Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ohhyeah posted:

I’m trying to remember a mid-90s? computer game. It was one of those educational/arty games for kids with multiple modules.

The only module I can remember you would place moving colored spheres on a top-down fields. They would move with whatever momentum you gave them so you could get them going really fast. There were different fields with peaks and valleys that would make the spheres grow bigger or smaller as they moved. The whole thing had a real techno shiny CG vibe with a cool techno soundtrack

Have you tried the 'help us remember the name of a computer game' thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

!Klams posted:

It's like a meme video, badly animated of an imperial guard trooper marching across various backgrounds, with some funny music playing. I got the impression it's a format where you'd have different people doing the walking, but I only ever saw that one?

... Was it a Brodyquest parody?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If there's a like 'find me an SA thread' thread maybe this would be better for that but in some thread there was a goon who ?knew? a guy who had this very strict idea of what the perfect mens suit "should" be
and posted photos of the finished product and it was like this tall lanky white guy with long blonde hair in a mao-collared suit of a garish red and gold brocade fabric
he may or may not have been wearing combat boots with it

another lost SA thread is an E/N thread by a guy who'd never celebrated christmas before and needed to know what people's traditions were so he could make christmas special for his boyfriend

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Zathril posted:

Was it this?

I couldn't find the original thread but I found this one which says it was originally posted by Dienes and also has more pictures.

gently caress YES IT IS THANK YOU

e; and the thread links to his deviantart which is full of other fashion decisions, incredible

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 18, 2023

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Polsy posted:

For future refence https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257 but the lost/forgotten stuff threads tend to end up pretty interchangeable

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519501

Thank you!!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Somehow this feels like identity theft

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pasketti posted:

oh. well, 70's-80's Sesame street is a pretty good show to watch while drunk or high so its not too late to experience it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbgRyColvE :catdrugs:

i am 100% sober and 'arrivederci, frog' still killed me
i have the sense of humour of a 4 year old

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Slugworth posted:

Ok, this one is from when I was a kid, I was told a story about how one day, there was gonna be this big climactic event, and only a select group of people were gonna be saved from it. Any ideas?

... The rapture?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Does anyone have a copy of "Cradle and All" by James Patterson published before the year 2000?

- This book has been published several times over the years, with updates to technology and pop culture (the 2000 edition mentions email, the 2016 edition mentions Twitter, etc)
- According to Goodreads, it was first published in 1980
- It may have been published under the title "Virgin"

Anyone have leads?

Not willing to pay a premium, I'd prefer to borrow a copy from a library or if someone wants to lend it to me for free I'll pay for shipping

Thriftbooks has 27 different editions each for about $4, looks like

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Last year I saw a screening of the 4K restoration of the movie Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama. I have this movie on DVD, but the transfer is vhs quality. The restoration was beautiful, but as far as I can tell, apart from a few clips on YouTube promoting the restoration, seeing it in a theatre is the one way to experience it. I hope one day it's either released on Blu-ray or else leaks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

On the topic of ugly sweaters, there was a sweater of a cat coming out of the side seam that was really popular around like 2017 but then there was a purposefully badly drawn knockoff of that sweater that was maybe even more popular. They both disappeared off aliexpress before I could buy them and haven't popped up since, I'd love to know where they went