Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I've come around on Gun Control.

Arm everyone, in fact make it constitutionally mandated that everyone is handed a pistol at birth that cannot be confiscated period and make all weapons legal: M16's, Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. Tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs. Sonic electronic ball-breakers, nukes, knives, sharp sticks, everything.

If some Chud is gonna shoot up a Walmart I want that entire Walmart shooting everything and anything that moves funny. Just make everyone so goddamn terrified of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

McNally posted:

There are over 390 million firearms in the US. If we extremely conservatively estimate that ten percent of them are semiauto and average $500 per gun that's $19.5 billion

The same Congress who says $5.6 billion over ten years is too expensive to stop loving over war widows is going to fork over three and a half times that much in one go for something that's probably going to hit single digit compliance rates?

What congress will/will not fund is arbitrary at best, yea, it's a good bet they wouldn't but dont kid yourself into thinking they wouldn't immediately throw 20 billion over five years to gently caress over the poor and personally enrich themselves.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Be a shame if both Senators from Kentucky contracted pneumonia in the hospital.

Thoughts and prayers.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey hey we got a lefty

quote:

The most recent tweet on the @iamthespookster account was on August 3, the day of the shooting, when he retweeted a post saying, "Millenials have a message for the Joe Biden generation: hurry up and die."

You know if a shooter said water wet it wouldn't make news :colbert:, why is this news?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

"Little rapscallion deserved it for not respecting his country" - Some old gently caress

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah it's real obvious that none of the other survivors wanted to have anything to do with him, so he had to settle for getting a cheap photo with the only survivor who couldn't say no.

"Sorry baby about your loss, I'm going to give you the most valuable thing I can imagine for your time of loss" *takes bootstraps out of pocket* "Now use these, to climb into a position as successful as me despite your parents getting shot, very tragic, but you could use these straps to become Batman."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Syrian Lannister posted:

Ambassador to Germany threatening to pull US troops unless Germans increase NATO spending.

E it’s going to take us decades to repair what this administration has done.

Isn't there a gigantic Army hospital in Germany that gets used for people getting blown up in Iraq? This will certainly pay off.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

joat mon posted:

What would be the most 2019 thing that could happen? That Epstein actually committed suicide.

That due to a miscommunication, Epstein was put into witness protection as a victim.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK: THE STAYING POWER OF THE ISLAMIC STATE
Bottom Line Up Front:

I work in the MIC and I swear to god I thought Bottom Line Up Front was a made up thing my manager came up with so he could role play a cool army dude, but here it is. So I guess I learned something today.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Everyone else says "tldr" and puts it at the end which is annoying when you want the summary at the beginning!

The thesis statement goes at the top, TL:DR at the bottom for those who skim.

edit: It also didn't help my credulity that he said it in meetings as BLUF(actually said the acronym): blah blah blah, instead of saying bottom line up front for those of us without the knowing of the lingo.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 12, 2019

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Godholio posted:

I would like to quote this.

I'm gonna bring the lingo to my boss. He latches on to stuff like this. Just want to see what happens when he throws it out there during a meeting.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

e: not every leftist is only punching up, of course, you get plenty of people in this thread and every other one making GBS threads on poor and rural trump voters

To be clear. They get poo poo on because they're voting red in TYOOL 2019 and directly electing officials who are propping up the above billionaire class, not because they're poor/rural.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I think in a sane rational world this would be a declaration of war. I mean holy poo poo the knock on effects from doing this have got to be enormous for the rest of the world.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Jarmak posted:

quote:

“At the end of the day, she will ultimately prevail. She had no hostility to anyone, given that she stopped issuing all marriage licenses,” Staver said in an interview.

Lol, how is: "IF THE GAYS CAN GET MARRIAGE CERTS, NO ONE GETS MARRIAGE CERTS" anything but hostile.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Retrowave Joe posted:

KFC is going to be testing out Beyond Fried Chicken in Atlanta tomorrow. Any Atlanta goons willing to test it for science?

Ill have a trip report tommorow, my coworkers and I are going for lunch and hopefully dont regret it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

orange juche posted:

These are people who bought the JADE HELM OBUNGLER GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS poo poo hook line and sinker.

My dad was yelling a while ago how "Comrade Sanders is gonna suspend Habeus Corpus and take all of your money and put all white people in re-education camps", and wouldn't come off of it after I reminded him that Forced Gay FEMA Death Camp Marriages(tm) didn't happen under Obama and that the current Republican president has literally thrown people into camps including at least one US citizen.