Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Earwicker posted:

late 80's/earlyt 90's top down space shooter for the Amiga (and probably Atari ST and C64) where you pilot a very fast ship around and jump through warp gates and either fight or collect varying kinds of polygons

kind of like asteroids but trippier. i think it came on a "Fred Fish" disk

This sounds a lot like Snare by Thalamus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ActHUhQZb8I

Though you said it came on a Fish Disk so probably not.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Nobody is going to get this, but here goes:

A children's book about a young boy who decides to turn himself into a petrol pump as he is unhappy with his life. This slowly happens when he runs away from home, sticks 2 fingers in his ear, is made to swallow an abacus and more weird stuff. At the end his parents come along and pump petrol from him without knowing it is their son.

The abacus swallowing is part of his transformation into a real petrol pump as it forms his display. He also gets violently kicked in the shins by his first customer when he is unable to produce any petrol due to nerves.

I know this sounds like a fever dream and for years I was convinced I'd made it up, but thanks to this thread and DuckDuckGo, I found a goodreads thread where someone was asking about the exact same book.

It may have been part of a collection of short stories too as I don't remember the story being very long.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Evil Vin posted:

My parents put me to sleep

Bit harsh.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Xarthor posted:

Okay so there's a movie I saw back around 1999-2001 and I'm pretty sure it would have been on Showtime because that's the only movie channel we had back then.

I honestly don't remember the major plot points of the movie other than there was a black kid (teenager?) and he wanted to play the piano but they lived in the projects and they were too poor and his mom was really mean to him about it. So he took the white tablecloth and drew a piano keyboard on it and would sit there and "practice" on the piano by tapping on the kitchen table like a real keyboard. And I'm pretty sure there was like an element of the whole thing where he could hear the music in his head?

The movie was kind of sad but also interesting and they used to show it really late so I only always caught the first part of the movie before I had to go to bed.

Somebody has asked about this film in this very thread, you should PM them and swap notes!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Foul Ole Ron posted:

I'm looking for a game that was either on the Atari St or the Apple Macintosh (Preforma era).

Was of a small blue guy who had to progress up this tower or wall. The wall was sandstone coloured. The ending screen was the character looking at the screen at the top of the tower/summit and smiling.

This sounds like Nebulus.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Unfinish3d posted:

There was a PS1 game I had as a kid. It was a shooter, where you were flying into the screen (like starfox). The backgrounds were all pre-rendered. I remember one of the first bosses being a mechanical scorpion thing. The game had 3-4 discs (because of the pre-rendered backgrounds I assume). It came out pretty early in the PS1's lifecycle, so probably in 97 I think

That's all I can remember about it, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about I've been trying to remember what this game was called all day

e: Thought I remembered it being made or published by Psygnosis but I glanced through their PS1 catalog and didn't find it

Isn't this Colony Wars? It was published by Psygnosis and came on 2 discs.

EDIT - Or G-Police, also by Psygnosis and which came on 2 discs.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 13, 2019

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

wankel13b posted:

1) Video game for Commodore 64, late '80s-early 90s. Top-down, post apocalyptic setting. I know for sure you drive a car, I am not sure if you can get out and walk. Defining feature in my mind is that you collected cans of slu.

5th Gear by Hewson?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BMX Ninja posted:

This was the game I had in mind at first before I found the right one. I think I got 5th Gear on a covertape from Zzap! magazine in the UK and I played it to death.

I loved 5th Gear. Awesome title music, too.

I was a Commodore Format kid, though.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

GreatMrPopo posted:

There was a fake catalog i remember reading as a kid, in the mid 90's, just to set the era. A Russian kid in my social studies class, 6th grade, had lent it to me. The book was full of pencil illustrations of all the various gag gifts, including underwear that could inflate (of course, a google search for inflatable underwear was not very useful), and other bizarre and useless inventions. Each illustration had a description about each item. It was a real book, i remember enjoying the clever descriptions and all round quirkiness of the whole ordeal. I would then show the book to all my friends in each of my different 6th grade periods, giggling in the middle of class. WTF was that name of the book!? /i can only remember what it looked like, but the Title escapes me! The cover was mostly white, or maybe cool gray, and it would have had some of the illustrations on the cover as well. There might have been some shade of blue along the spine and the title area.

Was it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPaNTxEhfzs

But perhaps an American version?

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 20, 2019

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Someone posted a youtube video a while back in GBS that was a really god awful song by three sisters or twins or something...older- ish I think. Maybe they were wearing like green dresses or something?

