Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

All burgers are impossible burgers until the first one is made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Gringostar posted:

is this like the parking meters in chicago i think we're they were sold to a private equity firm for pennies on the dollar for like 100 years to make up a budget shortfall created by republicans refusing to raise taxes anywhere?

Abu Dhabi has the Chicago contract, and they're projected to recoup the contract price in less than 40 years, meaning 62 years of pure profit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

the bureau now “classifies domestic terrorism threats into four main categories: racially motivated violent extremism, anti-government/anti-authority extremism, animal rights/environmental extremism, and abortion extremism

Cool. Still no recognition of anti-gay extremist terrorism.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Not super good manufacturing data:

quote:

America’s manufacturing slowdown worsened last month as weaker demand sent activity to its lowest level in nearly three years, according to a survey released Thursday.

It was the fourth straight monthly decline in manufacturing and brought the sector perilously close to contraction, according to the Institute for Supply Management.

Timothy Fiore, chair of ISM’s manufacturing survey, told reporters the uninterrupted slump in US manufacturing was worrisome.

“In all previous declines we’ve had ups and downs and we’ve had four straight months here of declines,” he said.

Nine of 18 manufacturing sectors contracted, including metal goods manufacturers and steel mills, electrical equipment, machinery and transportation — an industry badly hit by Boeing’s 737 MAX crisis.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol China advised Mexico to use the same negotiating tactics that they used and now Trump is getting owned by everybody.

President Trump forevially owned and loving it. Fully wrapped in permanent brain spiders and fully delitized and loving it!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

UFOTacoMan posted:

still don't understand how so many people afford these $60,000 trucks

Once gas gets over $3.50 a gallon, they can't.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Trump Rally 10 Cent Beer Night

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Steven Kopits is a shill immigration consultant for OANN.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

IF you're a politician even mildly in opposition to Trump, closed circuit cameras inside and outside of your house are probably a good idea.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Countdown to the Jay Inslee campaign being revealed to pay twitter accounts to say that he's sexy.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

HONK JESUS HONK IF U SAVES IF U LOVE LOVE JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS

At what point is there a valid claim that your bumper stickers are taking the lord's name in vain?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Can bumper stickers sin?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

when is pelosi's dumb thing supposed to be

It seemed more like she was just blowing people off. I'm not sure it'll be a 'thing.'

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I'm cool with that.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Well...

Nixon also feared losing his reelection and therefore forced the Fed to lower interest rates and temporarily prop up the US economy, with short term success and long term economic disaster following.

So that's not very true. There are very clear historical parallels.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's old and I've posted it, but I just love repeating it:

quote:

Esther Schneider of Texas, Sean Maloney of Ohio and Timothy Knight of Tennessee just resigned their positions on the board of the National Rifle Association.

According to the Washington Post, reported that the three said that they raised questions about the lavish spending by CEO Wayne LaPierre. After, they were suddenly stripped of their committee assignments. The resigned after that.

The NRA has been thrown into chaos after former NRA chief Oliver North was ousted in wake of criticisms of about the way the organization was spending members’ money.

To make matters worse, NRA TV was ended after the organization refused to pay invoices from the communications and marketing firm that runs the project. It devolved into chaos after North was attacked in a lawsuit by the company.

“On a cosmic level, the NRA has been hemorrhaging cash for years (running deficits of as much as $40 million a year), may be nearly broke, is losing members, and now faces a formidable legal challenge to its tax exempt status,” wrote conservative Charlie Sykes. “And this doesn’t even include its odd entanglements with the Russians,” wrote Sykes. “The full NRA board is supposed to meet on Monday to hash all of this out.”

The NRA was behind at least $15 million in soft money used to help elect President Donald Trump in 2016. There are questions about where exactly the money came from and allegations it was funneled through foreign donors.

Wayne LaPierre single handedly destroyed the NRA, and Oliver North was cheating the NRA out of tons of money but actually wanted to save the institution.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You don't say?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mu9XFNVzMQ

The prospect of Americans raiding Canadian pharmacies for cheaper prescription drugs is raising the spectre of drug shortages north of the border.

Canada is not very keen on Trump's announcement of the plan to eventually make a plan to buy drugs from Canada. And Canada is going to lock that poo poo down and only sell the dregs to the US.

