Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meets Truck
Oct 21, 2013

~Coxy posted:

Consumer Power 2. Not kidding.

Sic Semper Goon posted:

I think I recall this one (similar circumstances, fellow Australian who was in primary school around that era). Assuming it's the same one:

The game was literally called "Let's Go Shopping", and I'm certain that it had child voice actors. I was particularly amused by the pronunciation of "Nutmeg" for some reason. I'm sure it was bundled with another edutainment game, of which I recall nothing.

My parents probably still have the CD buried in the piles of crap they refuse to throw away; somewhere in their house.

I'll take a look on the internet myself now.

EDIT: Nevermind, ~Coxy's probably a lot closer.

I think this might be it, thank you! Details seem to be pretty sparse online, nothing on Internet Archive but think that might have been a long shot. Might have to hit up NLA for a copy if anything still exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Mr.Chill posted:

Back in the early 2000's I saw the local Ohio band Vic Daniels Quartet perform and they slayed. At that gig I bought their album With The Crows (home burned cd, paper label). It was my #1 driving music for a long time. Years pass and many moves later that cd gets lost.

I've been searching for that album for about ten years now. A few piss poor live recordings are up online, but not the whole thing and not the good pro recordings the cd had. The band since broken up and hate each other; none have responded to my attempts to contact.

It's probably lost media at this point but I can't stop searching until I have it and have uploaded each song for the world to enjoy (properly credited, of course).

It's on Soulseek

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Some tv show where some racists write some racist stuff on some black dudes car. I always thought it was fresh prince for some reason but I'm unfamiliar with the show and it's not it i dont think

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Some tv show where some racists write some racist stuff on some black dudes car. I always thought it was fresh prince for some reason but I'm unfamiliar with the show and it's not it i dont think

A Different World
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0560123/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
This is gonna be a hell of a long shot but if someone manages to come through I will be amazed and grateful. At some point in my life I had an MP3 of the Boomtang Boys Microwave Mix cover of Popcorn, but it had portions of the dialogue from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Space Conflict from Beyond Pluto" laid over it. It couldn't have been any earlier than April 2002 when it came out for obvious reasons, and I think it was the sort of thing that got shared around in college networks rather than being published on the web anywhere. I want to say the artist was Chris Micali but it's possible I'm conflating something there. In any case I lost it at some point and can't find it anywhere.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

PantsOptional posted:

This is gonna be a hell of a long shot but if someone manages to come through I will be amazed and grateful. At some point in my life I had an MP3 of the Boomtang Boys Microwave Mix cover of Popcorn, but it had portions of the dialogue from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Space Conflict from Beyond Pluto" laid over it. It couldn't have been any earlier than April 2002 when it came out for obvious reasons, and I think it was the sort of thing that got shared around in college networks rather than being published on the web anywhere. I want to say the artist was Chris Micali but it's possible I'm conflating something there. In any case I lost it at some point and can't find it anywhere.

Before I do it did you check soulseek yet

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Before I do it did you check soulseek yet

No, I didn't even know it existed before your post.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
I'm trying to find a magazine article.

It was from an early-mid-2000s gaming magazine like Game Informer. The article itself was about a mech game that either was or was similar to one of the Armored Cores. It showed off a bunch of different mech designs that I think were submissions from readers. Of the designs, one had a name that was along the lines of Liberty or Freedom, and another of them was themed around being an in-universe advertisement for the Seattle's Best Coffee brand. There might have been a tournament between the designs but I'm not totally sure.

The concept of a Coffee Mech has been floating around in the back of my brain for years, and it'd be nice to know what it's actually a reference to.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Years ago there used to be a video on Youtube that took an excerpt from Commando (starting at where Schwarzenegger's holed up in the tool shed) and replaced the soundtrack with an overwrought rendition of the American national anthem. It would occasionally fade in black-and-white footage of stuff like boy scouts saluting the flag.

The original video was at
code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nl5yqmVOI
but it's long since been taken down.

Would anyone happen to have a copy?

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Several years back, my mother-in-law (rest her soul) visited Argentina and brought over some yerba mate tea. It was specifically this Chamana brand:

It was the first time I had yerba mate. I vaguely remember it tasting very sweet and fruity (for lack of a better description, it reminded me somewhat of the taste of milk after a bowl of Froot Loops). One of the best teas I've ever had!

I haven't been able to find that brand of tea ever since. I don't know if it's still being produced, even in Argentina. I tried looking for more yerba mate, but I only come across Guayakí brand, and it tastes like I faceplanted on the ground at a petting zoo.

Even if the tea is discontinued, I'll be happy with any recommendations that's similar.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Ive got one but its always so short on details i can never find anything.

When i was a kid, i was reading this book that was kind of in the style of those big board books "Eyewitness Guides" (see for example), only it was a fantasy book (I think).

I remember vaguely that there was one page that had a bunch of plants, one of which was deadly nightshade, and there were pictures of maybe? animals in armor with weapons, but it might have just been humans. Anyway the book wasnt a narrative but more like an encyclopedia of this fantasy world. Id love to find it again but i have no other memories beyond this scant description.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

OOrochi posted:

I'm trying to find a magazine article.