The Shaggs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 20, 2019

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Polaron posted:

When I was a kid our PC had, like, a demo compilation installed on it. I only remember two game demos that were on it: Mechwarrior 2 and a puzzle game called Endorfun (you controlled a cube and there were a lot of flashing colors and patterns and that's about the extent of my memories).

The connective tissue of the demo CD involved you running around a space station and the games were displayed on giant monitors. The station had all these secret rooms and passages filled with gold coins that didn't seem to have any actual purpose. There was even an intro movie that involved a gunfight between space fighters, one of which was in the hangar on the station.

What on earth was this? Nobody I've talked to has ever encountered it before.

Games for Windows 95 Sampler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFXV2McmwoA

(Our family PC came with this, too)

Here's the Space Station you're on about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpTHVAUY48M

There was even a sequel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtHnqJ7SCg

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 24, 2019

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Slightly Absurd posted:

I'm far from fluent in french, but it sounds kinda like "je n'ai tu tu as", which didn't really help anything in my google search. If I had to guess, I would assume this was some french-canadian band, but it does seem kinda odd that something from relatively recently and so well produced could be so elusive, even if it were just some sort of one off filler song from some obscure show/movie

I get the feeling it's from one of those really obscure artists that they feature on in-store music systems like Moodmedia. Back when I worked in retail we had such a system with some admittedly really catchy songs that i'd never heard before, and half the fun was googling the lyrics later to try to identify them. Most of them, I couldn't.

This really does sound an awful lot like the kind of thing our store used to play. Catchy, memorable, but unidentifiable. It's driving me crazy trying to find out, to be honest!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

wit posted:

At the end of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, ep 2. Right after Amanda, the hallucinating sister flips off the Rowdy 8 stalker van while playing the drums in the garage, the credits roll and they play a different credits song. I really liked it, it was all triumphant and chiptune sounding. I've searched high and low but can't find it on anything.

It's an original piece by Series 1 composer Cristobal Tapia de Veer.

He also did the soundtracks to Utopia and Humans (don't know if they were popular programmes in the USA but they were in the UK.)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

wit posted:

Does that make him too big to contact and ask for an mp3 of a long version? I sort of thought the end credit of ep 1 might have been part of ep 2.

Anyway, you led me to this link which is full delivery in description, thanks! I didn't realize he was a full incidental musician, so can't really ask for more than the 40 seconds of a track. Makes more sense now.

Also thanks for not rightfully attacking me for calling them the Rowdy 8, when there's clearly 5 of them.

No problem! I've never seen Dirk Gently but it looks pretty good so I might check it out. I'm very familiar with the composer though, he's not a huge name so you might have luck asking for a longer version if you can find a way to contact him :)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I have a blanket that I *think* was bought in Germany in the late 70s or early 80s. It's branded "DuPont" and I got it secondhand as a small child. It's cool in the summer and warm in the winter and it's one of the only possessions that I still have from my childhood. Despite three decades of constant use it's still fluffy as new after everytime I wash it. My kids use it now but I've always been curious about the origins or if anyone else ever had one.

DuPont are an industrial bioscience leader, they don't make blankets but they do make filling for them, as well as many other things:

http://biosciences.dupont.com/our-story/

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've got white whales I'm not even going to bother with because I discovered them independently and they weren't pop culture related so there's no chance anyone's ever seen them

Oooh, hark at me with my independently discovered white whales!

Only kidding, give it a go - you'd be surprised at what people in this thread can dig up!

(Although nobody knows mine, i've tried DOZENS of sites now and only found one other person who knew what I was on about, and THEY didn't know the name of the book either!)

In fact, i'll repost mine just in case fresh eyes are viewing this:

A children's book about a young boy who decides to turn himself into a petrol pump as he is unhappy with his life. This slowly happens when he runs away from home, sticks 2 fingers in his ear, is made to swallow an abacus and more weird stuff. At the end his parents come along and pump petrol from him without knowing it is their son.

The abacus swallowing is part of his transformation into a real petrol pump as it forms his display. He also gets violently kicked in the shins by his first customer when he is unable to produce any petrol due to nerves.

I know this sounds like a fever dream and for years I was convinced I'd made it up, but thanks to this thread and DuckDuckGo, I found a goodreads thread where someone was asking about the exact same book.

It may have been part of a collection of short stories too as I don't remember the story being very long.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pretty good posted:

Sounds a lot like it could be something by Paul Jennings

e. I just flicked through all the books listed on there and it doesn't look like a match. Really similar vibe to his stuff tho!!!

