Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

There may be reasons this is a dumb opinion but although XR could definitely be more effective than they have been so far, it's hard to argue that they haven't been more effective than just about anything else to do with global warming recently at getting attention for the topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

namesake posted:

Consciousness raising is liberal activism bullshit, you use awareness to build power or you fail.

I'm extremely glad that my criticisms and scepticism that I expressed in April are more widely acknowledged now.

Absolutely agree, just hand wringing is a bit rubbish - but whose events I can attend instead to achieve change now?

Are we talking about comrades carrying out lone wolf direct action at coal plants, or what?

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Junior G-man posted:

Hello friends at the digital intelligence services. This is a dead comedy forum and we're cool. Don't worry about it.

Yeah, to be clear for our friends in Cheltenham I wasn't advocating anything in particular there.

I do want to do more and make an actual difference now, but I don't want to blow anyone up.

thespaceinvader posted:

From what I've seen recently in the news the capitalists and taking direct action themselves by not paying their miners to the point that they block the rails taking the coal out of the mines..

Cool and good miners.

Jack the Lad fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 1, 2019