Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

i love safety dan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Dan Orlovsky is great and I'm happy he's found success in broadcasting.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wow, Gutey cut Spriggs. No patience for Ted's underachievers.

I thought that was a great draft pick at the time, but dude just never got it. Was a constant liability when he was in.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Abugadu posted:

I thought that was a great draft pick at the time, but dude just never got it. Was a constant liability when he was in.

Honestly I feel like the mental aspect is like 50 - 75% of scouting these days. If they're not capable of understanding what you're trying to do with your scheme and what the opponent is trying to do, they're basically useless. One of the common threads in the film session videos on gamepass (they just put out Malcolm Jenkins and Daruis Leonard ones) is that all of these guys have an elite understanding of football and will use any and every advantage that they possibly can, including stuff they basically come up with on the fly. Not every college guy is gonna be capable of that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Play posted:

at the same time I'm not sure I'm buying anything Rodgers says about Kumerow

I'm not buying anything Rodgers is selling about anything.
It's great if it's true, and Rodgers is Aaron loving Rodgers. You can't argue that.

I just feel like "ok, so now is he going to bat for guys that he wants" that maybe the coaches don't, or is that legit?

Sounds stupid. But he went against LaFleur already by saying he hated the multi-team practice when the La Fleur said he loves them.
The argument has been "are he and LaFleur gonna be on the same page?", and so, when you read that, and you see Rodgers talk, and you KNOW Rodgers reputation...

There's reports that he and LaFleur are also not on the same page in camp, too.

The whole thing just...sounds...GREAT to me, as a Packer fan, I gotta tell ya.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 7, 2019

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Where have you seen not on the same page rumblings?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Went to Lions training camp today to see the Patriots.

man, I hate my local football team

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1159578894611230720?s=19

Lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Football FOOTBALL

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kearse dead, apparently.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i believe

in mitchell

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MJeff posted:

Kearse dead, apparently.

He’s done for the year.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1159629658314412042

is that bad?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

A bears kicker has missed a FG.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Which one

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:toot:

FG MADE

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blitz7x posted:

Which one

Pineiro missed, Fry made one.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://twitter.com/LionsPR/status/1159570708235767808

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The latter half of that set of numbers, the 4, is the same number as 4, the number of times the Lions have beaten the Packers in a row.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Lions football is back guys.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
hey guys just got off work, how's the game going

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1159644004344041472?s=20

oh

e:

https://twitter.com/paulapasche/status/1159646295226769408?s=20

:stonk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Remember when the Lions went 4-0 in preseason that one year

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Webb playing qb for the Texans, no way it can be THAT Webb. But no it is, 10 year vet Joe Webb, how the hell is he on a team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vintage Joe Webb

Still free

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Preseason Champs!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Why would you even brag about that?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1159640350517911552?s=19

That wind up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AllenLazard Gotta drop on this flexing..... 😤 #ItsFootball @Lonnie30Johnson

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yikes, Texans, can you keep it at least a little clean?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i gotta say it is still insane to me that mccarthy is as well connected and respected that the narrative of him finally getting fired is that rodgers is a malcontent coach killer

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

It's entirely possible that McCarthy wasnt able to adjust with the NFL and he deserved to be fired, and Rodgers is a petty ego maniac who will completely ignore teammates who dont do exactly what he wants.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
From all reporting he sounds like a Michael Jordan type rear end in a top hat.

he bragged about his wonderlic scores lol.

He's all world enough that people can deal with it, but he still kinda sounds obnoxious to work with.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gonz posted:

He’s done for the year.

I heard his leg was so hosed up a Patriots trainer actually ran on the field and covered it with a towel. When you have to shield America from the horror that is a man's leg you know it must be bad

Lessail posted:

i gotta say it is still insane to me that mccarthy is as well connected and respected that the narrative of him finally getting fired is that rodgers is a malcontent coach killer

No, the narrative is that there were issues from both sides. Most people think McCarthy sucked rear end

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

If you're going to a regular season Bears game I recommend getting to security an hour before you actually want to get in. It was a nightmare yesterday and the stadium was 2/3 full.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Dexo posted:

From all reporting he sounds like a Michael Jordan type rear end in a top hat.

he bragged about his wonderlic scores lol.

He's all world enough that people can deal with it, but he still kinda sounds obnoxious to work with.

Rodgers hates his o-line so much last year he got them all brothers for Christmas.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Play posted:

No, the narrative is that there were issues from both sides. Most people think McCarthy sucked rear end

considering i'm seeing "rodgers and lafleur at odds" like headlines i'm going to say that you're wrong

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1159994728290668545

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no david fales is still not in the nfl this is not possible

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Lions should have drafted Stidham in the 4th. Austin Bryant better be good. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1160302583963160576

I believe the children are our future....