I really feel like you're very close with this! He's written similar books with other authors, so it could be one of them. Thanks for the lead :)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone made a pretty good pun or perhaps it was a play on words on the live forums and I don't remember anything about it other than someone commented on how solid it was and I know I won't find it because I can't remember poo poo anymore

Was it the incredibly awesome idea in QCS recently to rename TGRS "Minority Rapport"?

Because that is a loving brilliant play on words.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

just another posted:

A British crime show about a doctor who solves crimes, also he rides a bicycle. Came out maybe around 2005?

This sounds like Father Brown, except the bicycle riding amateur sleuth is a Catholic Priest, and it started in 2013.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

BBC has a shitton of series about crime solving non-police and the men all have curly brown hair. the one i remember most features a magician's assistant working for Anthony Stewart Head.

Giles, from Buffy. He plays a stage magician.

Jonathan Creek. Owned until Caroline Quentin left after Series 3.

Also Anthony Head was only in the Pilot episode.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 12, 2020

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Scaramouche posted:

The second one:
Harder trance that sampled the original Akira soundtrack; not the movie itself necessarily. Had a persisting female vocal that cut in and out a bit like FSOL Papua New Guinea. The female vocal cut was almost used like a choral synth to bring about the climax of the build/break, with again fuzzed bass/piano probably closer to sandstorm/zombie nation (the songs are not similar, the synths used I mean). This was my "go to" peak record that I'd build up to when everyone's drugs were going off. The sleeve was interesting, I remember it being mostly white, with complex blue line art. I want to say it may have been an aerial view of neo tokyo, but I seem to remember it being denser and more detailed than that. I wanna say the word "astro" was involved, though looking at Astrofonik's catalog they don't have anything before 2006, which this definitely would have been. Same with DJ Astroboy.

Note: This was not Sunbeam "Outside World".

No idea about the record sleeve but this sounds very much like Pablo Gargano - Everyone's Future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDUQaE-nUAM

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Scaramouche posted:

You bloody genius. You were dead on about the art, which I recognized immediately, but not the track. However I was able to take that info to Discogs.com (invaluable for some of these visual memories) and found what I am tentatively going to say is it, "The Ultimate Frontier" from his Girotondo album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bn0nqVdY8

This is actually a lot harder/techier than I remember. Bizarrely the art I remember isn't from the Girotondo album but instead the "EVE (x)" releases, e.g. EVE 23, that kind of thing. I believe the B-Side is Cockfosters from EVE 23, which has the syncopated female vocal I was misremembering. Or possibly a trancier remix of it? Because I remember that part being a really effective trance breakdown whereas on this cut it's closer to hard house and barely used.

EDIT-Holy crap of course I know Pablo he did Senza Volto, can't believe I've been missing it this long.

Glad I could help you find it, Everyone's Future is an absolute banger that I used to spin a lot back in the day, Pablo Gargano has a few tracks where he samples Akira as well.

I'm trying to think of what your first track could be but it's a bit vague lol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Julius CSAR posted:

Back in probably ‘96 or ‘97 I was reading a gaming magazine, which I’m fairly certain was an issue of Next Generation there was an article and also an on disc video about a very early in development game that I want to say was called Virus where you had to fight a computer virus in a virtual world, but the game scanned your computer and the world you fought in was based on whatever hardware you had in your system. I never heard anything else about it and I’ve never dig up anything else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus:_The_Game

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Julius CSAR posted:

Goddamnit it. It was that loving easy :(

If it's any consolation, it's a terrible game!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

An animated/live action movie (tv show?) where some guy has a magic artist's palette.

Penny Crayon?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Crayon

Another one could be the character Smart Arty from UK Kids show Zzzap! Who used to draw things which then became "real"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJ91XZLwe4

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Salvanis posted:

Did a few minutes of googling and digging on discogs and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgW-iEGukTc

You mean you went to the NMD thread

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

Just caught up on this thread and it's been a fun ride. I have a few, if anyone can help!

1. When studying abroad in Scotland in 2005 or 2006, the place I stayed had a TV and there were like 4 channels on it. There was some kind of comedy show on one night where it seemed like viewers sent in videos of tricks they did, and one has stuck with me. I wish I remembered the channel, but we just had the basic 4.

Anyway, a guy sent in a video demonstrating an escape trick, where he tied himself to a bed without a shirt on, and a sheet was stretched 2 feet above his chest. Then a hot iron was placed on the sheet, and he had to untie himself before the iron burned through the sheet and landed on his bare chest.

