Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

the spyder posted:

Passed my exam. Stress level is back to normal. Let the stupid projects continue!
Good job Spyder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Is that the 2.7L? My 3.5EB gets around 15 with my heavy foot. Oops.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

T-Square posted:

Also, in annoying owner but not dogs, her old downstairs neighbor would constantly yell one of his three dogs' names and tell them to lie down over and over again, but you almost never heard the dogs at all. And after he moved out it was revealed he just let them piss all over the hardwood floors and caused several thousand dollars worth of damage, including damages from the dog piss seeping into the basement!
My MIL had 30+ cats at her last apartment. The owners were rather pissed when they discovered that when she moved out. She's a real piece of work in general though.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

STR posted:

I think he said it was the 3.5.

Stepdad got a '19 2.7 recently and gets 20+ in it as well - and that's all city streets, mostly short drives (work is 15 minutes away, while the grocery store is literally around the corner from the house). Really pisses me off when he brags about 600+ miles a tank when I can't even get 250. :argh:

He traded in an '01 F-150 with the 5.4 for it, and he swears the 2.7 is much faster, even says it's a bit faster off the line. Guessing the turbos spool up real quick on it. Or the 5.4 was way down on power (very likely; he got it with about 30k and a ripped K&N filter, and never replaced the filter... essentially running no air filter for over 100k).
The 2.7 spools faster and is generally quicker all else being equal. But it doesn't have the grunt the 3.5 has for towing.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Wife and I have been carpooling 3-5 days a week. Only about 5 minutes between our offices. It has pros and cons.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I dont remember feeling this anxious on any other trip to Canada. But I didnt have 10 Grand worth of race bike packed and I wasnt getting married either those other times.

This is my second marriage and I know all too well how things can gently caress up let alone I'm going halfway around the world to do this. Guess mostly I want to get out of here and get on with it. At least yesterday I forgot most of it and just belted out 122kms on the race bike which was glorious abeit in incredibly windy conditions.

It does amuse me me in one respect - all these years thinking marriage was a waste of time and yet here I go again. At least "To import a drat good Canadian" is a great reason.
She's moving to Aus with you?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Those guys understand that you may not be buying a Mercedes right then, you *might*, some day, and you're going to remember that experience. Something not all salesmen seem to grok.
I've told the story before, but it still impressed me. Ford salesman took me for a test drive in a focus knowing I wasn't ready to buy, encouraged a joyride in a (new) '13 Mustang GT, and remembered my name when I came back to test drive an escape 6 months later, still not ready to buy.

He got my '16 Mustang GT sale, and the '17 F-150 lease 2 years later (barely, the salesman he pushed me over to made a bullshit offer and I walked out, the first dude came running after me and barely got the deal). Still kind've regret going through with it, even though I love the truck I miss the 'Stang.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

rdb posted:

My wifes crosstrek does the fake gears thing. I agree, it makes it worse than a normal cvt but they need to fool a certain group of people (boomers) who would think its broke otherwise.
My wife's Outback does it too. It does everything possible to remind you its a CVT at low speed. Rubber band feel, smooth CVT rpm ramping. But if you go heavy throttle it swears its a real transmission with gears, and does the same drat thing about faking gears. Kind've annoying.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So as well as getting married, I seem to have accquired a step-daughter.

Ummmm... okay I have zero experience with any children what now? How easy is it to teach them how to drive?

Seriously tho, one of the best parts of yesterday was having 20 mins with her alone before the wedding just talking.
They seem to come as a package. My Wife came with a 15 year old boy to help raise.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Wife and I were bored and went to a couple open houses. $430k gets you meh, $725 gets you "wow!". And not a ton in between. :/

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

STR posted:

His was showing 18.9 mpg when I got in it. 18.1 2 miles later after I flogged the hell out of it with traction control off and in sport mode. :v: Time will tell how it holds up; he bought the dealer demo, and it already had 2500 miles on it. When I looked under the hood, my first reaction was "where the gently caress is the engine, awwww those are adorable tiny little turbos".
The 2.7L's codename is nano, and it's seriously small. Which is why people are pissed that it's not in the Ranger. It'd be awesome.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

the spyder posted:

I need suggestions on how to break out of a funk. I haven't left the couch outside of work for like 3 days. Family's out of town and I just can't get motivated. It's cutting into my beekeeping duties/car stuff/hanging out with friends. I can be super productive one day then a slug the next. Getting tired of it.
Go to the local skate rink. Now.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ferremit posted:

I must be getting old... I actually paid for an adobe product (their photography suite) on creative cloud because it was just simpler to throw $14 a month at Adobe than to try and get a pirated version working.
I think I've actually paid for games on steam that I already have downloaded on my server just because its easier to do that than to get the pirated version working.

My LAN group is all getting old and doing the same thing.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Dumb question for someone with RHD. Are the pedals still in the same order as LHD? That is, clutch in the left, brake in the middle, accelerator on the right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Going camping this weekend. Have a very old tent and a bedtent for the truck. Bought a new tent for the teenager to sleep in. Its big enough to fit the air mattress we bring for the wife and I for the bedtent. We may swap. The tent is pretty drat big and comfy. Either way, gonna be a good trip.

everdave posted:

Yes pedals are the same, blinker stalk is on opposite side. The main surprising thing is the manual gear shift IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS USA. I just assumed they would be flipped. So first gear is way over on the same side as it would be for USA LHD car.
Hmm. OK. Blinker stalk seems wrong but I'll take your word on the rest. Cool.