Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
This can be a cool thread where goons can post stuff they've been trying to find for years but have been unable to, like maybe the name of an old TV show, or a piece of media that they know exists but they cannot dig up, etc.

Mine is a short "film" that Sci-Fi channel used to show a lot in the mid to late 90s. It was called Suspicious and it starred Janeane Garofalo as a gas station clerk working the night shift. I remember it being a really creepy horror/thriller short. Here is the IMDB page for it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111324/

The director of the short used to have it on his YouTube page according to Google, but he has since deleted himself off YouTube. I've checked absolutely everywhere and have no idea how I can find this so that I may see it again. I'd really love to, if only so that I could try to close the chapter in my life of trying to see it again.

Anyway feel free to post your "white whale" and maybe with Goon PowerŪ we can make each other's dreams come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Mine is a short "film" that Sci-Fi channel used to show a lot in the mid to late 90s. It was called Suspicious and it starred Janeane Garofalo as a gas station clerk working the night shift. I remember it being a really creepy horror/thriller short. Here is the IMDB page for it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111324/

The director of the short used to have it on his YouTube page according to Google, but he has since deleted himself off YouTube. I've checked absolutely everywhere and have no idea how I can find this so that I may see it again. I'd really love to, if only so that I could try to close the chapter in my life of trying to see it again.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Does anyone know what game this screen shot is from?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

yeah yeah that's nice and all but can someone help me find this loving Janeen Garofoalo short from 1994 in the drat OP

frh
Dec 6, 2014

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Hoping the "PM'd you" edit means you found some :files: , but my husband and I have been digging around, too. Michael Rooker (aka Merle from Walking Dead) is in it, too. I found a link to a youtube on some 2011 website going that avenue, but alas, "this video is unavailable".

I'm trying, OP.

Unfortunately no, the OP didn't find it :(

It sucks so much more knowing it was once uploaded to YouTube but is now gone (and wasn't even taken down for copyright reasons or anything).

This sucks.

I think more likely than someone hoping someone has a VHS copy of it would be hoping some digital packrat kept the YouTube rip on their hard drive or something. Or maybe someone knowing the director and them being cool and re-uploading it.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Goodpancakes posted:

It might be on this weird French steaming site but I don't speak French and I kind of lost interest. click at your own risk

I appreciate the effort but the site is fake as gently caress. It just lists every movie ever made on IMDB and makes up fake links to streams to try to get you to download poo poo/buy poo poo.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Lostprophets

frh
Dec 6, 2014

I'm still looking for the movie short in the OP :(

frh
Dec 6, 2014

wa27 posted:

Seems more recently there has been some "lost media" buffs tracking down a lot of short films from the SciFi show "Exposure", including that one, though they haven't found it yet. Check out the spreadsheet linked here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/comments/i5klol/scffi_channel_exposure_short_films_everything_so/

Here's a commercial for it at least:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-T1zLkfIWA&t=143s

Thanks so much for checking.

The thing that's so infuriating is how the entire movie was up on Youtube up until not too long ago. Just no one thought to save it. :(

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Just wanted to pop in the thread to say I had been looking for downloads of the Friar's Club roasts (they are essentially "Comedy Central Roasts" but from before they started naming the show that) and I could not find them on any torrent site or even usenet. Just went on SoulSeek and every single one of them is there, and available for download.

Hope this info helps someone out there.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Mr.Chill posted:

Back in the early 2000's I saw the local Ohio band Vic Daniels Quartet perform and they slayed. At that gig I bought their album With The Crows (home burned cd, paper label). It was my #1 driving music for a long time. Years pass and many moves later that cd gets lost.

I've been searching for that album for about ten years now. A few piss poor live recordings are up online, but not the whole thing and not the good pro recordings the cd had. The band since broken up and hate each other; none have responded to my attempts to contact.

It's probably lost media at this point but I can't stop searching until I have it and have uploaded each song for the world to enjoy (properly credited, of course).

It's on Soulseek

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Anyone find my white wale from the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So this is a bit of an oddball one: back in the early 1990s, I was in the service and stationed in the UK. A buddy and I were both big music buffs and we still had record players (this was back when vinyl LPs and singles had long fallen out of fashion and well before the "boutique" vinyl industry had even begun to sprout up), so on occasion we'd stop in to a store that sold used records in the British town not far from where our base was. Usually we'd go there looking for a specific thing (they had everything from classic funk to the neckbeardiest prog to the hardest crustpunk/grindcore you could think of), but sometimes if a record was cheap enough, we'd grab it purely for novelty value if it looked like it'd be worth a few chuckles.

My friend was big into funk, R&B, and hip-hop/rap, and one day he came across a record for like £1 that he grabbed purely because he couldn't stop laughing at it. As I recall, the cover featured an elderly black man in the standard hip-hop gear of the 1980s: Adidas shoes and tracksuit and a Kangol hat, with his arms folded and striking a typical "rap" pose against a red background (the back cover had him in the same outfit, but striking a radically different pose, with one thumb in his mouth and one apparently in his rear end). The liner notes claimed he was the first ever rapper, way back in the 1950s or 1960s, and apparently he'd decided to cut a whole new set of tracks. Imagine if you took like the subjects of an old Redd Foxx standup routine, and made it a rap song. Just the filthiest, crudest poo poo that'd make Dolemite blush. I don't remember his name, or the name of the album, but I do remember one of the tracks was called "Baby Fat", which I'm sure is as crude as I remember it being.

I'm interested in finding it, even on YouTube or whatever, purely for comedy value. I remember my friend took it home, played it, and came back by my place the next day asking if I could hold on to it for him because, and I quote, "I can't have this in my house with my kids". I forget if he ever got it back or if it just got lost when I ended up moving back to the US about a year later. But I remember that particular thing every so often, not for the quality of the music, but for how we'd occasionally drink a couple of beers and laugh our asses off listening to it.

I searched every music database I could find and nothing is matching for the song "Baby Fat" with that type of artist. Are you sure that was the name of the song?