Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like being able to piss and cum at the same time is itself quite a feat.

But I believe it, could there be a more apt example of the effects of capitalism that a man should not be content with the ability to piss and cum together that he should also demand the ability to poo poo therewith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just used the word therewith in a sentence I'm classy af.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Has anyone been sending you or your family nasty letters about the loan?

Cos afaik they're really bad at knowing wtf is going on if you leave the country.

So you'll probably get a letter demanding you give them loads of money or something cos clearly you've been living it up abroad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that the manspreading I have heard so much about?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sasa naigh againn.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sinky posted:

Get some business cards printed for Lord Ludikrous Cleaning Services Ltd.

LLCS LLC surely?

While we're talking about welsh anyway :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

I learned today that he might be a pedo

Again is this not the default state of everyone of note in britain?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When I think of basically the entire history of Irish relations with its eastern neighbours it's definitely "friendly".

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm fairly terrible at the history of this dumb island but has there historically been any point before the last 20 years or so when the people living on Ireland and the people living on GB were not actively trying to kill each other?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Take the buggers for all they're worth imo, good on you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Run the wind farms backward, duh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given the thread's geographic distribution the accents would be awful.

Most of us probably wouldn't be able to understand each other never mind the listeners.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chips and gravy because I don't particularly like any of the others.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

the uk should impale itself on florida, like a metaphor

(assuming the london and the southeast is the arse end?!)

Unfortunately if the tories were in charge then it would be in wales, because that's the pig.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

banana ar la inshallah na na nana na.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I volunteer to be the EU superstud.

But surprise, during the duet I pull off the blue and yellow rubber to reveal the red and black beneath and the terrible truth that I am in fact the communist bear

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a non ML version of soyuz nerushimy given the number of revisions it underwent because I would like that to be my theme song mostly because I already know about half the words and it's in my range.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is a little odd because I'm surprised deep fried rice isn't a thing.

Kind want to try deep fried rice and scraps tbh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bozza legeerrrnrnnnddddddddddd

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure if the seat is mostly tory/lib that labour's ever gonna be on the table.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

God can you imagine what life must be like in a tory/lib marginal? How do you breathe from all the loving tarquins around?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could go outside and yell in the street which is an ancient and proletarian form of podcasting.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have never seen someone do that but the mutants in the vale might do anything tbqh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can't trust those flatlander weirdos.

It's too much time at a constant altitude and with a level horizon it makes your brain leak out out your ears and then you're doing poo poo like putting milk in the pot and living in cities and god knows what else.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lilljonas posted:

you're definitely not supposed to boil the water with the teabag in it. Etiquette, ladies and gentlemen.

What exactly do you think a teapot is?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My grandma used to dip buttered toast in her tea and then drink it afterwards.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Buttered toast soaked in tea doesn't taste too bad but drinking it afterwards is pretty vile.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Combine beer and tea by just drinking tetley's.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gasmask posted:

"To calm one’s mind, one swallows his saliva. This is a secret matter. When one becomes angry, it is the same. Putting spittle on one’s forehead is also good." - Hagakure

:japan:

Feel like if hagakure had been a bit less secret about it he would have realised that one in this instance is literally just one and the one is him.

big scary monsters posted:

You'd think somewhere like Iceland would be all over it. Super cheap electricity from basically entirely renewable sources, all the water you could ever want, and a blasted hellscape of a country where nothing grows leading to insanely high food prices because everything is imported.

Doesn't iceland grow quite a lot of bananas? Or greenland?

E: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_production_in_Iceland

Apparently they did grow domestically but stopped cos it wasn't as cheap as importing them and still took ages.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 2, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I would be interested in an episode that looks at the top 10 reasons for a 'normal' Brit to be ancap / antifa. Like I know we all scoff and think 'duh, because it's obvious' but there are a lot of people that don't seem to have been able to come to that conclusion themselves, and it would be a good jumping off point in terms of "Here's where we're coming from, here's the basics, now you're on board" sort of thing.

Uh, ancap/antifa is a weird multiple choice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ancappery is kill all government and let the market sort em out.

Which yes will lead to corporations taking over the government but of course, if you don't like your corporate overlord, you can simply leave and serve another corporate overlord.

