Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I’ve tried to find this for a while now with no luck. It was an older computer game - we had it for the Apple IIC - that was a text adventure in the same vein as Zork. It may have had a smallish picture in the screen that changed when you went to a new location like Deja Vu or Shadowgate but I don’t know if that’s correct.

You played a secret agent of some kind and you woke up on a plane with amnesia. The plane was in the process of crashing, so you had to get out of your seat, get a parachute, and open the external door. After that you landed in or near a city where you were supposed to make contact with someone and that’s about where I usually got frustrated because I was a little kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

Okay, I've got one too.

It was a low budget 80's action movie, but the only part I've seen is a clip where there's a guy roller skating while holding an inflatable sex doll. He's also shooting an UZI or some other kind of sub-machine gun at this jeep that's passing by. The guy in the Jeep gets out and pulls this missile launcher out of the back and shoots it at the guy on roller skates. Then, he aims up at the inflatable doll that's now floating in the air and fires a missile at that too! I think the words "hard" and "road" were in the title.

Hard Ticket to Hawaii. It’s the same movie that has a scene with a razorblade frisbee.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Pretty sure this is Secret Agent...
Here's the first few instructions from a walkthrough:

SECRET AGENT: MISSION ONE
1. Get Pistol. Shoot Door. Go Cockpit. Open Cabinet. Get Parachute. Go Door.
2. Lift Latch. Jump. Pull Ripcord.
3. Get Fork. Sleep. Hit Nurse.
4. Open Door. Go Door. Open Register (Get Money). Up. Take Card. Drop Card. Go Closet. Close Door. Wait. Open and Go Door. Get Card.
5. Buy Drink. Give Drink. Repeat for information until he simply says "Thanks Man."

Fuuuuck, this is absolutely it. Thanks!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

"Sorry, Tennessee!!" was a gag that I must have heard on twenty different TV shows and commercials back in the 90s but I can't figure out what it meant exactly. Was Tennessee barred from sweepstakes and stuff at one time?

It used to be a running gag on Talk Soup based on those types of commercials that would call out specific states as being ineligible. For a lot of them it was because those states had strict gambling laws and the contest technically counted as gambling. I don’t think Tennessee itself had any specific relevance, it just happened to be the state that Talk Soup chose.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Dr_Zombie_Love posted:

I've been trying to ID a song for nearly two decades and I haven't had any luck because it is literally impossible to search for it.

I remember hearing it on the radio when I was in high school around 2001-2002. It was a sort of electronic sounding song with a beat and synths and there was a sampled voice-over that played through it. The voice-over was clips from what sounded like a 1950's PSA talking about "The Object." It was a man's voice, instructing the listener to "examine The Object" or "place The Object in front of you" or similar phrases. I remember it sort of being in the style of Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen" and it's very similar to "The Nozzle" bit from Venture Bros.

I'm probably not describing it perfectly, but "The Object" was repeated throughout the song. It's probably not as great as I remember, but a friend and I used to joke about it and trying to find it has been driving me nuts.

MC Honky, “The Object”?
https://youtu.be/a3HLCvNLQgM

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Looking for the title of a older kids book (probably something in the 5-6 grade level but I could be off) where the protagonist is in a weird family that has their own weird heaven. A patriarch in the family is very short and uses armbands to keep his shirtsleeves from flopping over his hands (because I guess tailoring is out of the question). The word "pineapple" is somehow connected.

Solved offsite: it was Figgs & Phantoms by Ellen Raskin.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 17, 2020

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Here’s one that’s been bugging me today: I could swear that there was an episode of the BBC show QI in which they talk about December 21 not actually being the longest night of the year (presumably because the exact time of solstice happens that morning). In my memory it’s from the Stephen Fry years and I have a vague notion that David Mitchell might have been one of the guests. Can’t find it anywhere.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

This is gonna be a hell of a long shot but if someone manages to come through I will be amazed and grateful. At some point in my life I had an MP3 of the Boomtang Boys Microwave Mix cover of Popcorn, but it had portions of the dialogue from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Space Conflict from Beyond Pluto" laid over it. It couldn't have been any earlier than April 2002 when it came out for obvious reasons, and I think it was the sort of thing that got shared around in college networks rather than being published on the web anywhere. I want to say the artist was Chris Micali but it's possible I'm conflating something there. In any case I lost it at some point and can't find it anywhere.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Before I do it did you check soulseek yet

No, I didn't even know it existed before your post.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Not precisely something I've tried to find for ages, but I could swear that I heard the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald recently either on TV or in a movie/trailer and my searches are all coming up with nothing.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Scam Likely posted:

If anyone is curious, it's literally the avatar JPEG. I ran it through a free AI upscaler, boosted the resolution in Photoshop, then designed and ordered it via Printful.

Do you have a link to the upscaler? I need to do a very similar thing to make a shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm trying to find a book series from the 80s/90s. It was a Encyclopedia Brown style boy detective series but set in Utah in the late 1800s. The main characters family isn't Mormon but there is a lot written about Mormons.

Any ideas of what these books could be?

The Great Brain?

e: f,b