But like, he didn't! So it burnt through and then burned his chest really bad and they showed pictures of it healing weeks afterward.

I know this is pretty vague but it was wild enough to stick with me.

Dirty Tricks, on Channel 4.

It's not the stupidest escape he's attempted, unsurprisingly.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

DerekSmartymans posted:

The Out-of-Towners?

That plot memory sounds dead on point. Incidentally, they remake that movie every decade or so. Tina Fey was in one.

Was that the goddawful Date Night with Steve Carell?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Songbearer posted:

Old flash cartoon which was stick figures rendered in a chunky way, it was a music video which had a man pining over a woman and he winds up accidentally killing a cat or dog or something. At one point he's smoking and another he's drinking a coffee

This is the music video to "Doorsteps" by Lodger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zsWb5Mb8s

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Arbite posted:

There was a british romcom from about the 90s, had a guy time travel back one year before he screwed up his relationship with his girlfriend. She catches him cheating by saying "A friend saw you going into someone's house' which gets him to confess the first time he hears it (after first claiming it had been a friends house) but the second after the time travel. They don't end up together in any event and I think she was cheating on him too?

Some festivity, possibly only local, was happening around this time and seeing last years decor is his first clue he's gone back in time.

Sounds like the Nicholas Lyndhurst sitcom "Goodnight Sweetheart" although the details don't entirely match.

It's about a married guy who discovers a portal to WWII London and starts a relationship with a woman there. He makes money in the present by taking antiques from the past with him and uses his knowledge of future events to gain various advantages when in the past.

In the present he has a friend who is the only one who knows about the time travel and covers for him to his wife.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Tea Bone posted:

I realise this is a super long shot but several years ago I posted in this thread (or possibly one of it's predeccessors) about a piece of music in the background of a youtube video.

I finally managed to find identify it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks1-7ioBHoQ

However, I still have never been able to pinpoint where I knew it from previously.

I know it was from a TV advert but I would really like to know what advert it was for no reason other than it has been bugging me for years.

It was an ad run on British TV, my guess would have been around 2010 but could have been a few years either side of that. I feel like it could have been a Christmas advert but that might just be the twinkly music telling me that. Something in my mind says it was for a fabric softener but that could be way off.

You were pretty close with fabric softener, it was an Ambi Pur advert from 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRSoWr_xLEw

edit - Higher quality version here.

(Also, the voice-over is non other than Helena Bonham-Carter!)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 19, 2021

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

When we and the world were young, my husband's sister, who'd been in school in Vienna and Greece, gave us two brandy glasses labeled "Er" and "Sie" that were tulip-shaped and had glass lids to keep the aroma in. They've long since been broken in moves, but I'd love to find them again. Can anybody guess at search terms? "Lidded brandy glass" gives me "nosing glasses" which aren't quite right.

https://wineandtableware.com/products/brandy-snifter-set-of-2-brandy-glasses-with-glass-lids-in-a-gift-tube

"Er" and "Sie" simply means "He" and "She" in German, so essentially they were His & Hers glasses.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 5, 2021

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I have another book request!

I posted this in TBB a while ago, and got no response.

Another children's book, definitely British this time. Published sometime in the early to mid 90s.

It's about a family who move into an old farmhouse and the children make contact with the ghosts of a family that lived there in Victorian times. One of them died from a broken neck after he fell off his horse, I remember that detail vividly.

Another detail I remember vividly is that contact is first made through a computer chess game that the children play on. Part of me thinks the chess game was of the "battle chess" style but I may be misremembering.

At one point, the two children dress up as ghosts using bedsheets (one or both of them is stripey) and one of them stands on a bit of Lego, waking up their parents. I think they were trying to scare the ghosts away or something.

I have no idea how the story ended but you'd think with those details someone would know this, wouldn't you?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Charles Ford posted:

I have four, vague memories I'd like to try and renew:

1) some sort of children's book, where it rains chocolate raindrops. It may have been entirely comic, or a mixture of illustrations and story, but I recall the raindrops looked very much like Cadbury's Buttons and the whole thing sounded delicious.

2) similar to 1, but even more vague, something about a blue banana

3) I think it was a UK children's show (I have a vague feeling it was a Saturday morning and ITV? But that's probably wrong), all I really remember was green slime coming out from under a bed over a white carpet, like a monster was about to be revealed. It terrified me at the time which is why this memory stuck, but I don't remember much else.

4) animated movie, a young boy (or girl?) is on an alien planet, and eats some alien fruit from strange trees/plants.

I'm not sure anyone will get 2 or 3, but 1 and 4 seem like someone must have seen them before!

1&2 were both Hamlyn Robin books, I remember reading them at school. The first is simply called "The Chocolate Rain" and the second "The Blue Banana"

Robin Books: Chocolate Rain Story Bk. 6 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0600381838/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_T1HC374PC96PPG719TKN

Robin Books: Blue Banana (A Hamlyn robin book) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0600381862/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_W6Y8J8J2GZDJSGN799VJ

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

eating only apples posted:

A UK public safety film that I saw in primary school in 1993-1998 in Norwich, if anyone local might recall it

It was a building site one, but not Building Sites Bite, I've watched that one and it's just not the same. I remember it being more modern than 70s also. The bits I remember of it were in first-person perspective of a kid wandering across a building site, like balancing across a wooden beam which fell, and digging in a heap of sand that collapsed on them. There must have been third-person bits too, because I remember the kid being dark-haired, gender non-specific. Does anyone remember this? I'm not expecting to find it but even someone else recalling it would be great.

"Game Over" by HSE, from 1997

https://forums.lostmediawiki.com/thread/4420/lost-building-site-splaat-named?page=1

(I remember watching this in secondary school, when we were past the age of playing on building sites!)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 26, 2022

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

8 Ball posted:

I’m looking for a book of weird/unusual ‘facts’ from at least 25 years ago that would’ve been available in the UK - I believe it was collected or endorsed by a radio DJ maybe? I think there was a caricature of him on the front at his desk. The stand out story I remember is a jazz player hitting the exact tone of some internal organ and exploding on stage, I’ve since googled and found the ‘real’ story but that one sticks with me.

Radio 1 DJ Steve Wright did a whole series of this sort of book, could be him

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does anyone know where I can get these toys IRL? I've tried over a dozen places, from walmart to target to even dollar stores and nobody has them

https://www.amazon.com/ArtCreativity-Poppers-Assorted-Impulse-Dropper/dp/B07D8JH4T3

I get the impression that they had a fad recently and it seems like they've died out again already. I remember thinking they were a lot of fun as a kid and I know somebody who would like them

What's stopping you from ordering them from Amazon?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Flipperwaldt posted:

Some years back I saw a 9/11 documentary that had a scene (reconstruction?) of some firemen trying to leave presumably one of the twin towers and they find themselves in an eerily unscathed hallway where the elevators seem to work. They debate, then gamble on riding one down.

After years of watching reruns, I haven't seen that one again.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14734548/?ref_=ext_shr

This is more recent, but includes LOTS of footage from firefighters so might include what you're looking for, if it wasn't a re-enactment.

I highly recommend watching this series anyway, probably the best 9/11 documentary you'll see.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

emSparkly posted:

A long rear end time ago some company ran a proto-gamepass style service called Gametap that I had as a kid. It introduced me to a ton of games and stuff that really shaped my tastes and gave me an appreciation for retro stuff.

They had some deal with Sega and included a ton of their games for download, including a few awesome Dreamcast games. This included a few that absolutely never had PC ports, like Toy Commander and Chu Chu Rocket. This means that either this company had a Dreamcast emulator that ran flawlessly on a 2006 era Intel Celeron, or it was some kind of streaming deal that somehow worked flawlessly on our DSL connection. Either way, I would love to find the secret to however the gently caress they got that working.

The service also had a lot of videos to watch including some series where they got rappers to play retro games and that's probably all lost media now.

Gametap used a Virtual Console I believe, with a dedicated Dreamcast emulator (likely produced by Sega.)

Gametap later launched a VOD service with its own original content, including quite bizarrely the Lara Croft Tomb Raider animated series (where Lara was somewhat oddly voiced by Minnie Driver!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

eating only apples posted:

This is driving me crazy. This song (I think it's a slowed down version) is super popular rn in tiktoks and shorts, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1ZIClHxjM

and it makes my brain go "ooh that sounds like something". A spark of recognition every time and I cannot place what it reminds me of. That kinda nasal "so preeeettyyyy".

Obviously there are loads of songs with vocals like that due to the very obvious application of auto-tune (even by artists that don't require it!) and this type of music (hyperpop) has been around for years.

Check out basically any of the tracks in this list.

Edit - After mulling it over for a bit, it sounds like Ladytron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2MdJKYsapg

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 6, 2023