Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone else think that Rees-Mogg sounds like the hairy gunk you have to pay a plumber to dig out of a clogged bath drain? If not, is there anything I can do to make it a synonym of this? Maybe via rhyming slang (Rees = Mogg = Clog)?

Nah I always think of the M:tG goblins. As in "god drat UK really has a

"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Johnson government is officially amateurs' hour level poo poo

Looking forward to those new negotiations with the EU, I'm sure the Commission is quivering in their boots at the intellectual might of this cabinet.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Also brits can't brew tea, you're not supposed to use teabags and you're definitely not supposed to boil the water with the teabag in it. Etiquette, ladies and gentlemen.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

What exactly do you think a teapot is?

You put the tea in a tea strainer in the teapot and you pour the hot tea into the teapot. You don't boil the actual water with the tea in it. And tea bags are always the lowest quality tea, you buy loose tea and portion it yourself.

As for a podcast, I'd definitely listen to it if it's a cross between TL;DR news (in that it has up to date information) and A Different Bias (as in that it dares to take sides), but without all the "like and subscribe" and commercials that comes with Youtube.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 2, 2019

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Worst crime against tea though is reheating it in the microwave after it goes cold. My dad does that all the time. Sometimes several times with the same cup.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Sorry I should clarify that a bit more: Why are our political commentators within our media landscape so poo poo?

Like, why is it that none of them have any sort of long term nuance to their thinking? Why do they get continually blindsided by things?

British Reporter: *makes question to politician, passively accusing the politican of Doing a Bad Thing or Being Wrong*
British Politician: *ignores question, burps out tired sound bites about Doing a Good Thing or Actually Not Being Wrong*
British Reporter: *drops the subject, smugly proud of not being as toady as US media*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Good work on the podcast, looking forward to listening to it on my commute this Monday.