Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Me running out of time sneaking through the floor only to be saved by the Commandant deciding everyone needed to do some PT in a loving briefing is my favorite part of that game.

I mean its still bullshit because no way is the Marines going to get enough money to secretly build a Metal Gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grandma went out with a bang

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Recruiting is also getting hosed as people are just too loving unhealthy to enlist because they live in abject poverty.

Imagine loving the poors so hard that you can't even use them for military service, which is the major source of enlisted personnel

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I mean I'm not gonna dispute that but it's really funny sitting in a room with two or three ASDs watching them hem and haw about why number not go up anymore.

What's their latest galaxy brain take on the source of the problem

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

Do you want Inception? Because that's how you get Inception.

brb inserting Inception horn BRAAMs into powerpoint briefings

E: replaced it with the "industry term"

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 3, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mad max but with airboats will look loving amazing if anyone is looking for a silver lining. Southern Georgia won't be safe from raiders

It's gonna be like that Burt Reynolds movie "Gator".

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Maybe he's autistic and wore it because he always wears it at the range and cant deal with change?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

CAN YOU STACK YOUR FAMILY? I want to live here HOW DO I GET TO LIVE HERE

Why couldn't this guy be like the Dale Gribble dude who attacked that federal building and got smoked like an idiot in the parking lot?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 3, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Use the excavator to destroy some exec's house.

return of killdozer

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Chiwie posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooter-incident-investigated-dayton-ohio-police/story?id=64763090&cid=social_twitter_abcn

As someone on the outside I can't fathom why the US hasn't past good gun control laws yet.

Wayne LaPierre has bought and paid for enough politicians and built a propaganda machine strong enough that they'll never pass a gun control law worth a poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pmchem posted:

I bet that county is real big on unregulated free market supply and demand economics though!

Considering they wanted to bring in a for-profit corrections company lol yeah they're big on the FREE MARKET

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Hands?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That twitter thread is stupid as poo poo, full of stupid people who do not understand that any explosion can make a mushroom cloud if it's big enough.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Kid Rock decided to start poo poo with Taylor Swift, if anyone gives a poo poo it's honestly kind of funny.

Kid who?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

This idiot violating the flag code.

:thejoke:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

I work in the MIC and I swear to god I thought Bottom Line Up Front was a made up thing my manager came up with so he could role play a cool army dude, but here it is. So I guess I learned something today.

I mean it is used pretty much exclusively by *cool army dudes*

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

https://twitter.com/mikesisak/status/1160887245999681536?s=19

The massive conspiracy that led to Epstein's death has the perfect cover in our incredibly broken justice system

The amount of people in that thread who think a federal job in Manhattan is high paying is mind boggling. Detention officers are way down the pay scale, and while they get federal benefits, that kind of pay is below poverty level for the area almost ($53,000 is way below what you need to make to get by there, and if you're pulling 16 hour days, without extra pay because salaried, you can't work another job to make ends meet). No wonder the federal jail has a staffing shortage.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 12, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

The general consensus about what being a federal worker entails is basically 'the mean people at the DMV, but they make 150k' completely ignoring any other aspects of reality.

edit: which is right up there with real federal workers being mad that WMATA bus drivers make 65k base salary.

I think you have to be a GS15 to in the DC area to hit that level of pay.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Your teachers should be making at least $65k a year imo

They should be but red states especially underfund education because its an easy thing to cut money from so they can pass tax breaks on the people giving them "campaign donations"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey, RE the guy who shattered a kid's skull over not taking off his hat during the national anthem:

quote:

What his attorney says about the rodeo incident
Lance Jasper, Brockway's attorney, said last week that his client is a military veteran who has a severe traumatic brain injury and has problems with impulse control. Between that and being a disabled veteran who is "uber patriotic," Jasper said, Brockway is influenced by the rhetoric of President Donald Trump.
Referring to times the President has spoken out against athletes and others that kneel or protest during the national anthem and when he suggested possible jail time or loss of citizenship for burning the American flag, Jasper said, "Curt takes that literally and views the President as the commander in chief and when he sees it happening, he feels he needs to do something about it."
Jasper said Brockway expressed remorse the child was hurt.
"He told me 'I guess I messed up because he got hurt. But I'm a patriot,'" Jasper said.

Jasper said he intends to present his client's neuropsychological evaluation to the court. "Curt says he was given an order from (the) commander in chief to make sure people are patriotic," Jasper said.
The maximum sentence for felony assault on a minor, according to a charging document, is five years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Fun note: this guy has PTSD, and serious problems with impulse control, but the state of Montana allows him to own guns still.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Two years probation.

lol

Doing that poo poo to a minor is supposed to be a felony offense which would kill off him owning guns, but lmao if you think that would stop him, as he is probably a loving doomsday prepper with a shitton of hidden assault rifles and sniper rifles who figures that when everything goes to poo poo he will make his own little TRUE AMERICA patriot fiefdom where anyone who doesn't salute the flag or fails the paper bag test is shot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

joat mon posted:

I know I'm not exactly batting 1.000 with this guy, but do you have a source for the bolded bit?