The libertarian thread ended up inventing Valhalla DRO which was basically like renraku from shadowrun or some poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving lol I just read the shadowrun wiki entries for the history of the UK and Ireland and tbh I think they're more plausible than the one we're currently living in:

quote:

2004 Nuclear meltdown at Dungeness in Kent (England) creates a localized irradiated zone.
2005 Conservative government in the United Kingdom establishes regional parliaments in Scotland and Wales.
2009 King Charles III is crowned in Westminster Abbbey.
2011 England's Sizewell B nuclear power station suffers critical meltdown, resulting in a total death count of 17,000.
2011 A nuclear power plant in Dounreay, Scotland suffers a meltdown, creating the Scottish Irradiated Zone
2011 Ley-lines and standing stones re-emerge all over Britain. First sighting of the Great Welsh Dragon, Celedyr, in Caerleon.
2012 King Charles III abdicates in favor of his only surviving son, George VII.
2014 Following magically enhanced terrorist activity, the governments of the U.K. and Eire sign the Treaty of Galway establishing the United Free Republic of Ireland.
2016 United Kingdom Prime Minister Lena Rodale assassinated.
2016 A major oil spill in the North Sea creates the Scottish Fringe Toxic Zone
2021 England's King George VII is declared dead, rumors persist that he was killed when he began changing into a troll.
2024 After a prolonged succession dispute, George Edward Richard Windsor-Hanover becomes King George VIII in England.
2025 The United Kingdom Constitution Act is passed in the United Kingdom, creating the Lord Protector's Offices.
2026 Oxford and Edinburgh Universities establish Bachelor of Science degrees in Occult Studies.
2027 The Lord Protector's office (England) drafts the Magical Practitioners Registration Bill, which Parliament passes into law.
2028 Cambridge institutes a Magical Studies program.
2028 Britain withdraws from the European Economic Community (EEC).
2032 Eurowar I: Great Britain deploys troops in Netherlands and Flanders.
2036 Regeneration and transformation of regional forests begins in Scotland.
2037 Wolves and bears are restored to the Scottish Wild Lands.
2039 A massive chemical spill kills 70,000 people in Teesside, England.
2041 EuroAir Flight 329 from London to Atlanta destroyed by Sirrurg
2043 Gwynedd elves make major advances in Welsh regional parliament.
2046 Para-VITAS outbreak in Tynesprawl (England) kills 120,000. Believed to be the work of unidentified eco-terrorists.
2046 Researchers find a freshwater serpent in Scotland's Loch Ness

quote:

2014 Following magically enhanced terrorist activity, the governments of the U.K. and Eire sign the Treaty of Galway establishing the United Free Republic of Ireland.
2015 Schism splits the Irish Republican Army (IRA) into two factions: the Provisional IRA (led by Liam O'Connor, a "spike baby" elf) and the Official IRA. The Provisional IRA is incorporated into the state security apparatus, where it counters Protestant paramilitaries. It would grow into the core of the Tir Republican Corps (TRC).
2025 In Ireland, the "Walsh's hookers" scandal ends the career of three government ministers, two businessmen and one bishop.
2034 Formation of Tír na nÓg announced.
2035 Liam O'Connor becomes State President of Tír na nÓg.
2042 Liam O'Connor (President of Tír na nÓg) disappears from public life.
2049 The government of Tír na nÓg establishes the Church of Ireland, banning the Roman Catholic Church from the country.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

Fukken bring on the magipocalypse tbh

I'm gonna die in a chemical spill apparently.

Or possibly a wizard-ra bombing (fireballing?)

E: Which of charles's sprogs do u think is most likely to secretly turn into a troll??

E2: maybe diana died because of trolls makes u think

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In fairness the EEC is probably run by lofwyr, who is literally a dragon. Unelected eurocrats indeed!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well ireland is an elf kingdom and doesn't like the megacorps much, you see :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps we could point cameras at journalists and then set actual vultures on them and televise it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Picking the one that aligns with your feelings about the word definitely seems preferable to being presented with a curated selection of ways you are allowed to feel about the world.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

But then what if you pick one that turns out to be wrong?

That's life I guess? Again the point is not "what if you're wrong" but "why is the status quo right?" because I guarantee you everything you see on TV is extremely wrong in consistent and dangerous ways that are directly opposed to your welfare. I will take chaos over organized badness.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If only there was a word for what happens when competing agencies had a dispute about whose notion of land ownership was the correct one :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NO! wars happen between STATES and an AGENCY is not a STATE therefore it can't be war it's dispute resolution.