SO congrats to the Trump plan withstanding 48 hours of international scrutiny before flaming out. It's a record.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Here it comes

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

At least the handlers had the sense to scrub the Q followers out of visual range.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

yuup...I'm done. I'm not throwing up in my mouth over this poo poo.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh ok so this is never happening

If you missed out on the whole hullabaloo:

It's an announcement of an intent for someone to finalize a plan that one day in the future may(or may not) lay a foundation for drug manufacturers to lower prices.

And Canada is already telling the US to gently caress right off.
But they're canadian so they're being polite.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

We're only polite to your face

And that's okay, because I was taught to always bring booze or fresh baked goods when visiting somebody abroad. And I'm from a proud family of assholes who assume that's what you'd do no matter what.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

For removal of dead bodies, I only accept poultices or above.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Stephen Miller definitely has a plan for ending the AIDS epidemic straight out of the 1980s conservative playbook, and his childhood cancer cure will be just as simple and evil.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I love my pathologically racist president, his eternal persecution complex, and his irresistable compulsion to do violence toward minorities by any means available.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If trump didn't have a rich daddy, twitter, and his rallies he'd be on death row today.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

IF Trump didn't have money and infamy, if he was just some random white guy, he'd have shot up a black church years ago.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

The Trump White House has asked the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) to provide it with a list of top American spies at a time when President Donald Trump is looking to install a loyalist as his new intelligence chief.

The Daily Beast reports that the administration wants the ODNI to deliver an inventory of “all its employees at the federal government’s top pay scale who have worked there for 90 days or more,” although it has not offered an official justification for why it wants the office to do this.

The Daily Beast’s sources believe that the most likely explanation for the request is that the White House wants to remove Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence Sue Gordon from her post. Gordon, who is widely respected on Capitol Hill, is viewed warily by the White House because she’s not seen as part of “Team MAGA,” the report claims.

umm...

Agent Penis posted:

America is going down the tubes

yeah+

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Once you unlock 40 Pee values, you unlock the Trump admin intern class.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

i ask because i may have a picnic in my future but i can't be arsed

If you don't put in any effort, your picnic will surely suck.

Picnics are what you make them. Nothing more or less.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

huh

Chariman Kim has a great and beautiful vision for his country, and only the United States, with me as President, can make that vision come true.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

When giving his own account of the events leading up to the brawl on Thursday, the rapper stressed that he felt “scared” and that he and his entourage had repeatedly told the plaintiff to leave them alone.

aww man. I'd hate to be an artist in a genre that worships toxic masculinity and be advised by my lawyer to say I'm scared in order to get the least penalty for my crime.

Somebody tell A$AP Rocky that they get PS2 in sweden jail, even if you mass murder 60 kids.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

A letter signed by 33 House Democrats was submitted Thursday night to Acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan demanding the resignation of U.S. Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost.

Only 33 dems could muster the gumption to ask for her resignation.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It takes a brave 29 year old man to take down a 61 year old peaceful protester.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Birds are super cool.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Bearjew posted:

somebody in a past trump thread recommended some great bird seed (pepper seed) that the rear end in a top hat squirrels don't eat from our bird feeder, so we have tons of really cool birds coming up to eat now. titmice, cardinals, nuthatches, and recently a pair of goldfinches.

Searching for pepper seed on amazon sucked. Do you have a link you can share? Because I love song birds(I wake up at dawn anyway) and squirrels are my mortal enemies.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Bearjew posted:

here you go, this is what we've got right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Delight-Sizzle-Heat-Bird/dp/B01E17THKQ

we've also used this before, and it worked fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Coles-BH05-Blazing-Bird-5-Pound/dp/B005DQHHJI

it's more expensive than generic bird seed but it lasts us a longer since the squirrels don't eat it.

I'm going to try emfive's suggestion about safflower seeds, though. they're certainly cheaper than the pepper seed.

I appreciate this.

I'm going to purchase some for myself and my rear end in a top hat boomer parents.

Birds I love:
Purple Martins
Red-wing Blackbirds
Blue Jays
Cardinals
Any bird with yellow on it
All manner of woodpeckers, though they need a near dead tree to feed from and they don't care about food you leave out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Bearjew posted:

never seen a purple martin and since the dead tree on our property line came down, we haven't seen any woodpeckers. but we have tons of songbirds. good luck!

Purple Martins make bats feel like poo poo when it comes to the insect eating industry. They are monsters. But if you don't live near a lake or a river you can't coax them to hang out with you.

But to reiterate, I'm deffo buying the seed that will inflict pain on my mortal enemy - the squirrel.