Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I'm pretty sure Trump won't break the two term streak. Last president that only had one term was like, Bush Sr, right?

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Raluek posted:

If they do it every time a major shooting occurs, that sounds pretty regular to me :shrug:

If they do it every time there is a major shooting they would be dead.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
My dad serviced his 2014 V70 at a dealer garage (I know, I told him not to do that anymore) and they tried to upsell him the stupidest poo poo like:
- engine bay wash @ ~$60
- new wiper blades because apparently the expensive Bosch ones we only just mounted (and work amazingly well) suck @ $50

Adding to that, apparently the rear pads are worn, and brake fluid should be flushed. Grand total of ~$400. A/C service? $450.

Dealer garages suck, but this is just stupid expensive and bullshit (wipers and engine bay wash).

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 19, 2019

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Nebakenezzer posted:

2. LFA at the wedding, the uncle of the bride used to own a Toyota dealership:

drat LFA's are drat cool. I can hear the V10 just from the picture.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Oh yeah. Was thinking "did they do a face lift". Didn't remember the prison murder tear drop tattoos on the LFA. It's an LC, isn't it.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Apart from some over the top details on some models, I kinda like Lexus design language. Refreshingly different.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
drat. Went out to buy a charger and came back to reading on the news that a couple with an infant with them got attacked and the woman was shot in the head. Happened very close to where I live (like 150m). loving horrible poo poo. :(

Edit: Lady was a doctor. Gunned down while holding her infant. Either gang related or witness related. gently caress. :(

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 26, 2019

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Rediscovered Tool thanks to my brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcW-j7KFgY

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

HandlingByJebus posted:

Holy poo poo. Do please get involved. The protestors there need support.

That's a good way to disappear after being arrested as a western spy.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

nm posted:

Or just a good way of helping discredit the protests as an american agitator. I even work for the government (state of california, but propaganda doesn't work in nuance)
I'm a 6'4" white dude with a huge beard, I stand out.

That too. The last thing the protesters need to be honest.

Rhyno posted:

I drove an IS-F

What about the GS-F? Newer, great sound, different styling (I like it), even more reliable than the IS-F. Etc.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 31, 2019

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
True. But knowing my own (very) lacking budget skills, I almost went to double my original budget idea when I started to look and realizing what I actually want and what I'd have to pay. IS350 / GS350 is a very good option though. I'd go that route if I lived in the US where gas is cheap. Sounds great as well. I fell in love with the hybrid drive line though.

My "looking for a new car" journey basically went "Ok gently caress it let's just get a cheap V6/V8 beater" -> realizing that I don't actually have the same time anymore to do all the repairs / servicing on cars now that I've finished med school -> wanting something newer and reliable, but also comfortable -> finding out about open pilot and wanting a car that can make use of that software -> ending up wanting a loving expensive Lexus cya wallet. :smithicide:

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

I just rediscovered Tool. Thanks for telling us there is a new album, and so far it's very good.

bird with big dick posted:

I looked at a 10th anniversary RC-F and goddamn that thing was cool. 85 fuckin grand, but v cool.

Yeah Lexus is pretty cool. I like how rare they are compared to the other luxo brands.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

STR posted:

Like pretty much everything Tool, you either love it or hate it. (also how did you not find out about this sooner, it was announced in July... loving GOOGLE told me about it via a notification on my phone, and I don't think I've googled Tool in years)

I made sure everyone on my half of the store got to hear it last night. Usually I take a small Walmart speaker with me to listen to music while I'm working; I took GF's big boy Bose speaker last night. 30 seconds in, the overnight manager popped up over an aisle and asked "IS THAT THE NEW TOOL ALBUM?!?!?". Yes. Yes sir it is. Someone from the meat dept walked up and turned off the speaker a few minutes later while I wasn't looking, which got her a severe bitch out from both me and said overnight manager. It's not like I was blasting it over the PA, and she was on the far other end of the store. :fuckoff:
I really like the 90's feel (maybe an odd thing to say) of the new album. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I totally forgot about Tool apart from their cover of No Quarter like 10 years ago when I was heavily into Led Zeppelin. Then my brother moved back from Berlin and we had a party and he reminded me of Lateralus and here we are. Don't think google had enough creeper info on me to recommend it (and I use duckgogo so..). Anyway, thanks. My saturday is now much better. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
My parents bought a Bosch dishwasher a couple of years ago and it's so quiet that I can't really tell if I turned it on or not. When I have to buy dishwasher etc I'll be looking at Miele as well as I'm impressed with the vacuum cleaner we bought.