Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Powershift posted:

Yeah, i was sent home twice with "the flu" until i showed up with a hemoglobin level of 60g/L, which is pretty much death.

I mean, that's not great, but my record so far is 1.4 g/dL. Walked in, somehow. She felt loving fantastic by the time we had her transfused up to about three!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

I got a really excellent new compression sleeve and my elbow pain is like half what it was yesterday. I was able to rake today!

What'd you get? My right elbow has been hosed up for a while (only a few months after I managed to fix the contralateral epidodylitis from carrying my then-infant son around) and I think a compression sleeve might be helpful.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Jesus gently caress, summer is not being kind to AI.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I read that as "part of my child," and I was like, kidneys?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Humphreys posted:

sadly it was pretty poo poo but hey, new stuff from a band I like!
Oh, hey, you're posting as me listening to the new Tool single!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

mariooncrack posted:

The motor in the frs hasn't changed. At most, the second generation got 5 more hp.

There are aftermarket super chargers that supposedly fix the issue.

Apparently headers and a tune work pretty well too. But a supercharged BRZ does sound like some fun.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

STR posted:

I'm really glad he didn't go the suicide route, even though the heart attack route is quite a bit more painful. Depending how it hit, he may or may not have even realized what hit him.
People who just drop often don't even know what hit them. They go into ventricular fibrillation and just go out. I've had people grab my arms during CPR and ask me what the gently caress I'm doing, then go back out because they stopped my compressions. We finally get the pads on them to shock, and they don't remember anything. So I'm going to say your bud went out painlessly. I'm sorry for your loss, man.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Hyperdrive, the drifting competition on Netflix, is incredibly dumb, and yet weirdly enthralling. I'm a little crushed by Stacey Lee May, an incredibly sweet South African girl, hydrolocking her car.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's a great show, but that water hazard is the dumbest poo poo ever. Let them loving drive and not have to worry about hydrolocking the motor halfway through the course.
Yeah. I mean, I get it, they have to balance speed versus risk, and they can modify their vehicles for it, blah blah blah. I'm still annoyed how it played out for her.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Hyperdrive S1E5: NO, NOT THE AWESOME FRENCH DUDE IN THE '68 CHARGER?!

This show has consistently been improving. The good runs are just so loving amazing.

Edit: And motherfucker, that douchenozzle driving a $200k Lambo won because the guy who built his own car from a shell had a mis-hit on a target. It's such a shame, especially since the latter managed to finish his last race with a broken axle.

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 24, 2019

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Suburban Dad posted:

Suburban dad of two now. Let the adventure begin! (Again)

Congrats!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

LloydDobler posted:

I like that it's well represented by women too. I cried like a baby when the BMW engine gave up on Stacey from South Africa. Pulled all my dad strings.
Oh, man, tell me about it. Just the way she said, "Daddy, the engine is broken" loving killed me. I hope they clean up the obstacles a bit, get rid of the loving Leveler -- which is a great idea but which skews the times by way too much if they fail it and which eats up way too much running time -- and keep the best parts for another season.

edit: Also, I'm not sure the penalties for missing targets or hitting them with the front of the car aren't a bit much as well. Maybe make the penalties smaller, but have more targets? Dunno. Still, it's a hell of a ride.

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 26, 2019

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I completely missed pre-ordering the special edition, guess that's never going to happen. I was underwhelmed by the title track anyway, but I'll give this a shot.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

STR posted:

I was just gonna say, I'm sure it's still on Amazon.

Then I checked. Yeah, it's on there.. for $180. What the gently caress.

It's $400 on eBay. Holy poo poo. I regret not ordering 2 copies now...

I sort of regret not getting it because I'm a completist, but m preference is for their heavier work anyway. I'm working through it on streaming now and sometimes I get the sense that songs are building to a crescendo "Eulogy" style ... but they never quite get there.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
After listening to the entire album, I still feel underwhelmed. It's sorely lacking the edge that drew me into them in the first place, but to be fair it simply continues their creative arc, so I can't say it's surprising.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

I like it besides the weird instrumental tracks (Chocolate Chip Trip? lol), other than those it's really good. Sounds like Tool and it should, you can't really expect them to start breaking new ground at this point in their career.
It certainly sounds like Tool, it's just continuing further into noodling in weird time signatures when I wish they'd do a "retuning to our roots" album. But whatever, they're enjoying their musical exploration and they're free and clear of the bullshit legal stuff that hung over them for a while, I hope they continue making music. I can always go back to their first three albums for the sound I like.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I see what you did here

Sadly, I merely forgot the "r," the same way that Tool apparently forgot the metal.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
We have a Bosch -- 800 series? -- and other than the way it dries we love it also. And holy crap, is it quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Just checked out Tool's tour schedule and Florida isn't on it yet :mad:

Would love to see Tool live, never have.

Every Tool show I've seen was fantastic. Four or five, maybe, over as many years? From Lollapalooza in '97ish to Madison Square Garden in 2001ish. After that the tickets were just too hard to come by.