ollie really did look awful and like he didn't give a single gently caress about being there. Having not watched Last Chance U it didn't affect me much, it was just like "yeah he should get cut". Maybe it would have landed harder if I'd followed him from that show? I did wonder if the guy who's packing up all his poo poo in a duffel bag knows or cares that he's basically taking a guy's dreams and life's work and throwing them in the dumpster. Replacing him with a different big fat dude and even recycling the number seemed extra cold lol.

I watched the show and thought he was a fat lazy slob who probably had a learning disability and would never make it the NFL. The learning disability is the only way I really feel bad for him, even then he was coasting on his size

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

I think the middle one is "Dekker" too. :cripes: People who choose names for the first letter are the worst.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Lmao I was gonna include Dekker as well and thought "no way I'm just making that up"

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Fine. I do, occasionally, have a few drinks.

Admitted.

I'm just saying that ab is awesome. I hope his feet heal.

Highline
Mar 28, 2009
Abram definitely looking to be the breakout star this season he was entertaining any time he was on screen.

I did not realize how big Incognito was until AB was standing next to him. Holy poo poo that guy is legit terrifying, I imagine with his history we probably see him pretty buttoned down for the show though.

Enjoyed it will watch again!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yeah incognito is loving huge, but ab is also not as tall as you'd expect for a guy who has been the best receiver in the NFL.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Volkerball posted:

yeah incognito is loving huge, but ab is also not as tall as you'd expect for a guy who has been the best receiver in the NFL.

AB is not a big man. He's made all of his money by effort and guile.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
AB is 5'10" 185lbs, and has the greatest work ethic of any player I've ever seen. He makes LdT, Walter Payton and Jerry Rice look like amateurs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hold up there cowboy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
You'll see if you follow him on social media. He works out 3x per day, every day and never takes a day off

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmv1XdbpYGc#t=7m47s

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

If this Oline sucks...

Kolton Miller - 6'9 328 lbs
Richie Incognito - 6'3 320 lbs
Rodney Hudson - 6'2 299 lbs
Gabe Jackson - 6'4 340 lbs
Trent Brown 6'8 359 lbs

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well Gabe Jackson just got carted off so maybe replace him with his backup.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kolton Miller is 6'9"? I had not realized that. Seems pretty tall

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

If this Oline sucks...

Kolton Miller - 6'9 328 lbs
Richie Incognito - 6'3 320 lbs
Rodney Hudson - 6'2 299 lbs
Gabe Jackson - 6'4 340 lbs
Trent Brown 6'8 359 lbs

Tom Cable - Albatross

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

G-Eazy seemed like he was hung over from a night of molly and coke and was not feeling Abrams at all lol.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You'll see if you follow him on social media. He works out 3x per day, every day and never takes a day off

He's also so stupid he'll freeze his feet off trying to do cryo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Play posted:

Kolton Miller is 6'9"? I had not realized that. Seems pretty tall

Nice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Paperback Writer posted:

G-Eazy seemed like he was hung over from a night of molly and coke and was not feeling Abrams at all lol.

Let the one among us who was not "hung over from a night of molly and coke and was not feeling Abrams at all lol" cast the first stone.

Also are we just out of rapper names now? G-Eazy sounds like an obvious fake guest on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Blitz7x posted:

I like making up horror stories to tell parents when they come into my job with their fourth kid with a K name. poo poo about computer malfunctions and being completely erased from IRS systems and having to prove that they exist, because the IRS computers are so old they couldn't handle that many repeating letters

The only thing I love more is asking for an immunization record as the kid's ID and it turns out they're an anti-vaxxer

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Play posted:

Right, sorry, IRS is just shorthand in my brain for tax collecting agencies everywhere. But I agree, they're gonna want that money because it's in significant amounts. Gotta say though I live in Vegas and it would be loving hell to have training camp anywhere in Nevada at this time of the year. It's been hovering around 110 for months now
Elsewhere in the tweet thread were some suggestions for the Nevada side of Tahoe. Nearby...ish, similar weather, and get to train at altitude (has that ever made a difference for the Broncos? :iiam:)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

japtor posted:

Elsewhere in the tweet thread were some suggestions for the Nevada side of Tahoe. Nearby...ish, similar weather, and get to train at altitude (has that ever made a difference for the Broncos? :iiam:)

Reno wouldn't be a terrible place to do it.

Also Incognito is super good at pretending he's not a crazy rear end in a top hat when he wants to.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

japtor posted:

It seems like a very minor, tie-breaker kind of advantage. Like I definitely remember seeing games in Denver where Gronk was on the sidelines absolutely gassed, getting oxygen from a trainer. Having your opponent's best players have to come off the field more often than yours certainly helps. But it's not like the Broncos are 16-0 (or even "good") every year. It's dwarfed by other little details like having good players and good coaches.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Idk where it came from but

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Apparently when you train at high altitude the extra red blood cells you form while in hypoxia are deformed and can cause blood clots

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1159923453237088256

Looks like future episodes should have a bit more drama.

(He wants to a wear an older style helmet that the NFL has banned starting this season. When I first read this, I thought he wanted to wear his Steelers' helmet.)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

LabyaMynora posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1159923453237088256

Looks like future episodes should have a bit more drama.

(He wants to a wear an older style helmet that the NFL has banned starting this season. When I first read this, I thought he wanted to wear his Steelers' helmet.)

Being discussed in other threads, but yeah. This story is so loving dumb that I have a hard time believing it. But there's at least one report that he literally half-rear end painted his Steelers helmet with Raider colors and hoped no one would notice.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1159911482965893120

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Docjowles posted:

Being discussed in other threads, but yeah. This story is so loving dumb that I have a hard time believing it. But there's at least one report that he literally half-rear end painted his Steelers helmet with Raider colors and hoped no one would notice.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1159911482965893120

If any of this is even half true, dude may have a learning disability.

Like, I'd be ready to speculate this was just him acting out for the Hard Knocks cameras, except it's coming right off the news that his feet were likely frostbitten in a bullshit rear end cryo-chamber.

Like, this dude might really be stupid.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I feel like this is too crazy to be real and too crazy to be fake

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Hard Knocks should have a thirty minute segment with just highlights of AB's agent trying to field this one.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Remember a year ago when tony brown was screaming at people and throwing furniture out of his apartment and nobody thought wow this dudes fuckin crazy as hell

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Same, very shocked that one of the most social media obsessed NFL players would pull this, 2 days before the show premiered

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Why has the 7 man sled fallen out of favour?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

gtfoh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmxWZ8Rbwc

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why has the 7 man sled fallen out of favour?

I would guess that with smaller sleds and individual coaches (you're pretty much at like a 1:1 ratio of coach/team employee : player) that you're not going to use it much with every lineman pushing together.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm super hype for the next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Play posted:

(about John Madden)
Forgot to include that in my "review". That was definitely among the best segments, including the way they tied it to this year's training camp. That guy just has something innately special about him. He's a joy to listen to

Yeah, whenever I hear someone criticize Madden there's a part of my brain that goes "Lalalalalalalala can't hear you." Guy loves football. The ultimate football cookout would be him and Farve just shooting the breeze over beers and brats.

It was cool to see an episode. Are all teams this dysfunctional?