It was from an early-mid-2000s gaming magazine like Game Informer. The article itself was about a mech game that either was or was similar to one of the Armored Cores. It showed off a bunch of different mech designs that I think were submissions from readers. Of the designs, one had a name that was along the lines of Liberty or Freedom, and another of them was themed around being an in-universe advertisement for the Seattle's Best Coffee brand. There might have been a tournament between the designs but I'm not totally sure.

The concept of a Coffee Mech has been floating around in the back of my brain for years, and it'd be nice to know what it's actually a reference to.

Maybe Tips & Tricks, which had a regular section called Hard Core that was entirely user submissions of Armored Core mech designs? But all I can say for sure is that there's no coffee mech in issue 71. I guess flip through the cover pages here [https://www.retromags.com/magazines/usa/tips-and-tricks/], see if any ring a bell, and hope somebody scanned it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Several years back, my mother-in-law (rest her soul) visited Argentina and brought over some yerba mate tea. It was specifically this Chamana brand:

It was the first time I had yerba mate. I vaguely remember it tasting very sweet and fruity (for lack of a better description, it reminded me somewhat of the taste of milk after a bowl of Froot Loops). One of the best teas I've ever had!

I haven't been able to find that brand of tea ever since. I don't know if it's still being produced, even in Argentina. I tried looking for more yerba mate, but I only come across Guayakí brand, and it tastes like I faceplanted on the ground at a petting zoo.

Even if the tea is discontinued, I'll be happy with any recommendations that's similar.

that says "Earl Grey Mate", so its likely a blend of yerba mate and earl grey. have you tried that? Mate on its own is pretty similar to green tea; it's bitter and grassy and not anywhere near froot loops. It might be the bergamot you were tasting

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

uvar posted:

Maybe Tips & Tricks, which had a regular section called Hard Core that was entirely user submissions of Armored Core mech designs? But all I can say for sure is that there's no coffee mech in issue 71. I guess flip through the cover pages here [https://www.retromags.com/magazines/usa/tips-and-tricks/], see if any ring a bell, and hope somebody scanned it.

Ahhhhh, I think Tips & Tricks was it!

The Hard Core sections for AC3 look exactly like what I remember, which would put the one I want between issues 92 and 102. The issue 100 cover looks especially familiar too.
Sadly, only 95, 98, and 102 were uploaded so I can't confirm anything.

Still, that was a big help and now I at least have a much better idea as to what I'm looking for. Thanks!

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Ive got one but its always so short on details i can never find anything.

When i was a kid, i was reading this book that was kind of in the style of those big board books "Eyewitness Guides" (see for example), only it was a fantasy book (I think).

I remember vaguely that there was one page that had a bunch of plants, one of which was deadly nightshade, and there were pictures of maybe? animals in armor with weapons, but it might have just been humans. Anyway the book wasnt a narrative but more like an encyclopedia of this fantasy world. Id love to find it again but i have no other memories beyond this scant description.

This was posted back on page 66 of this thread:

http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.com/2013/10/monster-monster.html

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Not quite, but i still enjoyed reading about it. Thank you!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
There was a music video a couple years ago, not sure if it was fan made, that was only GIFs (or at least extremely GIF-able clips). One of them was I think the kids from ET on their bikes, another was a girl on an old playground roundabout.

No vocals, just a chill electronic beat.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Anyone remember from right at the beginning of covid there was a video of a big muscley guy getting his nose swabbed, and he was thrashing around and freaking out as if it was the most arduous torture anyone had ever been submitted to? It was absurd at the time but looking back now I'm sure it'd be moreso

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Riptor posted:

that says "Earl Grey Mate", so its likely a blend of yerba mate and earl grey. have you tried that? Mate on its own is pretty similar to green tea; it's bitter and grassy and not anywhere near froot loops. It might be the bergamot you were tasting

I’ve heard that Froot Loops are flavored with bergamot, so this tracks

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

unlimited shrimp posted:

There was a music video a couple years ago, not sure if it was fan made, that was only GIFs (or at least extremely GIF-able clips). One of them was I think the kids from ET on their bikes, another was a girl on an old playground roundabout.

This sounds like it could be the forums own 2DCat. I don’t know which particular song/ music video is the one you’re after, but thematically, it seems to fit

https://youtu.be/v5EGvg7hwXc

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

OK so it's not this, but it should be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIdUBVjyY5A

prick with tenure
May 21, 2007

Sorry, but that doesn't convulse my being.
A heavy metal music video where the band plays only air instruments. I think they were on a train or something.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

nocal posted:

nws my dude

AFistfulOfBitcoins
Feb 11, 2014

prick with tenure posted:

A heavy metal music video where the band plays only air instruments. I think they were on a train or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Meshuggah perhaps?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Since it came up in another thread, I'm looking for Second Life trolling video. It shows a stage at an open mic or poetry reading, and a guy is introduced. Instead of poetry, the avatar did a canned stripping animation to the theme song of Family Matters. He is ejaculating like a geyser the whole time. It sounds a lot more explicit than it actually is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? For the life of me I can't find the video.

