Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Eej posted:

At this point anyone willingly identifying as a liberal is a centrist who says the right progressive things (student debt! Medicare for all! Gay marriage!) but when push comes to shove they'll always fold every time or go on some rant about the poors or browns making the neighborhood less safe and driving down property values

I've never known such a person irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I don't even know what the gently caress. If you are on the side with the spree killing racist and the Nazis, how can you not consider that what you are supporting is nuts?

They know where these guys hang out, our every internet step is recorded forever, why aren't these dudes getting rolled up on by the FBI?

gently caress I know where these dudes hang out and I'm not extremely online or anything.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
He's 21. If they wanted to save some money, the cops could just push him out the door and he would be torn to shreds.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Austin is full of hippy communist pinko libs.

El Paso is Mexico.

This has been your daily reminder of what texans think of texas cities.

All the major cities are blue.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I storm chase in Texas and I have run into so real wierd fuckers in the deep boondocks.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Here's the problem - it's not going to work. Banning so called assault weapons is not going to work because ...........

What do you call that joke?

AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM!!

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Get more leftists into law enforcement, the military, and politics or you just cede all power over to them and are left kindly requesting that the boot not stomp you.

Gonna have to change the system first. It's all built to be what it's become.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Infiltrate and charge/throw out everyone in those lovely mil/cop Facebook groups.

Uh, thin blue line there hoss.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

Or maybe focus enforcement on Domestic, Right Wing groups. We have an intelligebce apparatus that can track down the single individuals who shot down Extortion 17. We can track down and kill two nameless Taliban fighters, but can't track Right Wing Domestic poo poo?

We don't want to.

The idea of banning/gun control seems to be falling out of favor, particularly since the Left has felt the need to increasingly arm and train themselves since 16. I don't see a Ban/Buyback working at all. Besides the hardcore Right and Left wing, you are going to have people who are generally law abiding, but aren't going to give up poo poo for fear it might be needed later.

Besides that, I don't see them ever banning Handguns even though they are used in most crimes. They couldn't get them banned in 36 with the NFA, now that carry is common and legal in most places, I don't see that happening.

The republican-controlled House and Senate saw it as partisan and cancelled the funding.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

We have a very good reason - we do not want the entire intel community spying on Americans. Don't you remember the outcry when the NSA was scooping up people's meta data for phone calls? Do you really want the NSA and CIA to be spying on Americans? I sure as gently caress don't. The sorry state of our civil liberties is hosed enough without tearing down that pretty decent sized wall between domestic LEO / intel and foreign focused and mil intel.

This is at odds with the reality of the modern day.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Did I miss a memo about Hispanic?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
My family came from Germany in the late 40s and we don't talk about it. So when people ask where "I'm from" I get hella prickly.

I'm a seventh generation veteran with a very german last name.

I'm from fuckin America and that's bad enough.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Closed -800. 3% hit is solid.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Nice and hot piss posted:

I have every intention to buy a house if we get another amazing recession like we did in the past. Thankfully my job is tough to get rid of even in a recession since hospitals are mandated by joint commission/other agencies to have a house supervisor for a critical access hospital.

The housing market in central Oregon sucks major balls and it's ungodly expensive. Houses that were 300k in 2016 are well over 400k now 3 years later.

The interest rates climbing offsets the low prices of the home. It's only a deal if you can buy cash.

The normal folks get hosed again.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I clearly remember a time when none of my friends had real jobs. I had just gotten out and was in school and was terrified that my GI bill was gonna get chopped and Id be homeless.

I'm ok with not going through/putting people through that again. The rich don't suffer. They never do.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
My friends who work in downtown Portland are being told to stay home tomorrow, shops will be closed due to some white supremacists groups in town.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

seriously all the stuff surrounding epstein and his friends and connections and stuff is turning me crazy and the couple friends ive tried to explain it to agree

I can't even take the first step into conspiracy land without immediately devolving into digging trenches and hoarding foodstuffs.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
https://twitter.com/Wit_Incarnate/status/1162776503274356736?s=20

The jokes

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

windshipper posted:

5 point is best, especially for morning after food.

Edit: And Irish coffee

Luna park is my go-to

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I just want to go back to sleeping at night and dealing with my own personal catastrophes and worrying about the planet on a whole, instead Uber country going batshit how to speed with which I just absolutely cannot keep up with.

Edit: intended on saying our country instead of uber country but it works pretty good so I'm leaving it.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Getting awfully freep-y in here.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I don't disagree. But guillotine (and associated) talk is silly and folks are getting spun up. I spend a fair amount of time creeping right wing sites and they do the same thing, but it's ridiculous. And horrible.and divorced from reality.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Would you say they're the same

Noooooooooooo. The level of vitriol or thinnly cloaked (if at all) racism, classisem, nationalism and other horrible -isems isnt even comparible.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

I want to get into cooking lionfish (we kill plenty of them in south FL), but cleaning a fish is something that I just can’t get past.

Do it submerged in cold water once the fish has cooled. No smell, nothing gushy. You can work up from there if you want.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

joat mon posted:

The nitrates added to most commercially cured/highly processed meats can cause migraines.

Like msg? Might want to give that a Google.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Windows are heavy heavy means worse gas mileage. just give it time I'm sure before too long only first-class will get Windows.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Moving (back) to Texas has been the weirdest fuckin thing. I moved from Washington State, kind of out in the sticks. woods people and Texas boondocks people might as well be the same drat thing. Possibly methy, definitely got some pill issues, obviously alcoholics. To add to that Texas gun laws are more strict than Washington gun laws.

Like I know plenty of people who are pretty darn left and I got enough friends that won't shut up about Bernie Sanders that you would not expect from the drawl and the cowboy boots, and on the other hand I've got my neighbors who are transplants are hardcore Cruz-Trump people you are faking it so fuckin hard they're not confusing a drat person.

It's a wierd place

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The patch is a hell hole. If you rolled into a trailer park and started paying everybody $100,000 plus a year, odessa-midland patch is what you would get.