Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Blitz7x posted:

A lot of people are gonna like Derek Carr as a person but probably not a QB

This is very true. He just seems like a good dude, but I expected him to be more Jesus-ey for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

seiferguy posted:

- Abram is gonna kill a guy on the field.

Not gonna lie, Abram was my favorite part of the episode. I loved him loving with Gruden.

japtor posted:

And looking into it some more, apparently everyone in sports to an extent cause they get taxed based on game location:

I kind of always assumed this, because government is always gonna try to get their cut. Nice link going into the details of it. Always wanted to learn more about it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I feel like this is too crazy to be real and too crazy to be fake

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I don't know how you can watch this and think Gruden isn't a good coach. He goes after guys hard, but then dials it back and lets them know he's pulling for them. When he asked the quarterbacks questions about their decision-making, he was very to the point. You can tell just by listening to him that he loving understands offenses. And he is very hands-on in dealing with quarterbacks. This might be the first season of Hard Knocks where I felt that type of knowledge was conveyed by a head coach. Frankly, I'm kinda amazed at just how bad he's making previous coaches look by comparison.

Larch posted:

"You're a loving rap guy and you never heard of George Clinton and Bootsy Collins?"

Mike Mayock said that. Respect levels went up. So much. I want to see these Raiders do something!

Mayock loving owns

I am torn between respect and disgust for Maxx Crosby. Breaking his hand and just having them put a cast on it so he could play some more is loving tough as nails, but also seems really loving dumb.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Blowjob Overtime posted:

He's a mid/late draft d-lineman who is fighting to make the team. Maybe he has a very well-planned backup career if the NFL doesn't work out, but more likely he views this as his one shot at a payday.

It's very funny that someone walking into Hard Knocks blind would see Richie Incognito as the wise, level-headed dude. Props to him if that is actually his mindset now, but I have to assume he's actually thinking, "You don't fight during camp, you mentally destroy someone in the locker room and the parking lot where there are no coaches or cameras around."

Also Derek Carr is a loving prick.

He was drafted in the fourth round. How many fourth rounders are really at risk of getting cut?

I'm torn about Incognito. I think it's clear that he had mental health issues and if he is actually addressing him, good for him. I want to believe people can constantly grow and evolve, so a small part of me is rooting for him. But mostly, I think he's just an rear end in a top hat.

And Derek Carr is the greatest and I'm rooting so hard for him

Colostomy Bag posted:

"caused by steroids."

Holy poo poo, Maxx Crosby is real life Steve Lattimer from The Program

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

He thinks he can develop Peterman, but every coach thinks they can fix guys. Every coach in every sport will talk about a guy that everyone else will find themselves thinking "what the hell is he talking about?"

The Mack trade still feels like it was a Mark Davis money issue and Gruden taking the blame for it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Play posted:

Unfortunately the guy in that clip was actually Trent Brown, who wasn't involved in that exchange. Still funny as gently caress

drat, they tricked me on that one. I thought it was both hilarious and loving brutal that they were editing the episode that way to fat shame him.

This is actually way worse, because now Trent Brown is going to be called our on that clip for the rest of his life and he wasn't even the one getting called out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I feel like spoilers for this is probably overkill. We are football nerds who are obsessively watching cut-down day to see how it affects our team. If we don't already know these things, we're probably in the wrong subforum.