Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

F350s use the same cab now, so you should* be able to bolt a pair off one of those right on there.

you've probably got like $1500 worth of electronics up in those mirrors these days, so the wiring might not be that easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm going to make my own chair out of a cooled S-class or 7 series seat at some point because all computer chairs suck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KakerMix posted:

I bought a Steelcase Leap years and years ago and it's been fantastic. Now I know you are an ubermensch but cheap computer chairs suck. Nice computer chairs cost 1000 dollars for a reason.

If i pay $1000 for a chair, it better come with 4 other chairs and a V8 engine to move them all around with.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Finally got the payout for my car from Geico.....Over three weeks later. That gecko can eat a bag of dicks.

That's brutal. When my subaru got written off, the adjuster showed up like 3 days after i filed a claim, looked over the car, and wrote me a cheque on the spot.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dang ol' dang

You want a shoulder workout, get high and go logging for 6 hours in farm simulator with a wheel with the force feedback cranked up.

Kazinsal posted:

Ferrari emblem on the hood of a Lambo

I bet the Lambo dealership would find it hilarious

Sneak into the lambo dealerships at night, and rebadge the lambos as ferraris. 3 days later do the inverse at the ferrari dealer, then sneak into the lambo dealer and spraypaint a prancing horse everywhere, then a few days later spraypaint a raging bull on the ferrari dealer.

Get them into a war.

Italian companies are only really worthwhile when they're trying to force a different italian company out of business.I know, i know, i know, audi audi audi

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889400925.html

wtf china

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just got the bill from my emergency room visit after my accident, among the wtf fees was $350 for a shot of Ibuprofen :wtc:

What were the bills like when you were first dealing with your Chron's? My first year with UC i spent like 5 months in the hospital, and over the past 6 years have probably had $500k worth of drugs run through me, and I'm not even American.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That was all through the VA hospital so i have to pay a small percentage but.....It took them a year to figure it out, at first they thought it was a bladder infection and put a camera up my dick hole to look around and found nothing, then all kinds of scans and MRIs. Still nothing. Scope in each end and nothing. Welp, must be psychosomatic so they sent me to a psychiatrist and tried to put me on antidepressants and i told them to gently caress off. Then finally a gastro doc suggested a pill cam and that's when they finally found it. Tried to get me on Humira and I said gently caress that. Been using medical grade CBD and it works wonders :)

Yeah, i was sent home twice with "the flu" until i showed up with a hemoglobin level of 60g/L, which is pretty much death.

I've been through Remicade, Simponi, and now trying Entyvio and like 25mg CBD/day without much luck. :smith:

In other news, all hail stick!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I saw a Porsche 959 today and literally nothing else matters.

I wanna see a 959 :(

I still think about the time i saw an MC 12 on the highway, that was a good day.

Got the first mount done. Ignore the crusty rear end chair, I'm currently shopping for something affordable that can accommodate my size.

Some fine tuning to do.but it owwwwwwwwwwns. Now to do the other side.

I'm going to be able to just pull a pin, and spin the joysticks behind the chair for the days where my insides are trying to become my outsides, or spin them them straight out to the side for local multiplayer goat simulator with my nephews.

2 sticks, 3 pedals, a wheel and shifter with a combined 12 analog inputs, 34 buttons, 2 POV hats, a D-pad and h-gate shifter. Those fuckin cars/tractors/planes/space planes don't stand a chance.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I dont remember feeling this anxious on any other trip to Canada. But I didnt have 10 Grand worth of race bike packed and I wasnt getting married either those other times.

This is my second marriage and I know all too well how things can gently caress up let alone I'm going halfway around the world to do this. Guess mostly I want to get out of here and get on with it. At least yesterday I forgot most of it and just belted out 122kms on the race bike which was glorious abeit in incredibly windy conditions.

It does amuse me me in one respect - all these years thinking marriage was a waste of time and yet here I go again. At least "To import a drat good Canadian" is a great reason.

So are you finally coming in for good?

There are some applications that have to be made from outside of the country, which literally sometimes just means driving over the border and mailing it from there. There are all kinds of goofy rules, and if Scheer comes in to power in October, they could start looking for any kind of mistake to get rid of non-millionaire visa immigrants.

