Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I had a metal/screamo version of Hard in da Paint on both my YouTube and Spotify playlists and cannot find it anywhere since the search functions are rear end or it got removed and re-uploaded. Google is failing me and I can't find it in my search history even though I found it last time. Please help me mighty goons, I have great need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Here's an incredibly long shot - a clean version of this song:

https://i.imgur.com/00YFt1K.mp4

The man lip syncing is (probably) the original performer: Mike Loveless, a local public access and radio personality from Fort Wayne, IN. I have some of his other songs in varying degrees of quality, but I can't find this one by him or anyone else.

edit: the man above is not probably Mike Loveless (he is absolutely Mike Loveless), rather, Mike Loveless is also probably the original performer - a day later it occurred to me how ambiguously that was written

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 1, 2024

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Caesar Huesca does guitar covers on youtube.
He did a cover of Zappas "sofa" years ago wearing a santa claus hat.
Its not on his site and I remember it came up in some unrelated search.
I thought the title was "Vai sofa" but that gets nothing.
Its a nice cover.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where is the gbs eclipse thread? There was one, and now I cannot find it at all

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe it went behind the moon

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Haven't tried that hard but I looked in a few places then thought of this thread:

A clip from a documentary about Jacques Derrida where he's seeing his picture for the French National Portrait Gallery for the first time and the only thing he says to the artist is "I have no wish to destroy it."

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
a tiktok featuring a kiwi sheep shearer with an insane person reverse mullet or similar haircut rapping the following to ice cube "today was a good day" instrumental, in an empty shearing shed

"i'm the illest rapper in the system
i been savin up for months tryna buy a circum...cision
things ain't always what it seems
i been fuckin up my life like i was charlie sheen"

he just kinda had some cube-like flow despite being a chirpy kiwi accented insane hair guy

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is it the "my state is declaring a state of emergency thread?" Seems like something Americans in the South would do to stop the masses blinding themselves by looking directly at it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is it the "my state is declaring a state of emergency thread?" Seems like something Americans in the South would do to stop the masses blinding themselves by looking directly at it.

The Vlogbrothers put out a Youtube video arguing that this solar eclipse was more dangerous than usual because you usually have to travel hours and hours out to the middle of nowhere to get the chance to see an eclipse but this time the totality path crosses through some highly populated areas so there's likely to be a lot more injuries than usual

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah, just like I said.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Blindness is badass

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
got this game in the late 90s/early 2000s in a cd bundle called 'the fabulous 4 pack'. it was a hybrid turn based strategy/fighting game where you and your opponent would place your guys on opposite sides of a grid. you'd each move one character each turn and if you landed on the same square as another it turned into a 2d fighting game, not mortal kombat or street fighter quality but it was an actual fighting game, and whoever won got the square. it had a dark fantasy vibe and you were usually battling over some muddy swamp. and you had a certain amount of gold to buy gear for your characters before a match, and i remember you could just totally load one character up at the expense of all the others and there was a ring slot for every finger so you could give one guy 8 magic rings

i swear i'm not making this up and google isn't helping

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
is there another thread here where people find obscure old poo poo, cause someone on this site found an old pre far side gary larson comic for me and i never properly thanked them

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Pac and Cheese posted:

got this game in the late 90s/early 2000s in a cd bundle called 'the fabulous 4 pack'. it was a hybrid turn based strategy/fighting game where you and your opponent would place your guys on opposite sides of a grid. you'd each move one character each turn and if you landed on the same square as another it turned into a 2d fighting game, not mortal kombat or street fighter quality but it was an actual fighting game, and whoever won got the square. it had a dark fantasy vibe and you were usually battling over some muddy swamp. and you had a certain amount of gold to buy gear for your characters before a match, and i remember you could just totally load one character up at the expense of all the others and there was a ring slot for every finger so you could give one guy 8 magic rings

Was it Dark Legions?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Legions

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pac and Cheese posted:

If you don't have any luck here there's a thread in the Retro Games subforum for hunting down obscure old games:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3915120&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

this isn't it, definitely same genre

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Amusing game though, many memories of giant armies of fire guys and club guys dying to traps!

Pac, Archon Ultra?

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
it's not archon ultra. and thanks to you both

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Looks like the Fabulous Four Pack came with both Dark Legions and Archon Ultra, plus two military games:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Action Jacktion posted:

Looks like the Fabulous Four Pack came with both Dark Legions and Archon Ultra, plus two military games:

this is blowing my mind, i looked at youtube clips of those games and they're nothing like i remembered. and i remember the tank game so this is definitely it

hall of fame
- wizzardstaff
- Isolationist
- Action Jacktion

honorary mention
- Snowglobe of Doom

i should probably start working on that game that only exists in my head, it's pretty good

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

a tiktok featuring a kiwi sheep shearer with an insane person reverse mullet or similar haircut rapping the following to ice cube "today was a good day" instrumental, in an empty shearing shed

"i'm the illest rapper in the system
i been savin up for months tryna buy a circum...cision
things ain't always what it seems
i been fuckin up my life like i was charlie sheen"

he just kinda had some cube-like flow despite being a chirpy kiwi accented insane hair guy

https://www.tiktok.com/@shearingshedvlogs/video/7119827297368100098

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

a tiktok featuring a kiwi sheep shearer with an insane person reverse mullet or similar haircut

For future reference, that hairstyle is called a skullet

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
Hell yeah thank you. No idea of the nature of any of his other videos but at least i got those barz

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Pac and Cheese posted:

this is blowing my mind, i looked at youtube clips of those games and they're nothing like i remembered. and i remember the tank game so this is definitely it

hall of fame
- wizzardstaff
- Isolationist
- Action Jacktion

honorary mention
- Snowglobe of Doom

i should probably start working on that game that only exists in my head, it's pretty good
Good I am glad this got cleared up so I did not have to ask if you were potentially remembering things so unclearly that you might have meant Archon itself or Archon 2 or even Mail Order Monsters

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Vlogbrothers put out a Youtube video arguing that this solar eclipse was more dangerous than usual because you usually have to travel hours and hours out to the middle of nowhere to get the chance to see an eclipse but this time the totality path crosses through some highly populated areas so there's likely to be a lot more injuries than usual

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Clearing out an older relative's apartment, and found a box of hundreds of perfectly kept, untouched free CDs that came with various computer magazines from around... 97?? Lots and lots of ancient software, demos, little games, all sorts of random stuff. And some really specific Polish stuff, like TATRY GORY POLSKIE demo, etc. Wonder if these CDs are the only place a bunch of this stuff exists now?

Edit: Blessed CD. Discworld 2 AND Sonic??

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 9, 2024

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

A music video that I saw in the early 2000s. In it some guy wakes up with a bunch of random poo poo in his pockets and he is being chased by some nefarious dudes. all through the chase the random poo poo in his pockets ends up being key to not being caught. at the end he gets stuck on a car with no handle and gets caught. then he wakes up again but this time he also has a car door handle in his pocket

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Pac and Cheese posted:

is there another thread here where people find obscure old poo poo, cause someone on this site found an old pre far side gary larson comic for me and i never properly thanked them

It was Tree Bucket

babypolis posted:

A music video that I saw in the early 2000s. In it some guy wakes up with a bunch of random poo poo in his pockets and he is being chased by some nefarious dudes. all through the chase the random poo poo in his pockets ends up being key to not being caught. at the end he gets stuck on a car with no handle and gets caught. then he wakes up again but this time he also has a car door handle in his pocket

Chicane - Love On The Run?

Zathril fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 10, 2024

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

thats the one! thank you!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Battle Pigeon posted:

Clearing out an older relative's apartment, and found a box of hundreds of perfectly kept, untouched free CDs that came with various computer magazines from around... 97?? Lots and lots of ancient software, demos, little games, all sorts of random stuff. And some really specific Polish stuff, like TATRY GORY POLSKIE demo, etc. Wonder if these CDs are the only place a bunch of this stuff exists now?

It's a chore, but if you can be bothered it would be great to get more of this stuff uploaded to archive.org
As you say, these CDs are the only archive of huge amounts of ephemera.

(I actually got a nice comment from someone last week that my upload of some random install disk for a particular old computer was the only one he could get to work to resurrect his old Mac.)

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
About 10 years ago on this very forum, someone made an excellent acapella cover of the intro to Ninja Gaiden II NES for an acapella covers thread. Because I save nothing like this, I assume this is lost to the sands of time.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh I've got a good one. This 100% I promise happened and is real I swear to loving God I know what it sounds like. Sometime during the late 90's maybe early 00's Oprah and her friend Gayle reacted to a picture or video of Dennis Rodman in Speedos or tight undies with a huge bulge with obvious horniness. They're just like "look at the size of that guy's dick and balls oh my god I want" and this was on at like two in the afternoon.

Find me this footage!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
double post

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Back in the early 00's, I saw this really well done low-budget student film. It was an Christmas-themed comedy action movie with Santa and Jesus, with most of the main characters being in this secret intel organization (thin ties, black suits, etc). The plot was everyone trying to get Santa's list. There was a degree of 70's cop show vibes too.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

~Coxy posted:

It's a chore, but if you can be bothered it would be great to get more of this stuff uploaded to archive.org
As you say, these CDs are the only archive of huge amounts of ephemera.

(I actually got a nice comment from someone last week that my upload of some random install disk for a particular old computer was the only one he could get to work to resurrect his old Mac.)

Do you know if it would be uploading the iso, or literally everything individually on the discs? There's waaaay too many and too much to do the latter, but the former might be doable, eventually. I don't think there's anyone or anywhere nearby that would be interested in taking them and doing it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Battle Pigeon posted:

Edit: Blessed CD. Discworld 2 AND Sonic??

I actually had this conversation with my mom recently. There's this really good candy/bakeless cookie(?) recipe in an old church cookbook and I told her we're probably the only people who have any knowledge it exists anymore. All the submitters are probably dead or close to it, most cookbooks just sit on shelves and truthfully a good chunk have them have probably all been tossed by relatives cleaning their effects after they died for what was a very limited production anyway. Just kinda neat to think about

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
A song/video, modern but kind of 70's looking, reggaeton or Latin. There's footage of the singer and he's playing like, maybe a timbale or something. Not sure what else I can remember.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Battle Pigeon posted:

Do you know if it would be uploading the iso, or literally everything individually on the discs? There's waaaay too many and too much to do the latter, but the former might be doable, eventually. I don't think there's anyone or anywhere nearby that would be interested in taking them and doing it

Definitely just rip and upload the .iso for stuff like cover discs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

reggaeton or Latin

Wow so it's either something like

Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime
Ihni binni dimi dini uan mor taime
Or ihni binni diniwiny ani taime
O Ihni binni dini one mor taime

or something like

Anus Noak, anus Noak optima fuit.
Pocula marito
dabat. Talis cito
uxor nihi, uxor mihi esse debuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

A song/video, modern but kind of 70's looking, reggaeton or Latin. There's footage of the singer and he's playing like, maybe a timbale or something. Not sure what else I can remember.

Uptown Funk