Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

A Bad Poster posted:

As long as we all agree that Pentagon Wars is the best military movie ever made, I think we can all get along.

I'm sure people could debate "best" til the end of time, but it's definitely the most accurate and realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Slim Pickens posted:

14% abv seltzer, Jesus

Oh, yuck, looking at the small pic I thought it said 4%. So it's more like a can of gross sparkling wine.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Wait wait don't tell me is still pretty good. They seemed to give way fewer fucks after Trump won.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I've had a fairly busy week and haven't been paying a ton of attention, why the gently caress is he so obsessed with Greenland? Has Fox been running a bunch of segments about how great it is? Is there some kind of amazing real estate scam to be had there? It's like not even 2019 weird, it's just totally random.

Fallom posted:

Did anybody come up with "Donald's Folly" yet

Roughly 2.4 nanoseconds after it was first announced.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I’ve been bbqing exclusively using the beyond meat patties this summer and even my MAGA uncle-in-law (who told me only pussy liberals are vegan) couldn’t tell the difference and loves them.

I made a mixed-veggie dish last night and tossed in some of the hot Italian beyond meat sausages (and trader joes soy chorizo) and it was delicious.

It won’t end meat consumption but if this gets price competitive then hell yea woke millennials and gen-z will be devouring these things. gently caress the meat industry anyway.

My local grocery just started stocking Beyond Meat (or maybe I just now noticed it). I tried the burgers, pan fried in a cast iron skillet with minimal toppings, and wasn't a fan. It looks a lot like raw beef, and has a reasonably beefy texture, but the smell and taste are way different and it doesn't brown as well. It's got a weird sort of metallic smell to it that I think is a combination of the peas and coconut oil they use. I may try it on a Foreman grill to see if that cooks it any better.

The ground beef substitute in burritos is great though. Load it up with enough toppings and it's close enough to beef that I'm happy. Still looks kind of weird; it would probably be great for sloppy joes where the sauce will mask the pink color.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Reddit via Borepanda, so very likely stdh.txt, but Person Shares A Conversation With An Aggressive Vegan Who Accused Them Of Appropriation Just Because They Enjoy Tofu.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The ground beef substitute in burritos is great though. Load it up with enough toppings and it's close enough to beef that I'm happy.

I'm going to amend this to note that it produces some rather unsettling burps for several hours afterwards. Maybe it's an acquired taste but it's a really weird flavor.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing! My uncle was an NFO on the weather recon version of the EC-121 in the 70's and did a similar hurricane hunting thing. It sounded like a really cool gig.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Flying_Crab posted:

Where is Mar a Lago

On the previous page.

FAUXTON posted:

15.22 miles south of the current forecast point of landfall.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

always more and always dumber

Just think of all the chuds that told you they basically HAD to vote for him because of her loving emails. They don't give one poo poo about this lmao

I want to silk screen this tweet onto a cricket bat and use it to beat the stupid out of every hypocritical fuckwit who cited HeR EmAiLs as why they had to support Trump.

At least the goddamn Nazis are honest about why they like him.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

M_Gargantua posted:

I’ve gotten to play with a lot of “very fun bits” but I haven’t even seen the acronyms TK or RSEN

TK is Talent Keyhole, it just means "stuff obtained by satellites". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitive_Compartmented_Information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Milo and POTUS posted:

While you were stockpiling water, I was studying whiskey and beer

Last year when a hurricane was on the way I stopped by the commissary one afternoon to grab some water. Huge lines, shelves picked clean.

I went to the package store across the street instead, got a case of water with no line, plus some beer and a bottle of scotch.