You might be able to find an immigration lawyer that does free consultations, but you might have to learn Mandarin.

doogle posted:

Looks good guys, you definitely fixed the main issue. Why would they not fix the pothole?

I have to go back and find me bitching when they half-assedly fixed the 30 foot long 6 food wide portal to hell that opened up in front of my house last year by cutting the repair down to 25 feet to save money because the bits they skipped are starting to chunk apart now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're filming the new ghostbusters a couple hours away.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/fort-macleod-filming-ghostbusters-1.5242807

What's all this booing, about, eh? take off, ya slimer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I thought you were looking at like, vancouver island. Why would you choose flaming spiders over old people and rain

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just found out my phone autocorrects "Jerk" to "hero"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpHwRe9x9U0&t=75s

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.remax.ca/ab/red-deer-real-estate/30-davison-drive-wp_id247679481-lst

It's being sold as a house, oh my god i want it so bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

STR posted:

Seriously looks like a modern day fire station, except for the kitchen (most of them will have a commercial kitchen). WTF WAS IT USED FOR?!?

e: okay I was really close, google says "Firefighters Union Local 1190". So either an actual firehouse or a union meeting house? Shocking to see something that new already pulled out of service though.

It was a fire station.

the problem is the way the city grew north and south, and not east means it was in a really bad place.

They built new one s like 1km north and 1km south of it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I still live in the 12th century and there is no title poo poo here. I've registered vehicles just off of a bill of sale.

If it has been registered in Alberta before, you just register it, if it hasn't you get a small piss easy inspection. I keep bills of sale for stuff I've sold so someone doesn't find it in the woods with a trunk full of bodies and think I would be that sloppy with regards to corpse disposal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A small car renting out other cars seems morally ambiguous.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My Laptop is 10 years old today :toot:

Specs:
2.0ghz quad core Intel Q9000
8gb of DDR2(upgraded from 4gb)
2x500gb SSDs in raid 0(upgraded from 1 500gb 7200rpm)
Nvidia 260m GTX 1gb

It's still quicker than cheap laptops today. in 1999, the best laptop you could buy was 10 grand with a 300mhz PII, 128mb of ram, and 4mb video memory, which in 2009 would have been completely useless.

Amazing how much everything sucks today

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wrar posted:

lol no it's not, and that's a straight up delusional statement. Even a lovely AMD Construction core can beat it on single threaded performance. The slowest modernish i3 or Ryzen with the same amount of RAM and an SSD will absolutely level that waste of electricity you have. https://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/38

A single threaded CPU benchmark certainly isn't cherry picking. :jerkbag:

A $500 laptop here gets you a ryzen 3 2200u or i3 8130u SOC which average 2716 and 3797 in 3dmark cloudgate to this pig's 4713.

So yeah, it would suck if i used it for single threaded video rendering, but for a media machine or using N64/PS2 emulators it is still more capable

The only thing that i really need on it is hardware HEVC decoding because watching h265 stuff pretty much pegs the cpu.

Citations:
(1) https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lenovo-ideapad-330-15-6-laptop-onyx-black-intel-core-i3-8130u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-10/13193811
(2)https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-15-6-laptop-black-amd-ryzen-3-2200u-1-tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-10/13028789
(3) https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i3-8130U-SoC.273688.0.html
(4) https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-3-2200U-SoC.277344.0.html
(5)https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/38851157

e: dremel makes a 3d printer now, i can't even imagine how poo poo it is.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 26, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NumbersMatching320 posted:

There's been one on display at KMS since they came out and it's basically always too broken to demo fuckall.

I saw it at canadian loving tire.

I'll wait for the powerfist 3d printer.

meatpimp posted:

Thread title is incorrect.

No loving kidding. I was finally able to find a family doctor taking new patients and he hosed up my allergy test stuff and now i can't get ahold of him.

