Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

mehall posted:

"Looks like the 18th century in there"

"Going to need a coathanger to sort that one out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

please don't do this tia

Definitely not with Brexit on the horizon. Leave the scarce supplies of insulin for those who already need them.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Has anyone seen the galaxy-brained take on how Sinn Fein should give up their Westminster seats as part of a complex sequence of electoral steps to stop no-deal Brexit? Essentially, Sinn Fein step down -> all pro-Remain parties endorse a particular, popular, non-party candidate in the by-election -> those candidates take Westminster seats because they're not beholden to SF abstention policy -> ??? -> No Brexit!
Because calling for votes when you are certain the result will be what you want has worked so well in recent years.

Another highlight is the "short-term unity government" under "a less contentious figure [i.e. not Corbyn] such as Keir Starmer or Caroline Lucas."

I usually like reading Fintan O'Toole because his pieces usually just say "Here is another way in which the Brits are at it again" in flowery language, but I suppose Boris has broken him.