Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Y'all are dumb as hell. The best is Black Hawk Down. Or Lone Survivor.

I thought we agreed it was Aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey bigdave you're good imo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Everything old is new again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd like to see all of the world become a nature preserve.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

probably micro-roentgen/hr

Sieverts these days, Roentgen is an old measure

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I knew Russia said they were going to do their own take on the Chernobyl show but I wasn't expecting this

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

stuxracer posted:

This tweet thread has a few videos and pictures about the thing in Russia

https://twitter.com/liveuamap/status/1158371723970064387

They're just filming the episode with the bomb the CIA planted

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

VNIMANIYE

VNIMANIYE

For the attention of the residents of Pripyat! The City Council informs you that due to the accident at Chernobyl Power Station in the city of Pripyat the radioactive conditions in the vicinity are deteriorating. The Communist Party, its officials and the armed forces are taking necessary steps to combat this. Nevertheless, with the view to keep people as safe and healthy as possible, the children being top priority, we need to temporarily evacuate the citizens in the nearest towns of Kiev region. For these reasons, starting from April 27, 1986 2 pm each apartment block will be able to have a bus at its disposal, supervised by the police and the city officials. It is highly advisable to take your documents, some vital personal belongings and a certain amount of food, just in case, with you. The senior executives of public and industrial facilities of the city has decided on the list of employees needed to stay in Pripyat to maintain these facilities in a good working order. All the houses will be guarded by the police during the evacuation period. Comrades, leaving your residences temporarily please make sure you have turned off the lights, electrical equipment and water and shut the windows. Please keep calm and orderly in the process of this short-term evacuation.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

colachute posted:

If I’m being honest, I just don’t want to be associated with this poo poo. It’s going to get to the point where people look at the US and just assume (for good reason) that we are all racist gun toting pieces of poo poo. At this point I feel like on an international scale it’s just limited to trump and republicans and not ALL Americans... yet.

When you think Germany in the 1930s and 40s you immediately think Nazis. That’s how it’ll be when people look at the US in hindsight. I don’t want to be visible in that hindsight.

Hahaha dude this has *always* been what the world thinks of America, at least as long as I've been alive

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

colachute posted:

There’s just something different about it now. Maybe that we are so brazen about it.

It's more extreme than in the past perhaps, but bear in mind that the entire world just kind of watched in mute horror as your nation dived headfirst into the Middle East.
America are warmongering racist idiots that occasionally do cool poo poo like go to the moon when they arent busy oppressing blacks, browns, or lining the pockets of the ultra wealthy.

I really wish it was different, because the vast majority of Americans I've personally met are wonderful people, it's just your nation as a whole.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The cycle of abuse is a real thing

I'm not saying excuse their behaviour, at some point the more important thing is stopping them from hurting anyone else

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Erghh posted:

Heads up,

Trump is promoting the Clinton conspiracy theories.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Holy gently caress if this leads to Trump actually appointing a special prosecutor as he said he would do in the debates

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey man it’s cool. Give Monty a hug for me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Luca loves this jerky almost as much as he loves you

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What

Are there more white shepherds in gip?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

nullscan posted:

Not exactly, Colby on the left is mostly Jindo (South Koreas national dog) , Mochi on the right is Pungsang (North Korean breed) Jindo mix.

Oh man they're like scaled down Luca's

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking as one of this thread's resident alcoholics, that "program" is loving despicable and just about the worst way imaginable to handle addiction

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

He'd probably tell everyone that an AC works by absorbing all the heat or some poo poo

Well it does

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That dude Rafiq legit looks like an old-timey movie star

Rafiq should guest star in a fast and furious film and completely school some young punk

Well, again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

We're still in the opening phase of DEFCON

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LongDarkNight posted:

Imagine getting dunked on by Don Jr.

Idk man that's a mutual own at best

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I mean, that IS the Mirror

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

I was about to make a killing kids joke but I actually had to stop myself because normalizing the death of innocent children is wrong.

God I wish I had bookmarked that thread where a couple of CD idiots were no poo poo making the argument that a filmmaker needs to show why killing children is worse than killing adults because otherwise theres no emotional weight to it

I'm pretty sure SMG dropped his schtick and just straight started insulting them

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hexyflexy posted:

I've not seen anybody come up with one that makes any sense.

It's a gigantic gently caress you planet-denial weapon

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yup. Anyone hoping for a bad recession or a depression can get hosed. The stock market going down significantly is certainly going to impact the wealthy, but their wealth is so diversified into so many areas (bonds, different stocks, real estate, businesses, art, gold) that they will easily ride out the storm, and they will be in a perfect position to buy stuff like property and housing and stocks when the prices are really low throughout the recession. 5 years after the recession, they're more wealthy than they ever were before.

