Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
a parody of "Informer" to which the chorus was "i'm a farmer, get up at 4 in the morning and use my hands to milk the moo moo cows" which used to play on the albany, ny pop radio morning show in the 1990s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Molybdenum posted:

kids book about a train that gets lost in some dark woods. i remember the primary colors being oranges/reds and black. couldve been 70s to 80s.

how tf does a train get lost....

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Super longshot here but here goes:
I saw Once Upon a Time in...Hollywood last weekend and I'm trying to find the name/artist of one of the songs that was used and it's driving me crazy.
The movie takes place in 1969 so the song would be from around that time. The song is played (I think) during a scene where we see Rick and Cliff driving away from Rick's house. In the movie you only hear a snippet of the song, roughly 10-15 seconds long. It's a male singing, but I couldn't really clearly make out any of the words, but he may have said "darling" and something about "tears". The clip used in the movie also has a bunch of horns, trumpets, etc.
I've looked at the track listing for the official sound track and listened to bits of the songs that I don't already know and none of them are sounding like the song I'm thinking of. Wish I could provide less vague info but that's all I've got. Any ideas?

https://screenrant.com/once-upon-time-hollywood-movie-soundtrack-songs/ this post has every song in the movie with descriptions of the scenes they play during

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

like ten years ago a friend gave me some mp3s from a band who was named music video

i can't remember any of the track names and it's literally impossible to search for this band

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

fuckin A, thank you

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

1) There was a guy on Howard Stern referred to as Eric The Midget, and he briefly hosted a country show. One of the songs that he played went "kai-yai-diggy-diggy kai-yai-diggy-diggy hey HEY hey HEEEEEEYYYY" and I heard no actual word lyrics, lol.

https://youtu.be/ubSCPBkTyWY ?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Same. Sven just hosed a robot's hip-socket, too.

The author really went all in with "yeah robots gently caress" like last year or whatever and it's been interesting since he already covered Bi/Gay/Trans relationships

Could it be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NhqN0KcWAE
Or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6r-k9Bk6o
i bet it's "drat i wish i was your lover" because it's got lyrics about having lesbian sex so it makes sense that their parents would turn off the tv if they might hear it

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Speaking of, this is more general - but is there any archive of all those great/terrible early Nick/Cartoon Network/Fox Kids/Kids WB Internet Flash games? I would love to be able to play them again.
check here? https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Queefer Sutherland posted:

Around 7ish years ago, there was a show on Discovery or one of those types of networks. It was about a genius who was in a different situation each episode, and showed how to make certain things for survival, and just for fun.

One episode he made a potato launcher that he shot through a metal grate in an attempt to make French Fries, and in another he made one of those redneck hot tubs.

I think “Genius” was in the title, but I’m stumped.

hi stumped, i'm dad, does this look familiar ? https://stuckwithhackett.wordpress.com/2011/09/22/really-freaking-fast-food/

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Nooo it would def be a Flash/Shockwave game. Big sprite, you’re controlling the robot in a platformer-esque way. It probably is way too obscure to figure out, and I can’t even confirm my recollections are 100% correct. Just a couple images in the recesses of my mind.

check the site i linked earlier. they're trying to archive ALL the flash games and may have yours.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I feel like I might've asked this and been answered somewhere before but I've forgotten the answer and can't find it on google at this moment. Guess I'll check my past posts in this thread after I hit post lol
but:

A short story I read in the early '90s, but I think the story was quite a bit older. The protagonist is a Boy Scout. There's an event at a Civil War battleground for a 50-year anniversary. There's a lot of old Confederate veterans and such. The battleground itself attacks the veterans; the teeth of the dead men still buried there are in the dirt and the ground opens and chews a guy up.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

I'd be very surprised if this isn't it. There's the early garden stage with a lawnmower that appears and kills you if you take too long, and things with creepy toothy mouths that eat you throughout the entire game. No chessboard floor, but there's a stage with a piano keyboard floor that could be misremembered as that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS0i5cgAkh8

ancient ancestors of Dick Butt???

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Can't help you out specifically (I had no idea Constantine novels existed, but I'd be down for reading one!), but:

You say that they're not graphic novels, but trade paperbacks --- those are nearly equivalent terms in comics. A TB is a collection of individual comic issues (say, Hellblazer #1-12 or whatever) that's bound into a paperback, in the same size format as the original comics (but thicker, obviously). So a TB has gonna have those glorious gory pictures that might weird someone out. That might be hindering your search, if you keep looking for "trade paperbacks" when what you want is just a plain ol' all-words, no-pictures paperback book.

EDIT: I think what you want is "mass market paperback". Looks like John Shirley is the author of a few (and he's a hella writer, I have some cyberpunk anthologies that feature his stuff).
but like "trade paperback" is also a perfectly legitimate term for what the poster is looking for when it's in the publishing industry outside of specifically comic book stuff. i didn't even know it had a comics industry meaning, i've only ever heard "trade paperback" used in respect to the regular publishing industry, in wihch trade and mass-market PBs are not the same thing and it's a distinction based on size and cover format

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

FishMist posted:

"Iverson's Pits" by Dan Simmons, it's in a compilation called Dark Visions
Thank you, that's absolutely it! I'd been looking in YA poo poo (well, i don't think YA was a category yet back then, but) because I was so young when I read it that I assumed it had to've been a kid's book from the school library, but my mom collects hardcover print copies of everything Stephen King puts out so we probably had that compilation for the sake of the King stories and I read it from her shelf.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

Hey Dr. Quarex, I got me covered; I finally both relocated that tape we taped it on and also kept my father from throwing out his old Aiwa boombox so I could play it on something, just for the purposes of this thread!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4K0l_SMZ9E

And indeed, Googling the other lyrics I am now re-learning has gotten me no farther in my search.

TELL ME you would not also want to learn what this song was (I believe you if you think it sucks obviously, though this is twice-awfulized quality between the original CD-to-tape recording and this tape-to-cell-phone recording; I promise the original is hella crisp)

i can't help you but i wanna thank you for posting cuz this slaps and i love it

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Arivia posted:

You asked at exactly the right time of year, they’re quite popular around Christmas. Search for “Christmas melty mints” gets me lots of stuff like https://www.shopthebulkstore.com/smooth-melty-mints-petite.html

ooh, thanks for this, they also have a good price on chocolate nonpareils i've been trying to find for a gift

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

A word request: I saw a word recently that I'd never seen before and thought it was a misspelling or some sort of trendy portmanteau but it had an actual dictionary(.com...) definition and everything. I can't quite remember it. I think it was something to do with a lousy student, or academic or even a writer. I'm familiar with poetaster and tried googling it along those lines and I've also googled "synonym for bad student" but that just comes up with synonyms for bad with student tacked on. I can't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure these forums. I have too many threads to find it though

tyro?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

as a kid in the 90s riding the bus to school the pop station would play this parody of Snow's "Informer" that was about being a farmer. The chorus hook part was "i'm a farmer, get up at 4 in the morning and use my hands to milk the moo moo cow." Googling provides a lyric site that says something about A Farmer (The Return of John Brown) but as far as I can tell that site is actually somebody posting some parody lyrics they wrote themselves and it's definitely not the actual extant audio that was playing on the morning radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The actual origin of this quote:
https://twitter.com/ycsm1n/status/1779940612411990151

Googling it just turns up a bunch of pinterest/tumblr reposts of it. I don't know if it was ever actually said by a human being (obviously it's like #relatable #content enough that maybe someone made it up ten years ago)
the source is a deleted Tumblr. https://www.tumblr.com/bread-goddess/100549298305/when-people-say-this-is-my-baby-they-dont the "via" link is the op which is deleted. i don't think there was ever a source besides that deleted Tumblr, as their original post wasn't made with any context.