Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this says a lot about our society...

gently caress I HATE CHILDREN SO MUCH FOR NOT KNOWING ABOUT BOOKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i learned to read really early because of gaming. reader rabbit ftw. anyway it kind of sucked because it meant that despite loving reading I kind of just got tortured by school because based off what they consider a typical reading level they basically expect you to be barely capable of reading until your 18. so I guess what I'm saying is once again boomers see what they want to see

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

phone bad

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Darkman Fanpage posted:

gently caress I HATE CHILDREN SO MUCH FOR NOT KNOWING ABOUT BOOKS

They tried to organize their business with an internal market competition instead of rational planning mr boomer cartoonist sir.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i can't believe the children have replaced the dumb thing I used to do with a different dumb thing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
what happened?! obviously it must be the fault of my idiot son's generation!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 28 hours!)

thought this was the anabaptist thread smdh

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

lucky

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I am gonna read so many books and prove you Wrong

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

same, kid

same

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i'm the "I <3 big baps" shirt

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hate my wife

father i cannot swipe the book

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

hwo do i raise childen, in a society?

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

i learned to read really early because of gaming. reader rabbit ftw. anyway it kind of sucked because it meant that despite loving reading I kind of just got tortured by school because based off what they consider a typical reading level they basically expect you to be barely capable of reading until your 18. so I guess what I'm saying is once again boomers see what they want to see

lol :same: i literally had to read lord of the flies twice because my dad recommended it to me when i was in 5th grade.

i used to get yelled at for reading ahead lmao

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uranium posted:

hwo do i raise childen, in a society?

raise them communist

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

its not just children who bad and dumb!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Anyone under 40 is a child now.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its not just children who bad and dumb!!!

lol what if instead it said "free healthcare"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

holidays pics

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Farm Frenzy posted:

holidays pics

is it a maths type thing?

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

I guess they can take pictures during their volleyball games if you want, boomer guy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i never made it to social media, why do tweets that get posted here have the newest replies on top and the original below sometimes but not always?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

i never made it to social media, why do tweets that get posted here have the newest replies on top and the original below sometimes but not always?

Twitter's deliberately been made shittier.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Twitter is a garbage mess of a website that has little rhyme or reason for how replies are displayed

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
I still haven't figured out how to easily look at the parent tweet of a reply

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's been made harder to use than it was, on purpose.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Grevling posted:

They tried to organize their business with an internal market competition instead of rational planning mr boomer cartoonist sir.

Also that child looks to be about 12 and not in Sears target demographic. He doesn't have an income and very little purchasing power and likely little interest in the power tools or homewares that Sears primarily focused on.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind, OP

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Larry Parrish posted:

Age of Empires may not be the best source of history but I probably was only one of a few in my high school class who knew there were other cultures besides the Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TrixRabbi posted:

Also that child looks to be about 12 and not in Sears target demographic. He doesn't have an income and very little purchasing power and likely little interest in the power tools or homewares that Sears primarily focused on.

the sears catalog was huge for me as a kid
they did a toy issue in november that was like 80 pages of just toys and vid games and i would cut out all the pages and arrange them into a huge list and once or twice i actuallly got something from all that work but the fun was dreaming about having fun.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

this one's okay they're on their way to the polls

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS