Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Considering there won't be college football this year, drafting Rodger's replacement this year and letting him sit instead of waiting seems like an ok decision on paper at least, whether he will be good remains to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rectal Placenta posted:

Hmm, but what does the titty kissing stat comparison show?

Love’s from BYU so... :eng99:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There was a Yahoo Sports clickbait article about breakout stars for every NFC team. It had this to say about the Lions "Strangely, there aren’t a lot of breakout candidates for the Lions."

Really?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LabyaMynora posted:

Love’s from BYU so... :eng99:

He’s from Utah State

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s from Utah State

Whoops! My bad!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm going to lose my mind when the QB on a lovely contract the Bears traded for ends up getting beat out in camp by Mitch Trubisky

Meanwhile Cam's gonna go to the Super Bowl with the Patriots

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Styles Bitchley posted:

Sort by passer rating, look at the top two and bottom two games:

https://www.nfl.com/players/mitchell-trubisky/stats/logs/

To finish out the picture of how he preformed in divisional games, I'd like to point out that he had three drop backs in the first Vikings game, and played against the back-ups in the second game (and still almost lost).

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Darth Brooks posted:

There was a Yahoo Sports clickbait article about breakout stars for every NFC team. It had this to say about the Lions "Strangely, there aren’t a lot of breakout candidates for the Lions."

Really?

Swift has been tearing up camp, but it's a Lions RB so he's going to get turf toe or something.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

unl33t posted:

To finish out the picture of how he preformed in divisional games, I'd like to point out that he had three drop backs in the first Vikings game, and played against the back-ups in the second game (and still almost lost).

Well at least trubs has been good for memes. I mean, what else is a Bears Quarterback good for?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

As opposed to the Packers who only care about... Princess Bride quotes?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only way that quote makes sense if he is talking about how the bears plan to throw a lavish party to watch two other teams play in the super bowl

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only way that quote makes sense if he is talking about how the bears plan to throw a lavish party to watch two other teams play in the super bowl

Shush, it's Jimmy Graham. He still thinks he's a good NFL player. No need to tell the truth now, it'll just upset him.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to lose my mind when the QB on a lovely contract the Bears traded for ends up getting beat out in camp by Mitch Trubisky

Meanwhile Cam's gonna go to the Super Bowl with the Patriots

Hoyer will start for the Pats, get injured a few weeks in, Cam won't do much, and will be traded for Foles mid-season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

also lmao there isn't going to be a super bowl

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JJStankevitz/status/1297247848099184643

BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

also lmao there isn't going to be a super bowl

:agreed:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Wow why didn't I think of that.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Montgomery uses this one simple trick to lose weight. Doctors hate him! (Do this)

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

I can gain or lose 5-6 pounds in a day.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Breaking: David Montgomery took a big ol' poo poo.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Size of a football

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions cancelled practice and instead players are giving a press conference on how hosed our society is.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9727666

quote:

NBC Sports Chicago's Adam Hoge believes Nick Foles is "inches ahead" of Mitchell Trubisky in a "tight" Bears quarterback competition.

Hoge points out that Trubisky has continued to struggle with his accuracy -- or lack thereof -- this summer, throwing passes high and behind receivers. Foles, meanwhile, has yet to take many chances and show much desire to challenge downfield, but was "generally accurate" in Tuesday's session. Foles has yet to "struggle to the degree" that Trubisky has in Bears camp. Coach Matt Nagy may have to choose between Trubisky's upside and erratic, mistake-prone style or the steadiness of Foles' vanilla play. Either way, this offense doesn't figure to be one we want to have too many pieces of in fantasy.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

rotoworld posted:

Trubisky's upside

citation needed

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Jesus, Foles must be playing really bad.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Probably 3 or 4 inches

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Superb, another Grossman/Griese situation, except with a QB worse than Grossman. Da Bears, everyone

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Unleashing the dragon means something way different with nick foles around.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This is why I don't want to have to read about the 2020 Bears QB battle

It's stoppable force vs movable object

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I have a similar diet, only when I crave a Krispy Kreme, I buy a dozen and cover them in maple syrup

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GNU Order posted:

This is why I don't want to have to read about the 2020 Bears QB battle

It's stoppable force vs movable object

Foles is nowhere close to being as bad as Trubs is. I think he's realistically on that Ryan Fitzpatrick/Flacco/&e line where he's not a superstar but will randomly put together good stretches.

I'm sorry, as an Eagles fan I meant to say that Hall of Fame, Super Bowl winning Quarterback Nick Foles and his HoF dick are the best QB and backup QB in the league and his dick is so big it lives next door.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JJStankevitz/status/1298662586209239042

This is why you never try. Just keep eating Krispy Kreme's and give in to hopelesness

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Assessing a quarterback competition by saying "Foles has yet to 'struggle to the degree' that Trubisky has" is a pretty good summation of the Chicago Bears QB Experience

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/JJStankevitz/status/1298662586209239042

This is why you never try. Just keep eating Krispy Kreme's and give in to hopelesness

No! Not my boy! Time to go eat some donuts in remembrance.

Edit: Word is groin strain. Could be worse.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Takes shittier than his hair

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1299031579747123201

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Urlacher also released a lovely statement about how BRETT FAVRE played the day after his dad died blah blah blah gently caress that guy

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

LabyaMynora posted:

Urlacher also released a lovely statement about how BRETT FAVRE played the day after his dad died blah blah blah gently caress that guy

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1299041033456693248

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Obligatory story of when he tried to pick a fight with Bas Rutten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuERSRNKZXM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bretts dad died of natural causes

How does that even compare