Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
people out here are going to start blowing up if there's no clearly appropriate place to post TRMUP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Goreban Dallas 2.0 posted:

there is no inappropriate place

ok, heading for dnd

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

twoday posted:

why is everyone mad at nichael

he led Delaware into the shadow world as I understand the story

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

how can you lead something that doesn't exist into the shadow world

exactly we all know it as a not-place but that's all because of Nichael

it used to be like a paradise on earth

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Bearjew posted:

got a video job interview at 8:30 pm central lmao

make sure the bottles of liquor and the bongs are prominently in view

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

tmrump fractal

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I guess that doesn't really look like trump :saddowns:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

he I just had an idea, I'm going to start making tortillas until I get one that has Teump in it

I guess first I should start a patreon

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

if I were not conflicted by the fact that he is kind-of not nice I would buy 30 of those

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

anybody with Spanish ancestry is probably around 5% Jewish

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

euphronius posted:

what % Muslim

some, my mother's patrimonial line is probably mostly Basque but there's still North African and Sephardic DNA in me, not a lot but some

wait; maternal; she doesn't know who her father was but he was in some crazy endogamous NE Mx population so the genealogy work stops there

emfive has issued a correction as of 02:12 on Aug 2, 2019

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

euphronius posted:

why can’t we love each other

why are we so hosed up

teonrld

rontm

something like that

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

shovelbum posted:

Had some fresh peaches getting excessively ripe so I froze them and blended them with a bunch of frozen bananas

and lots of rum right

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

DryGoods posted:

it looks like a stretch for those wiener arms to reach those shoes to tie them

it makes me unreasonably anxious to think about that weiner man bending over to tie shoes and the weiner breaking, like I'll probably have a nightmare

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

shovelbum posted:

I'm re freezing it to scoopable ice cream consistency but I bet with a little rum and coconut it'd be awesome

I would start with a massive amount of rum and then dial it down until you don't immediately pass out or die

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

if you look at 19th century American "punch" recipes it's like Long Island Iced Tea except stronger, people were drunk off their asses all the time

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Pohl posted:

Arctic means nothing, Greenland is like 23 feet of ocean rise lmao

so what people along threatened coastlines can just sell their houses and move to newly-welcoming Greenland duhh

[edot] I made a lot of mistakes trying to type "duhh"

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

the way I understand things (which is poorly) a foot of sea level rise would gently caress up some poo poo

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

radical meme posted:

You’d be wrong. The Texas border is extremely conservative.

as far as I can tell there are only 5 districts. What's the breakdown?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

2DCAT posted:

Were getting close to secret album/cassette artwork imo

-

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Al! posted:

well with careful and measured investment in green energy jobs, over the next 60 years we can

kumbaya

"come by here"

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

my kids had a Ghost Rider action figure in their huge collection of second-hand toys but they didn't know anything about Ghost Rider so they called him The God Of Hell Fire

now you know

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

real talk i work with oncology like every day and all the misinformation about the medicine surrounding cancer and where we are and etc. etc. is very infuriating

thats my story kthx

what do the crosstabs look like

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

like i can't remember the exact stats and what-not, but some of the immuno-oncology like treatments are really good at treating certain forms of lymphoma and have a much higher success rate there.

The fun and exciting secret is we don't really have a good sense why they work better there than other places. There's alot of hypothesis, of course, but nothing that's really born out in clinical trials.

my experience is that the closer you get to doctor stuff, you realize that they can do amazing things now but more or less they're like the people who walked into a dark cave with a couple of flashlights and they've just been there for a couple hours longer than you have.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I am the Chariman

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

do people like picnics? be honest with me

no they're disgusting because bugs get all over the food inevitably

also the ground is literally made of poo poo

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

American president solidly embraces the Juche Ideal, as expected

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Gringostar posted:

we're only now starting to even look at gut flora and it's relation to everything else in the body (it's a lot which is why poop transplants are a thing)

my gf thats making viruses to rewrite your bodies dna to cure aids and sickle cell has a theory that the rise in autism might be heavily tied to the use of formula because we're only now discovering how much amazing bacteria our body has that helps us to function

also abusing antibiotics kills all that good bacteria in your body which is why you should eat more yogurt, especially different kinds that have different bacteria

kefir is delicious for reals and chugging a quart of that a day would be awesome

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I'm going to say that I don't think baby formula causes autism, it might be a bad idea but that seems like a huge stretch

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Gringostar posted:

it's more that formula doesn't have a ton of stuff we haven't even studied that's been found in breastmilk, and we're only now finding good brain bacteria is linked to gut bacteria

well I agree with that because of course. I'm just saying that in my extremely limited experience autism and ASD (which I kind-of think is semi-bullshit anyway) is a pretty fundamental "how does this particular human work" thing

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Gringostar posted:

we talked about this when she told me her theory and personally I think autism is a lot like a plane crash where one thing going wrong doesn't cause the crash, but like 10 things going wrong will

taking away 2-3 of those 10 things will drastically reduce the chances for it

I guess it boils down to something that happens when babby forms vs something that happens after birth. I am utterly ignorant of all medical things, as I tell people literally all the time when I'm inexplicably asked for medical advice

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

gregday posted:

it thinks theyre eggs and it's trying to break them

that meta-meme "There's something wrong with that bird :( " — can somebody explain it to me? I mean I get it but I don't know that I fully understand the nuance and I know I don't know where it comes from

perhaps it has to do with mtirmp

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

sonatinas posted:

we going back to wet nurses, only for the wealthy ofc

yea I don't want to go into details but formula may be less than optimal but a lot of people are alive because of it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

when I was about 11 I realized that "and" and "but" mean exactly the same thing, logically, and it freaked me out

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I read Jonathan Livingston Seagull and I was in a trance for many days, I broke up a fight between two huge dudes in PE one day because I Believed and somehow I was not killed

I was really stupid as a child, good thing I'm old now

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

Birds are super cool.

there's a lot of weird poo poo if you get sucked into the Youtube cockatoo vortex, those things are extremely cspam apparently

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Birds aren't even real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0Y2hVe_bw

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

Searching for pepper seed on amazon sucked. Do you have a link you can share? Because I love song birds(I wake up at dawn anyway) and squirrels are my mortal enemies.

safflower seed seems to be disliked by squirrels and rats, but cardinals, titmouses, chickadees, sparrows, doves, and even finches and wrens eat it happily.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Bearjew posted:

i'll text my wife and see if she can send it to me

for now, take this mildly blurry photo of the goldfinches (it still shocks me to see bright yellow birds in the wild)

goldfinches aren't gold when they're down south (central texas)

we have "lesser goldfinches" here too, they're black on their back and gold on the belly. Their song is almost exactly the Nelson "ha ha"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I bet those birds would be really pissed if they knew we called them "lesser" goldfinches