Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I think I'd have trouble hitting weak spots with a controller, but maybe I should just get good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

So this is on sale. Is it good?
Do you have a friend or two you can play it with? It's a lot better that way imo.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Thank goodness if crossplay works. With WFH right now I really don't have the spare bandwidth.

(I am going to have a rough time with this 8GB for the patch :( )

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I love this game, but I'm totally stuck on the boss that you fight on the bridge that attack from both sides. Any advice? I apologize I can't remember the name!

You can shoot the cocooned one before it comes out and take a good chunk of its health off before it's even a threat. At least you could when I last fought it before any DLC was out.

I've been playing with a friend and we each had a designated one to hit when they go for the charge up attack that you can interrupt.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Plus if you wear that armour, your coop buddy gets to make fun of you flopping around all over the place.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I like the area from the second DLC well enough. Some cool bosses. Though I do feel a bit bad going into villages and killing everyone.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I think they eventually added a counter so you could see how many kills you had there?

Or it was there all along and I just didn't notice at first.

Changing it so everyone goes there instead of just one character was definitely a good thing. It was even more annoying before.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I used the hunting rifle and then the sniper rifle before I settled on the crossbow. Probably didn't even need to use the sniper tbh, I still switch out the crossbow for the hunting rifle every now and again.

If it's working for you, keep using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Some people don't have anyone to play co-op with, at least not regularly. I tried this game solo and it's not for me.

Played through it with a friend twice though and enjoyed it quite a bit.