The average worker is going to be hosed. Unemployment will increase dramatically, and if Trump is still in charge, they'll get little to no help. Underemployment will be an even bigger issue than it is now. The entire middle class is going to be hosed. Every state is going to be hosed. Every pension system, state retirement system, company retirement system, individual 401k, 403b, is going to be hosed for 10+ years after. State pension systems are still recovering from the 2008 Financial Crisis. Benefits, safety nets, and public services will be slashed across the country.

It will not be a fun time.

Weimar_1930s.txt

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

I'm sure hand-wringing on an internet comedy forum is a far worse existence than being subjected to the merciless and uncaring wild.

Idk, being a dog sounds pretty dope

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

Yeah but they didn't qualify the type of animal. Like imagine being a possum, which is nature's bitch.

Unless you're in New Zealand, where they pretty much became an apex predator

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I propose a simple tax

15% off at the shoulders for all superyacht owners

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I assume hes talking about Hillary

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

my kinda ape posted:

Biden is also extremely well seasoned and qualified and he still sucks loving rear end.

You'll notice he didnt mention anything about whether he actually likes her

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

acab, etc
But honestly, I can't even imagine the trauma this job must put on a decent man

I mean I'm not sure if your acab is in jest but come on man

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh cool so encouraging suicides is standard practice now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I'm with ghole on this one

Idgaf what your personal feelings on cops are we shouldn't be at the point where either of those two things are being said

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Footage from the tornado that hit Auckland

https://youtu.be/1mofa0QNFi8

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nice first and last post in this thread

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Is that even legal?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gschmidl posted:

New Zealand‘s tax authorities have deemed it legal for companies to pay its employees in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Companies will also be able to deduct income taxes using current PAYE (pay as you earn) frameworks under the Income Tax Act 2007.

The country’s Inland Revenue Department (IRD) published a bulletin (dated August 7, 2019) stating that the ruling was made under the Tax Administration Act 1994. (If you’re not up to speed on your New Zealand tax acts, the 1994 act typically governs the responsibilities of different government departments in relation to taxation.)

There are a few caveats, though.

For one, companies can only pay cryptocurrency to employees working under official employment agreements. Payments also have to be for a fixed amount – “the value of the crypto-asset is pegged to one or more fiat currencies.”

The ruling also states that cryptocurrency-based salary payments must also be able to be “converted directly into fiat currency (on an exchange).” According to the bulletin, salaries must be paid in a crypto-asset that functions like a currency.

In other words, the primary function of the coin must be as a replacement for fiat – this should prevent companies from paying employees in illiquid or otherwise small-time altcoins.

It should also be noted that the ruling applies only to salaried wage earners. Self-employed workers will not be able to take advantage, which is sort of a bummer.

In today’s gig economy, getting paid in cryptocurrency can be a useful tool if you don’t live in a country that accepts the currency you get paid in. In some cases, it can help circumnavigate expensive cross border payment expenses, too.

All things considered, the only reason I see for the Kiwi IRD issuing this update is to allow the taxation of companies that might already be paying staff in Bitcoin, and otherwise avoiding paying the relevant taxes. Meaning, more tax dollars for the authorities.

In reality, it’s probably not a great idea from the employee’s point of view. Sure, your salary might be a fixed fiat amount, but that doesn’t stop the cryptocurrency you’re paid in from fluctuating wildly in price.

It would be quite disappointing to get paid, and 24 hours later see the value of your salary decrease due to market fluctuations. All because you didn’t cash out immediately after getting paid. All that extra hassle, and for what?

The ruling was officially signed by New Zealand‘s director of public rulings, Susan Price on June 27, 2019. It will go into effect for a three-year period beginning on September 1, 2019.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Don't worry america, you can still look across the pond and see another "civilized" country freak out about immigrants and not feel as bad (you should still feel bad)

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1163125981500059648?s=19

that tweet is awfully close to the no migrants ad from children of men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So here's Warren taking her Native American heritage baggage and working on turning it into a strength:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1163476524713910273?s=20

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1162363445586681856?s=20

Time will tell how successful it is, but there is a LOT to that proposed legislation and if nothing else she's created an effective rebuttal to the blood test fuckup - "Yes, I hosed up, but I listened, learned, and now I have a massive proposal to help native communities. What have you done?"

Since when have facts meant jack poo poo to trump?