Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So goons, if I come back to the UK after 6 years of not paying my student loan and just start paying it again... Will anyone care or notice?

Just lost my job over here in the Netherlands and there's a couple of fairly decent opportunities in the UK that for some strange reason the companies I'm talking to are having a hard time filling lately. :imunfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Well poo poo. Looks like I'm moving back to the UK. Just in time to ride the brexit wave of madness. Any Sheffield goons here who have some info on the local politics and what I can do? Plan to join momentum as soon as I land.

gently caress I hope I'm not making a terrible mistake.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol. Good luck with that! Google jared o'mara.

Oh yeah, believe me I know. That's Sheffield Hallam though and I'm gonna be in Sheffield South East. Though honestly I'm not really sure if that makes much difference. My mp will be Clive Betts who "seems" to be ok looking at https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10045/clive_betts/sheffield_south_east

E: I don't ever post enough to snipe but I have 5 cats and am quite mad so here is a picture of Sneef:

Also Brannigans' ham and mustard are the best crisp and I will fight you. (closely followed by flaming hot monster munch)

Mebh fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 15, 2019

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Itt moon face is not particularly racist in the grand scheme of things but could be misinterpreted mind. However you're also protesting way the gently caress too much and digging a massive hole by doing so.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I hope everyone is making bank on the new hottest number-upping strategy!

Investors Cash In on Ebola Bonds That Haven't Paid Out

As you can, death is good for business,

Why do I get the feeling that this exact thing will happen if Yanis Varoufakis' green new deal bond plan ever bears fruit in the next 10 years. The bonds will be released, billionaires across Europe will flock to buy them and surprise surprise, it'll be nearly impossible to use the funds for anything environmentally related because of arcane conditions and requirements.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

I genuinely think that if you held a second referendum right now, you'd still get a Leave result. Maybe 51-49 his time, but still Leave.

This. Or it'd be close enough the other way that the country would burn itself down (more than usual)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I propose that we partition the UK based on favourite Monster Munch flavours. Flamin' Hot can stay up North, Pickled Onion Wankers get the Midlands and cool and good Roast Beef lovers come down South.

As long as I can still eat Brannigans I'm OK with this.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My day job is basically video game monetization and has been for about 10 years and yep.
It's horrible capitalism all the way down and it's basically going to get worse before it gets better as barring extreme regulation like a spend cap per title you simply make way less money if you don't do awful things.

It's such a hit driven market full of risk that even if you DO every nefarious, sleazy, unfair, psychologically ruinous thing you can, you can still completely fail.

With that in mind no big publisher is going to risk a higher risk but fairer system more than once. See stuff like Apex: Legends where initially the dev diaries said they wanted everything to be even, fair and grindable in game. Then season 2 comes out and you get the debacle with paid loot box only and kompu style gacha to increase conversion and the devs going on a PR nightmare rampage saying nobody pays for anything and players are greedy assholes etc.

I really don't know where the industry is going to go because its entirely broken right now. I just want to make fun systems and good games.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

This image is all I have to add to today's news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Yep yep, just going to stockpile some essentials from the *checks notes* £0 left over from my generous universal credit payment.

I've made peace with the substantial likelihood of my demise.

In all seriousness set up a go fund me and I'll bung you some spare poonds.

Listening to the podcast btw on the way home from 8 hours in an airport in Poland. Bloody funny guys. Can't wait for more.