Pretty sure he's not a convicted felon already. The assault with a weapon incident in 2010 where he threatened to shoot somoeone on the side of the road got brought all the way down to just probation with no jail time, and it was ended early in 2017 for "good behavior".

Felons usually do some jail time.

I can't source the court records with the actual charge without paying money to some public record search company though, thanks capitalism.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Flying_Crab posted:

Even if you get probation for a felony you're still intelligible to own a firearm under federal law AFAIK.

I'm still absolutely certain that he's gotten guns via grey market poo poo, I doubt the state of Montana is gonna follow up on who owns guns because there's far more guns than there are people in that state. There's more than 1 gun for every person in the US right now which is an amazing and awful number to consider.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

every time I see one of his tweets i think of this

quote:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNing

except not as cool and much more racist

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

The natural end of that argument is that any ownership of any firearm, even if it's a safe queen that never sees the light of day, or gets shot 15 times at the beginning of hunting season, automatically increases the danger to the public in the area.

Would you say that the public in the area would be more, or less in danger because there is a gun in the area? Even if it is a "Safe Queen" as you say.

You don't get to pick the middle and say it doesn't change, because in one scenario there is no gun, and the other there is. Does the public danger increase or decrease due to a properly secured firearm in the area?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 16, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYtpU5b2ALk

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NJersey posted:

UP THE BUM is right and the fact that all the loving cops and bootlickers jumped on him because they got their feelings hurt and not one of them voiced any concern or anger towards the article of one of their fellow officers offing himself while his leadership ignores his family’s SIX pleas for help says a loving lot. Definitely reasonable people I want to have a conversation with...

It’s not like the veterans here haven’t had any experience with an institution that ignores pleas for help until it’s too late, right?

gently caress off.

ACAB.

Rename GiP to Cop Safe Space or some poo poo...seems like more cops and bootlickers here than vets anyways...

lmao gently caress off

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

Rare good news: I just noticed that all of Tool’s albums are currently on the iTunes Store. I guess they finally changed their minds about selling their stuff online?

Yep, they added all their albums to several streaming services and they're on iTunes and poo poo now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Russia de facto pulled out of it 6 years ago so it was moot.

Yeah I was gonna say they've been building and testing in violation of the INF for a while. The other big problem with the INF is India and China were not party to it and China especially has taken advantage of that. 81% of their missile forces would be banned if they had been party to that treaty. So the INF was going to get dumped regardless of the Russians or not, honestly.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stravag posted:

Im assuming we did too cuz theres no way we're got something ready to test in 17 days

Small miracles right?

I mean the treaty has been dead since February, Stravag. We withdrew from it last year and there's a 6 month period where the treaty still exists. It was declared defunct in February though and the US is just now starting to test poo poo. Russia's got about a 6 year lead on that because they didn't give a gently caress.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arc Light posted:

By all means.

I desperately wish I were exaggerating, but those are the exact terms we use. We also use the flight PBED whiteboard process, even when it's completely inappropriate. Like, I could almost understand using it for OCO stuff where you could encounter a human element of resistance, but we use it for things like upgrading rules on a firewall.

"Oh no, what are the enemy forces? And what kind of terrain are we conducting this cyber sortie over? We'll address that when we hit phase 2, where we click "save" and then exit the user interface."

Edit: "If IRC fails, the alternate method of communication will be talking to the person sitting next to me. Or maybe smoke signals."

Edit2: :smithicide:

And people wonder why government networks are trash

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

There used to be a landlord thread in BFC where goons traded tips & tricks for pulling poo poo like this and the meltdowns when they got called out on it were so great.

That thread was amazing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

While perusing The Guardian's articles, I discovered that they're making a new Matrix movie

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/aug/20/the-matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-ann-moss-lana-wachowski

loving christ it's going to be awful and still sell huge in the box office because people will go see it because "Matrix"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Mao had a great way to deal with landlords

Who was it who shot every 10th apartment manager? Was that Stalin? That sounds good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

there was a matrix mmo that continued the plot from the movies for a while, as directed by the wachowskis. iirc the machines tell the humans that neo died but refuse to give back his body and morpheus (leading one in-game faction) keeps demanding to know what they're hiding. i assume the game shut down before anything was really developed or resolved, but i guess i shouldn't say more, lest it get used in a new film.

It'll probably get ruled non-canon because the Matrix MMO was so bad and experienced by so few people.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah idiot

also i hope they have the freeway set still from reloaded

thats my favorite driving scene ever tbh

They dismantled the set entirely and ripped up the paved freeway they built sadly.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they laid 5 miles of road in the middle of a desert specifically for the scene

jfc

It wasn't in the middle of the desert, it was 1.25 miles of highway on Alameda Island on the old NAS Alameda base.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ella_mayo_lmao/status/1164155762958053376

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They also had "Monopoly for Millenials" edition which is also stupid as gently caress.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We're working on background checks. There are things we can do. But we already have very serious background checks. We have strong background checks. We can close up the gaps. We can do things that are very good and things that, frankly, gun owners want to have done. But we also have to remember the gun doesn't pull the trigger, a person does. And we have great mental illness.

I'm just gonna post a trump quote wholesale, can someone parse the brainworms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Why was there graphite on the deck of that ship