Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jose posted:

My dad asked my mam to marry because it made sense for tax reasons and they've been happily married for 30 years

My parents got married when we lived in India because it was easier for us all to have the same surname ,and at the time they were intending to live there forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What they just wander the house?

We used to have free range praying mantises in our indoor garden.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I miss my motorbike. It's been in the shop waiting to get something around the spark plugs fixed. =(

The car is okay, but it's not quite as fun.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

I would imagine that maintenence for the bike is much cheaper than the car?

Not necessarily. Things are crammed into wierd places, and you generally have to start with removing all the fairing.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Half the tyres, nearly twice the unit cost.

Re. Things being under the car... You know they have these ramp things that lift the car up, right?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I do get about 12-15k out of my bike tyres. Pilot Roads FTW.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I hope the horse is okay :ohdear:

According to the story, the horse got caught in some barbed wire (hopefully she'd gone off course, rather than it was wire left by the sabs, because if you're harming the horses to stop the hunt, gently caress you.)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

When I was doing IT the umbrella firm just took a flat fee per timesheet they processed.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Jose posted:

£64+ a week is a fairly hefty amount

Wow, that's gone up. I think it was something like 10 or 15, though this was back in 2005.

edit: Though by 2006 they were charging 69 a week, so either they did a massive rate hike, or I was being paid way too much in 2005 and didn't actually pay attention to things like that.

And because this is a terrible snipe, have a watercolour doodle of a WW2 pillbox that's fallen down a cliff.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 20, 2019

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The Dark Souls boardgame is okay, but it needs tweaking to be less random equipment wise and grindy.

That said, I'm going to be selling my copy as soon as I can be bothered to photograph it, because it's not really what I wanted from a DS game.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Does anyone have a good list of things to put in a one person Brexit-box?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Okay, fine, guess I'll starve instead of trying to plan. :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Fruities have to pay out a certain percentage of takings, quiz machines (and other games of skill rather than chance) don't. As long as the questions were pitched at just the right level so people thought they were in with a chance, the margins are way, way higher, but as others have pointed out smartphones kinda kill that model.

I amazed my friends once by winning £10 or 15 on a Who wants to be a millionaire machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I blitzed through in think the second potter book in a couple of days on a holiday and the only other thing I had available to me was my dads copy of Night Watch. Hooked from that point on.

I read Potter late (started reading Discworld at 13 thanks to our 3rd year English teacher introducing me to the books), and thought the first three books were pretty decent children's books, but after that they just got lazier and lazier, with less and less active editing in view.