I'm taking 2-3 showers a day because it seems I'm allergic to my own sweat and my skin is fuuuuuuucked. I'm tempted to install a pressure washer soap dispenser filled with aloe in line with my shower head.

this is me trying to do anything that isn't sitting on my rear end covered in ice packs right now.

https://i.imgur.com/p8Mtwvx.mp4

If this wasn't an abnormally cold/wet summer this year, i would be completely hosed. for once i want winter to come early so i can rock out in the garage with a t-shirt at 5*c.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

therobit posted:

Is it possible you have eczema? My daughter has eczema and sometimes she just breaks out in a rash for seemingly no reason and we have to treat it with steroid creams and lotions and wet wraps at bedtime.

Yeah, i have had dishydrotic eczema for years, normally stress induced, but it's usually limited to my hands. I'm not having a flare up there right now, but if i sweat too badly and don't wash it off quickly, my forehead, arm pits and nether regions get crazy inflamed and my eyes start swelling shut. It's not the blisters i get with eczema. I was using beta-methasone for the eczema for a while but it thinned the skin to the point where a second flare-up under the first left me with permanent scaring.

I'm definitely allergic to nickel and it's possible it being excreted through sweat and causing the issues, but my immune system is so completely hosed at this point it could also be like 100 other things. I've tried eliminating it from my diet, but i've basically lived on cheese and oranges for the last month and i'm still completely hosed.

I grew up on an acreage with well water, i have UC, eczema and now this, my sister is losing her eyesight to an autoimmune disease, one of her sons has severe eczema and the other is completely bald from alopecia at 11 years old. Lead exposure increases the instances of autoimmune disorders and replaces calcium in the bones if you're exposed to it while growing, which a pregnant woman's body draws from. I'm planning on going back there and getting samples of the water to get tested for heavy metals. We had a water softener that went through a crazy amount of salt and quickly started using bottled water for drinking, but still would have been exposed to a lot of the well water.

meatpimp posted:

My 5 year old laptop doesn't look terrible. This is the first Dell that's held up to my use for over 18 months in almost 20 years of research.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/38863962

That's pretty drat good.

AMD being a poo poo show for the last decade seems to have allowed Intel to take their foot off the throttle. Ryzen 3 being so powerful will hopefully get things moving again. I got lucky with the 2500k being such a long lived processor, but my current desktop is really showing it's age now. I found the receipt for it the other day.

$1300 for a complete mid-highish computer. I can't price the same thing out these days under $2k :smith:

considering i got 10 years out of a laptop and 8 years(so far) out of the desktop, i'm going to try to wait for PCI-E 5.0, DDR5, and HDMI 2.1 before i upgrade. I have to up the voltage a little more every few months to keep things stable so my current hardware isn't long for this world. the drat i5 2500k has been running 24/7 at 4.7ghz for 8 years now which is just mindblowing.

STR posted:

I'm gonna have this stuck in my head all day now, THANKS JERK. :mad:

I watched a thing on how lead singer Richard Patrick was treated like poo poo by a bunch of bands as a touring guitarist so now he treats all his band members like poo poo/as totally expendable. It's really sad to see.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 26, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

everdave posted:

So I take screw out, ream the hole, lube the hole and go to insert plug. I go through five plugs I CAN NOT GET THIS loving PLUG IN THE loving TIRE. I have done this dozens of times in my life.

They have medications for that now, it's natural at your age.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

an aching back, having to get two alignments because they hosed up the first one

that sounds dangerous

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Not even a chiropractor that went to one of the finest chiropractor school in one of the finest malls in the country?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have a masters in breaking poo poo, and that's broken.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fermented Tinal posted:

That tire is well and truly chooched.

Naw, he chooched too hard on er and now she's right dickered.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We should just skip to January 2020 before somebody gets killed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cakesmith handyman posted:

You mean the date of the apocalypse?

You're thinking November 5th 2024

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

QuarkMartial posted:

I had no idea Rob Ford died. That makes me sad.

He's got all the pussy he can eat in heaven now :unsmith:

Fortunately, his idiot brother is also a real winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt2399gt69c

He got booed so hard he reversed the retroactive funding cuts to the city that he is trying to kill because they wouldn't make him mayor.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

opengl128 posted:

Aw that’s a bummer but not hugely surprising. I feel like nobody was watching it or even knew about it.

I still quote the gently caress out of it in the OSHA thread.

The second season wasn't nearly as good as the first, so it's not a huge loss, really.