Manager Hoyden fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 22, 2022

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Gasmask posted:

nws my dude

Food thing I'm working from home

:heysexy:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

nocal posted:

Wasn't this but this is very good so thank you.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

yaffle posted:

I'm looking for a parkour video I saw at least a decade ago on Vimeo, but their search function (or my brain) sucks so now it's gone.
It's shot near the sea in a Baltic state. (Estonia? Lithuania?)
Mostly takes place in a park or playground.
Had a bunch of little kids in it from time to time, near the end they pretend to beat up one of the guys from the parkour group.
Might have had Eminen in the soundtrack?
It seemed really well shot and might have been some sort of showreel for the guy who made it.

Found this whilst going through some old emails:
https://vimeo.com/6495648

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Hello friends! Some of you may remember (probably not, though) that I've posted in this thread several times looking for an internet series that featured montages of old movies with music.

I found it! It's as good as I remember, so I thought I'd share. It was a short-lived TV show called Forbidden Transmission from 2007.

Some of the episodes are available on YouTube (see below). I highly recommend checking it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE7FUaknm3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6_6mpoVlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADcoAT04Rg

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dr.D-O posted:

Hello friends! Some of you may remember (probably not, though) that I've posted in this thread several times looking for an internet series that featured montages of old movies with music.

I found it! It's as good as I remember, so I thought I'd share. It was a short-lived TV show called Forbidden Transmission from 2007.

Some of the episodes are available on YouTube (see below). I highly recommend checking it out.

These look interesting, saved for later. :)

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Long shot here but some mug posting had me remember this. I visited Solvang California a few years back, and in one of their fancy art galleries they had a mug collection of medium to very large mugs that had what could be considered Viking, or sort of fantasy dwarf faces, on the side. Large protruding and expertly carved/made and nicely colored/glazed. I wrote down the name on the pieces but it turns out it's just the name of the gallery (stix and stones). The place was very adamant about not photographing what they had on display. If this sounds like a potter you know I'd love to get my hands on one of these.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"i can't remeber what i am searching for" :corsair:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Couldn't you contact the Stix and Stones Gallery? I can't find a website (odd), but I did find a phone number.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Goodpancakes posted:

Long shot here but some mug posting had me remember this. I visited Solvang California a few years back, and in one of their fancy art galleries they had a mug collection of medium to very large mugs that had what could be considered Viking, or sort of fantasy dwarf faces, on the side. Large protruding and expertly carved/made and nicely colored/glazed. I wrote down the name on the pieces but it turns out it's just the name of the gallery (stix and stones). The place was very adamant about not photographing what they had on display. If this sounds like a potter you know I'd love to get my hands on one of these.

Nothing really shows up on google but in the UK a large mug with a face on it would be a Toby Jug, might help?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Does anyone remember "Superhero Pool Party"?

About 15 or more years ago, it was an early viral video set to Poison's "Nothin' But A Good Time" of various (mostly Marvel?) superheroes having a pool party and it was all just goofy fun. I did a few searches but can't seem to find evidence of it, but it possibly might have been a combination of being hosted on a non-Youtube video site, before people started regularly saving video off of streaming sites, and when DMCA takedowns of content was more active, which could explain why it's gone.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Goodpancakes posted:

poster Uriah Heep just posted one like this in the post your favorite coffee mug thread here in GBS, maybe ask them?

edit: this is what they posted

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Dr.D-O posted:

Excellent.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Riptor posted:

Clockwerk posted:

I’ve heard that Froot Loops are flavored with bergamot, so this tracks

:aaaaa:

Well, that explains a lot! Funny enough, at the time, I used to hate Earl Gray tea, but nowadays I've fallen in love with it after wondering that maybe I just had a bad sample when I was younger (and I guess I never really paid much attention to the Chamana label at the time). I never put the two and two together, but now I don't feel so bad if I can't find this particular yerba mate blend now. I guess I could just make my own blend!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
A Kids in the Hall sketch. I swear to God it existed but it may be kinda scrubbed due to its offensiveness.

It's two characters, I can't remember who played them exactly but I think one was Dave Foley. They're at an island vacation spot (I think) and one guy is trying to sell the other guy (I think Foley) all sorts of stuff and the guy keeps saying he isn't interested. Finally the guy says "You uhh... want a sex with young island boy?" And the other guy is like "I thought you'd never ask" and the guy says "Fifty dollars" which the guy is fine with, and the other guy says "Hah you should have haggle I would have gone as low as twenty" and the other guy says "I'd have paid a hundred."

It is funnier than I'm making it out to be but it appears lost to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Splicer posted:

Ls Ts and Is makes me think Palatinate Blue? (Not palatinate that's a different colour). It's a very striking colour so I could see it making an impression. Nothing to do with china though.

e: http://blue.colorcode.is/shades

drat this is the closest… but it doesn’t make me go AHA so maybe not