Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Obviously, I thought of people all attending a jam-tasting party before I thought of the musical sort of jam. This is obviously Corbyn's fault.

Edit: I am pleased it went so well for your friend though. All right-thinking people agree, music is more interesting than the strict gender binary. As are all the other kinds of jam.

Jollity Farm fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

loving lol its 28 quid for 70cl!

And you can get something similar in the soft drinks aisle of the supermarket for £2 or something. But that doesn't have the brand name or the attractive bottle (and the BBC isn't getting paid cash money to promote it, of course...even though they absolutely don't do advertising).

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I've never had a Twitter account, does this mean I don't exist? I am fascinated by this take, it is on Loomer levels of drama. Possibly even above that.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

As a chronic depressive on benefits, the government probably wants me (well, me and all the people in the same position as me) to die because I cost them money. Therefore I have to stay alive as a form of rebellion.

I also suffer with anxiety and am afraid of a lot of things, including death and pain. Also, I know my mother would be devastated and I couldn't do that to her. But the other reason is slightly more entertaining

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Petitions and protests are meaningless when you've got megalomaniacs in charge.
The only way you get their attention is by doing things that affect them or their political/financial backers personally.

Riots, basically, in nice parts of the country. Johnson won't give the slightest poo poo if Tottenham burns to the ground again, but move West a little and start burning Muswell Hill, and suddenly a lot of journalists start asking the government awkward questions like "How are you going to stop this with the smallest police force and army in modern history?"

I was talking about something similar with my mum and stepdad the week before last, and my stepdad insists that the politicians didn't really start to freak out about the IRA until they started targeting the banks, stock exchanges et al. Other people may dispute this, but it is true that most politicians (certainly Conservatives these days) care more about wealth than about human life, so if you want to do a riot, go to the City and throw bricks there. Though, if the police are reading my posts (lol if you read my posts) they should know I'm a huge wimp with anxiety about crowds and loud noises, so don't plan on rioting myself. But I'm not going to get out of my chair to stop anyone else.