I like the more absurd dark comedy style stuff. The Grand Budapest Hotel is my favorite movie for so many reasons, there was a time i couldn't even convince people to start watching it because of the style/premise.

It usually only takes this scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZR5ebXUMXM

For patriot, it would have to be this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-9Rfrui9A

e: holy poo poo this owns

https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/index.php

live gauges and button panels for racing sims. this is from beam.NG but it works in ETS2. If i can get this working with my tractors i'll be over the moon.

e2: and i just mashed the throttle and launched my loving tablet across the room.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 29, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

E/N is fuckin' weird and you guys seem a lot more stable.

Not a high bar, but we barely cleared it.

The answer is to get even by buying a hellcat. If you get the Trackhawk, worst comes to worst you can live in it :haw:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Moving in after 3 months is obviously a recipe for pain, but it was obviously a unique circumstance. If it's her only place to live you can see why she would want to know about other people moving in, but should also be understanding considering her own circumstances. I'm not a mind reader, and i would imagine she is more upset about it being sprung on her than the situation itself. Why haven't you explained the complete situation? She's probably picturing a "dave" scenario when it's really more of a family emergency. Even if she isn't paying a whole lot of rent, if you make 3 times her wage, saying "i make the money i wear the pants" will probably get you stabbed(considering she's a cat person who dislikes dogs)

In conclusion, buy a hellcat!

Comedy answer: just tell her to calm down, works every time

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The not liking dog things though there's no hope for. How do these people even exist?

some people only view dogs as the little yippy purse dogs, or the tear a child apart dogs, and don't realize most of them are just big dumb cats.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

:allears: If life had Quicksave... :allears:

It does, but you can't save when there are enemies nearby.

I'm finally gonna cut the mini mufflers off my car, 8 inch long exhaust turndowns are $15 at canadian tire. a 90 degree 2 inch galvanized conduit is $11 at home depot and i can make like 4 of em out of it.

life hacks!

Beach Bum posted:

I dunno; it's just a weird situation and it might resolve (between them, that is; his job keeps him away from home life a lot sometimes and Mom's had enough). Dad's so fiercely independent, and he hates feeling like a failure, I agree he shouldn't be ashamed or secretive or whatever but I guess he wants to keep the problem under wraps until it's a sure thing.

Just tell her if she's edged cause he's weasing on her grindage, just chill, cause if he had the whole brady bunch thing happening at his pad, he'd go grind over there, so don't tax his gig so hard-core cruster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CCwlbMJDUw&t=31s

(that scene starts out super creepy, holy poo poo)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

LOL Dogs only WISH they were cool like cats.

I don't see a need for any DOG interceptors around here. :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Why can't someone do this for ACTUAL cars?
I sincerely wish someone would make a black box that takes inputs from gauge senders and such, then outputs to an app you can install on a cheap phone or tablet so I can build a dash. There are aftermarket dashes, but they all seem to be expensive as hell and all kinds of proprietary, not to mention no where near as customizable. I mean, you could even use the GPS in the phone for speed!
I suppose the answer is I need to learn a bit more about electronics and programming.
Hmmm... I guess if you get your black box to spit out telemetry data like a game...

edit: I have nothing to add to the E/N discussion. I've been married successfully for 19 years, but I'm still not sure how.

You just described a $10 bluetooth dongle and $5 for torque pro

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Cool. Because my 1970 Cutlass *definitely* has OBD II.
I should have clarified that, I suppose. This would be for my ancient poo poo that doesn't have all the gee-whiz to begin with. All the retail stuff I've found (so far) to work with analog sensors starts at about $1K, and still doesn't offer the kind of customization as far as the layouts and style as that SIM Dashboard.

I mean, I can use discrete electronic gauges, sure, but it really seems like, in 2019, I should be able to put a single display in the car, and drive it with whatever gauges, colors, or layout I want, like the newer Vettes, Hellcat, etc.

edit: One potential answer is the MegaSquirt 3 Pro, which supports CAN-BUS, as I recall. I plan to fuel inject the thing anyway. $800 for the ECU, though.

LT4 swap it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fermented Tinal posted:

:swoon:

What a beautiful wagon.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/now-6500/1450719597

quick, someobody lend me like, $6,485

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng