Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Two songs that used to play a bunch on JBTV in the 90s and I'm not gonna be a ton of help here, so I expect no one to get either.

In the one the hook is the male singer going "IIIIIII" then it cuts to a girl saying "hate you" also there's a bit near the end where it goes "we all fall down" a couple times, pretty sure. Indie song, mid 90s, pretty fast tempo.

The other I'd swear had something to do with the phrase four leaf clover used quite a bit, something about taking a handful of goodbye pills. The hook was a repetition of "I made, made up my mind".

Both were played a bunch on Q101 during the indie shows around 95-96 also. I have zero expectations here, but if anyone can figure out these songs from my lovely description I will die happy and also probably annoy my wife this weekend by playing them both while drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Taking a wild swing at the first one, could it be, Ruby - Tiny Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErOaxgpGD0

If not then: I can't directly help you, but I can sort of help you get some of the way there.
Here is a website that lists hits from 1996 and on from q101
http://www.radiohitlist.com/Q101/Q101-1996.htm

It might be helpful to check you kroq's lists. They are longer and go back to the 80's
http://www.radiohitlist.com/KROQ/KROQ-1995.htm

Web Archive - only can get to 1993
https://web.archive.org/web/20141018161224/https://q101.com/2014/10/q101s-top-101-songs-of-1993/

a discogs - huge rear end discogs lists
https://www.discogs.com/lists/Q101-1992-2011/318335?page=1

Sorry man it's like a big game of subtraction
Sorry I can't help you any further

Not Tiny Meat- I actually own Salt Peter tho!

Both of these songs were more college indie. I appreciate the resources and will maybe dig around tonight l, see if I can’t track em down.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lpzie posted:

speaking of LF, if someone remembers a video that was posted there once about some woodland creatures, gnomes? squirrels? i dunno, but they lived together in harmony but then capitalism showed its face, with smoke stacks on factories and it tore the community apart. would like to see it again.

Was it something David The Gnome related? That feels right.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

porfiria posted:

This is a longshot, but it's a music video or an animation set to a pre-existing song, possibly pixel art, that features a sunny beach town that has been wrecked by some kind of Lovecraft-y apocalypse.

I'm pretty sure I didn't dream this.

The town wasn’t wrecked and isn’t lovecraft... but Do The Whirlwind by Architecture In Helsinki?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lindy Hopscotch posted:

There was this computer game I used to play in school in like 5th or 6th grade where you can make stage plays or something with backgrounds and characters and you can write their lines and pick a computer voice to say their lines. To test the voices each voice would say "All the Worlds a Stage". This was like back in '96 and for the life of me i cant find the loving game and maybe it never existed because any time I've tried to find it I've come up with loving nothing.

Somebody tell me this goddamn game existed in their timeline too.

I don’t remember the name but I’d swear LGR did a video about the base one, as well a the American Girl doll version.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

This was from way back but here you go if you're still reading the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUZvsLltpE

Oh... oh god bless you.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I had that book and read it cover to cover dozens of times. I also had the Mega Man book as well

I read a bunch of them, but owned the Ninja Gaiden one, read it many times.

Also the Gremlins 2 adaptation, which provided me with an excessive education on how metal arcs in the microwave.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Wait...there was a Gremlins 2 the movie the video game the book?

Oh man I wish that was what I meant.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Longmont Potion Castle?

HEY! Don’t sully his work by associating him with the phrase “comedian”.

Longmont is a Saint and a level 15 wizard.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

it's on SoulSeek, I just checked

Everything is on soulseek.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'm looking for a series of short documentary style stories, mostly shot on black and white. Original language is French, but the versions on Youtube were dubbed over in English. The stories were mostly paranormal in nature, some were simple crime stories, one of the later ones (in color) was a scifi\body horror story about the survivors of Soviet cybernetics experiments. Other memorable episodes were one about a mysterious witch beneath a sheet, and another was about two families that lived next door to one another and its title was something along the lines of "The BLANK watch the BLANK", with each blank being the surname of one of the family. Any ideas would be great.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

frankee posted:

that sounds like The Forbidden Files

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258528/

That's it! That was driving me frickin nuts. Thank you.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

What did Mario sound like in the pre-Nintendo 64 Charles Martinet days?!?

"Greetings and salutations, child; Mario here."

MARIO: hey there kids. it's me, uh, mario. any of you got any, like, pills? for pain? mario messed his back up pretty awful last week fighting a guy at the pool hall that called him a pole smoker. like, nothing against people like, you know, that, but mario is ALL MAN, BABY, YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT? yeah you do. hey, yo, kid, hands off the merchandise. got these clothes at Affliction. denim cost me, like, 135 large alone. you got that kinda money, kid? yeah, I didn't think so. now which one of you has a percocet for ol' mario?

LUIGI: HEY MARIO CMON MAN WE'RE GOING TO SHAKE SHACK. WHAT'RE YOU DOING WITH ALL THOSE KIDS?

MARIO: I'M DOING THE COURT THING FOR WHEN I GOT CAUGHT STEALING MAIL

LUIGI: YOU WANT SOMETHING ANYWAY?

MARIO: JUST BRING ME A SHAKE. STRAWBERRY. AND SOME FRIGGING PILLS OR VODKA OR WHATEVER

LUIGI: YEAH ALL RIGHT you friggin degenerate

MARIO: THANKS *to children* that's my brother. thinks he's better than me, because he's tall, but guess what? he's not.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

barnold posted:

holy gently caress

1) how the gently caress is there a specific page for "animutations that have windows ME"
2) how did this site not come up at all while I was digging, I swear to gently caress I watched so many lovely flashes trying to find this thing and there it is lmfao

Yesterday, thanks to Justin Whang, I found out there’s a wiki dedicated to chronicling all examples of baths and bath scenes in anime. Nothing, no matter how stupid, is now beyond our grasp.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Yond Cassius posted:

There's someone out there fascinated with power lines, too.

The ease with which you can set up and update sites like this is probably why there are fewer serial killers these days.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a song\music video, pretty sure from the 00s. It has a female vocalist and I want to say the music style was noisy and chaotic electronic dance, maybe similar to Crystal Castles, but not quite. I want to say the words "the future" show up often in the lyrics.

In the video the lead singer is represented by a giant puppet thing that tiny people wearing different colored hazmat suits move around\interact with in lockstep. The whole thing was like DMT: The Musical!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm counting this as another win for me

I can’t decide which is the best element; the nunchucks on the doorknob, or the fact that the drawing (unintentionally?) contends that Jesus is inked.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Deathlove posted:

I'm pretty sure that was Demi Moore in GI Jane.

I have said the phrase "two tears in a bucket, motherfuck it" too many times in my life, though.

If both movies have a woman telling someone to suck her dick, we just need to find an example in 1998 and we’ll have a four year run of women in Hollywood telling people to suck their dicks (Julianne Moore tells the pharmacists to “suck… MY DICK”*)I hope we can make this happen. The world needs a win.

EDIT:* in 1999’s Magnolia

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 9, 2024

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I’m trying to remember a song/music video. The title is a something in latin, I think, and the music video cuts between a woman doing aerobics while singing the female parts and a mildly creepy animation of a man’s face singing the men’s. The song isn’t that old, maybe released in the 2010s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

I’m trying to remember a song/music video. The title is a something in latin, I think, and the music video cuts between a woman doing aerobics while singing the female parts and a mildly creepy animation of a man’s face singing the men’s. The song isn’t that old, maybe released in the 2010s?

FOUND IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98XRKr19jIE